Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Casey Kasem's Family Feud
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Casey Kasem's Family Feud
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Casey Kasem's Family Feud Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I don't know how many of you saw/heard this in the news, but Casey Kasem (the voice of Mark in BOTP) is at the center of an ugly family feud. Poor guy...can't have any peace...

Casey Kasem's Family Feud

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 02-10-2013 16:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That's just terrible! I hope his current wife has a good reason for her actions -- besides being a gold-digging, evil stepmother. (Which makes it even more disgusting since the kids and grandkids aren't interested in his money.)

No new posts 02-10-2013 17:24 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wow. It just makes me glad I'm not a celebrity/in a celebrity family. It causes many more tensions, and then your life is subject to this kind of 'publicity'. Ugh.

No new posts 02-10-2013 17:39 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I wonder if some of his old friends there include the remaining voice cast from BotP?

No new posts 02-10-2013 19:23 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

This is very sad, but before we start villianizing the wife because we empathize with the children, we need to consider one thing:

We don't know what Casey wants. There are people who when faced with a debilitating disease like Parkinson's don't want people to see how week or feeble they have become, how the disease affects them.

She may be acting on her own thinking that she is preserving his dignity, she may following his intentions, or maybe somewhere in between.

Whatever her reasons, I hope she realizes that this will not help him, and that they are shutting out a valuable support network.

No new posts 03-10-2013 01:28 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

My mother had Parkinson's. It does cause depression. But as Ame said, there could be more going on. My mother started to deny her care, which included oxygen. This wasn't at the end of the course of the disease. Sje could still walk on her own if she bothered to use her oxygen. Three of my four siblings and I fought our father about it. To us, he was letting her commit a slow suicide. We ended up calling in the County Welfare.

He never forgave us for 'going over his head'.

We don't know what Casey's most recent conversations with his kids had been. If they really are being denied access to him, they should get a lawyer in to talk to him about his wishes.

No new posts 03-10-2013 18:21 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

So sad -I didn't know that Casey Kasem has Parkinson's disease. Here's hoping he can have peace with his family soon!

For some reason, it also surprises me that he's 81 -a year older than my father. Funny to think that he would have been well into his 40s when he did Mark's voice for Battle of the Planets.

No new posts 03-10-2013 21:48 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

His wife should arrange a phone conversation between him and one or more of the children (English needs a word for adult children) so they can know what's up.

Janet Waldo is 89. Ronnie Schell is 81. Alan Young is 91. So they're not rushing around very much.

No new posts 03-10-2013 22:40 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
(English needs a word for adult children)

There is off-spring and descendants, but they sound awkward in that situation. However, if you ask any parent, their children are their children no matter how old they are, unless of course they've been disinherited for some reason, but then they are still children just with an additional adjective or two.

No new posts 03-10-2013 23:26 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It's so hard to believe they are that old. But then again, how old are we? I'd be curious what our age demographics are here.

No new posts 04-10-2013 18:16 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

40 something. Not copping to anything else. Wink

No new posts 04-10-2013 21:10 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
It's so hard to believe they are that old. But then again, how old are we? I'd be curious what our age demographics are here.

I think a lot of us here started out as Battle of the Planets fans, so if we could chart the birth dates of all members registered here, I wouldn't be surprised if it looked something like this:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 04-10-2013 at 21:16.
No new posts 04-10-2013 21:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

42...man, I'm old! How did this happen? LB, I'll bet that chart is pretty accurate!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-10-2013 21:21 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

When I was teaching high school students and they'd ask how old I am, I always answered in this riddle:

I was born on the 11th anniversary of the day the music died.

If they really wanted to know my age that badly they could look it up and do the math.

No new posts 04-10-2013 23:06 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I've been thinking about it because the big 50 is coming up in a few months. Since I plan to live to 100 at least, I've got lots of time still coming.

No new posts 05-10-2013 03:10 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

What scares me more than my body falling apart, is the possibility of losing the few marbles that I have in my head.

I could live easier, happier in a body that doesn't work as long as I can think and read, then I could if I had a fully functioning body with a mind that was gone.

No new posts 05-10-2013 04:15 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
I could live easier, happier in a body that doesn't work as long as I can think and read, then I could if I had a fully functioning body with a mind that was gone.

I'd rather have both a functioning mind and body. Having a functioning mind trapped in a useless body is an especially nasty form of hell on earth.

No new posts 05-10-2013 13:34 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
quote:
Originally posted by amethyst

I'd rather have both a functioning mind and body. Having a functioning mind trapped in a useless body is an especially nasty form of hell on earth.

True, EW, having both is always preferable.

No new posts 05-10-2013 14:38 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I think staying busy is important, too. People who just lay around aren't using their bodies or their brains. That's one of the things I like about writing. It does keep the mind active.

Look at Betty White. I want to be her at that age.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Becky Rock on 05-10-2013 at 23:43.
No new posts 05-10-2013 16:31 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

Im 40 as well, people are shocked when I say this.

I look and act much younger.

one day I hope to be as young as my father (he is 76)

No new posts 05-10-2013 17:56 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: