Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » BoTP and Gatchaman on Hulu & Hulu Plus
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BoTP and Gatchaman on Hulu & Hulu Plus
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
BoTP and Gatchaman on Hulu & Hulu Plus Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm noti sure when it came about but I just wanted to let everyone know, for those who are interested and who have access to the service Hulu/Hulu Plus, both BoTP and Gatchaman are now available for viewing.

It seems there are 24 episodes of BoTP and all 105 of Gatchaman available to watch online. Smile

No new posts 31-05-2014 21:50 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Interesting! Any GoS or Eagle Riders?

No new posts 01-06-2014 16:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Not that I know of TJ. Frown

No new posts 02-06-2014 11:15 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

They also have Gatchaman Crowds.

No new posts 02-06-2014 22:35 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

I noticed that Hulu now has 85 episodes of Battle of The Planets up. dance

No new posts 11-07-2014 16:28 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

Very cool. I might watch BotP for the Novelty. It's too bad they don't have G-Force since that's how I saw the show the most, even if I prefer the uncut version now.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by JohngPR on 28-07-2014 at 17:09.
No new posts 28-07-2014 17:09 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Kritter I noticed that Hulu now has 85 episodes of Battle of The Planets up. dance

That's the whole BoTP series (for those who weren't aware). Tongue

No new posts 30-07-2014 21:39 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

They had a nice display set up at Comic Con last week- here it is:

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 31-07-2014 04:03 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

Would've killed to have one of those posters. I really hope that Sentai Filmworks translates and dubs Gatchaman II.

No new posts 31-07-2014 04:44 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Yeah would have loved one too, Johng.

No new posts 31-07-2014 06:26 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

All 85 episodes of Battle of the Planets and all 105 episodes of Gatchaman are available to watch on the Anime Network. They are free to watch online in the US. Not sure about other countries.

Battle of the Planets

Gatchaman

It also looks like they are going to be adding the OVA, not sure if you need to subscribe for that one or not as they only list the first 3 episodes and they are marked 'coming soon'

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by mylari on 10-09-2014 at 01:18.
No new posts 10-09-2014 01:13 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by mylari

It also looks like they are going to be adding the OVA, not sure if you need to subscribe for that one or not as they only list the first 3 episodes and they are marked 'coming soon'

Actually, the OVA only has three episodes. The subbed version is the best, but the newer dub with Brian and Co. Is very good, too. I wouldn't waste my time with the original dub. The art is good, but the reworked characters are something else: Ken looks like a boy band reject, while Joe's become a refugee from the hair metal era, and Jun's got breast implants, and I'll avoid commentary on Jinpei and Ryu.

However, if you do have Hulu Plus, you can also watch Volton Lion Force, Sailor Moon, and a new Sailor Moon that is being released.

No new posts 10-09-2014 04:20 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Good to know :-) - I know next to nothing about the OVA and your descriptions scare me ;-) I have all of Voltron Lion Force on DVD and refuse to watch the sequels in big part because of the character redesigns. Small changes/clothing changes are one thing, but when everything changes - eh...

Now just wishing BotP had a DVD release of all 85 episodes in the US... Would go great with my Lion Force DVDs ;-)

No new posts 10-09-2014 11:15 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Get yourself a region free DVD* (or Blu-ray player*) mylari! Smile
There is a complete set of BoTP but it's in Region 4. It's $75 and available here in the US. You can buy it here:

http://www.daaveedee.com/product_info.php?products_id=127819

*Just make sure you buy one with PAL/NTSC Conversion...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Redbird on 10-09-2014 at 11:42.
No new posts 10-09-2014 11:21 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

mylari -- about the OVA...even though many share Amethyst's opinion of the OVA, they still buy it just for Joe's shower scene! Cheeky

No new posts 10-09-2014 12:38 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

Where do yo get region free DVD players in the US?

No new posts 10-09-2014 12:40 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Kritter
Where do yo get region free DVD players in the US?

You can buy them at various places. Or you can do what I do: get software that will copy a PAL DVD to region-free format and burn it onto another DVD.

No new posts 10-09-2014 16:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Red bird: Not sure I can justify the region free machine right now. I can just see that conversation with the hubby:

Me: So... I wanna get a region free disc player...
Him: Why? What's wrong with the DVD and blu-Ray players we already have?
Me: They won't play forgeign discs so I can watch anime...
Him: WTF?

I keep my "activities" from him. He has no idea that I write or sketch & wouldn't understand my recent reattachment to things I watched 30+ years ago or the source material behind it. I'm sure he'd sign me up to be medicated...

ElectricWhite: *ears perk up* did I read that right? Joe shower scene???? *eyes get wide* potential yummy alert! Does Ken have one too?
At work & need to go get a cold drink & look at spreadsheets... Think about boring numbers... Don't think about eagles and/or condors and their grooming habits...

Transmute Jun: Now software on the other hand... That I might be able to pull off... Any that you'd recommend?

No new posts 10-09-2014 16:49 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by mylari
ElectricWhite: *ears perk up* did I read that right? Joe shower scene???? *eyes get wide* potential yummy alert! Does Ken have one too?

No, there's just Joe's scene...but that's more than fair compensation for Jun's gratuitous jiggling...

No new posts 10-09-2014 17:22 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well as much as I prefer the Eagle to the Condor, the margin is pretty small... I could happily enjoy either or both. Dang - need to get another cold drink & look at more spreadsheets now...

No new posts 10-09-2014 18:44 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: