Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Greetings all!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Greetings all!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Greetings all! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone!

I stumbled upon the Gatchamania site quite awhile ago and after lurking for long enough, decided to finally take the plunge and join in.

Before I continue, I have to give an extra shout out of thanks to Cep and TJ for helping me clear up my registration issues!

Like many of you, I grew up watching BoTP In the early 80's. I specifically remembered the episodes "The Fierce Flowers" and "The Duplicate King".

It wasn't until many (many) years later that I found out about Gatchaman. I never looked into the show initially, it was something I recently decided to pick up for some reason. I'm totally hooked! While I loved BoTP as a kid, Gatchaman is *so* much better!

And as to the eternal question: Eagle or Condor--you will note, I am a Condor Joe fan! (Yep, I'm a total Joe girl....).

I'm looking forward to spending time here among other Gatchamaniacs!

No new posts 10-09-2013 00:13 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hooray! It's always good to have another Condor girl around! Me? I lean toward the Eagle...but I love the Condor, too... really, I just can't make up my mind. They're both hotties!

Hope you have fun here! Winknudge

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 10-09-2013 00:57 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome, Redbird! Can't wait for you to jump in to the rest of the insanity! Bonkers1

No new posts 10-09-2013 01:01 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Hooray! It's always good to have another Condor girl around! Me? I lean toward the Eagle...but I love the Condor, too... really, I just can't make up my mind. They're both hotties!

Hope you have fun here! Winknudge

Oh, I know Springie! It's so hard to choose, the Eagle does have those lovely blue eyes! Wink3

And thank you for the welcome EW. I'm just starting to "dig in"--there is so much to read and look at!

No new posts 10-09-2013 01:17 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Welcome, Redbird! It's always nice to meet another Condorphile. Smile

If you haven't visited Gatchfanfic yet, that's another fun place to visit.

http://www.gatchfanfic.com/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jublke on 10-09-2013 at 02:00.
No new posts 10-09-2013 01:59 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm glad you made it onto the site, Redbird! Your story is very similar to mine! I grew up watching BOTP, then learned about Gatchaman as an adult and realized how much better it was! But I still hold a lot of sentiment in my heart for BOTP, since that was my childhood show.

In my case, I can't decide between Eagle or Condor, so being a Swan, I like to dally with both. Big Grin

No new posts 10-09-2013 02:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Welcome Redbird, glad you've finally joined us.

Your story is similar to mine too, watching BotP as a kid, then being totally confused when I tried to look it up on the internet as an adult and stumbled upon Gatchaman and the other incarnations.

I'm a total Condor girl too, (but then the Eagle *is* spoken for Wink )

No new posts 10-09-2013 05:26 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Welcome, Redbird!

My story, like so many others, is similar to yours. I started watching BotP in 1978, and continued until it went off the air. I learned about Gatchaman around 1995, but didn't have the time or resources to scope it out (I was still learning how to use email). About four years, I searched out both BotP and Gatchaman on whim, and haven't left.

The people here grow on you much like the characters in the shows.

No new posts 10-09-2013 05:59 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Howdy do, Redbird! Welcome to the fun!

No new posts 10-09-2013 08:53 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So many Condor fans! Condor

jublke: Thanks for the fanfic link--I have visited there before. So many talented writers!

TJ: I waffled back and forth between Condor and Eagle, but we can see who won! Being a Swan is a perfect choice, I would want both too--why choose!

KT1972 & amethyst: I've never seen G-Force (GoS) or Eagle Riders. I do remember a childhood friend telling me years ago, when G-Force came out in the 90's--she was confused because all the names were different.

I also grew up watching Robotech, Teknoman (I think that was the 90's though) and Thunderbirds 2086 (no one seems to remember Thunderbirds 2086, it was on TV I think only for an initial run, then never again. I must've been the only kid up at 6:30AM to see it. LOL. It's on You Tube now).

k2p2: Thank you for the welcome, I'm feeling at right at home!

*For some reason though I'm having problems handling the smileys ....*frowns*

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Redbird on 10-09-2013 at 11:59.
No new posts 10-09-2013 11:51 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Welcome, Redbird!

Like the others, I started watched BotP in 1978 and never stopped. I didn't find out about Gatchaman until 2001. I still prefer BotP, even with Zark *gag*.

Jason's my guy. It's that tough but sensitive nature of his. And his urge to pound Mark over the head at times.

No new posts 10-09-2013 11:52 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird

grandpa I was the same way when I started waaaay back when!

I finally printed out a hard copy of the smiley list (it's under FAQs, if you haven't looked for it...) to keep in a folder by my desktop.

No new posts 10-09-2013 13:00 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

A big, warm welcome, Redbird! You've joined the right place with the right people!

Differently from many others, I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to come to know about Gatchaman when I was still very young! Since I come from Malta, the only tv channels that I could watch during my childhood, apart from our then one national channel, were Italian, so I had been fortunate enough to encounter the true Gatchaman when it had been aired on these Italian channels, followed by Gatch II and Gatch F! To tell the truth, a short while before I had discovered Gatchaman, I had also watched a couple of BotP episodes, so I must admit that I had been a bit confused, at first, since albeit my age I could somehow distinguish differences between the two, such as the inconsistency of the plots, different artwork ... and ... Zark! I really couldn't stand him from that very tender age, along with the cheesy conversations between Mark and Princess at his side, so my decision hadn't been that difficult after a while! ... I chose the show which didn't have Zark in it!! Wink From then on I was totally hooked! Robotech and Teknoman had been shows which I used to follow, too!

As to my favourite character ... I'm a loyal Eagle fan! Even though I wouldn't mind having the Condor there waiting for me, as it's a bit difficult to choose between the two, sometimes!

No new posts 10-09-2013 13:22 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Yeah, the smilies are kind of complicated. I don't think anyone knows them all, even Cep! I think most of us just have 10-20 memorized, and then we look up the others if we need them. Or sometimes we just see a weird one pop up on the random selection and decide to try it out.

Once I tried to start an IF using just the random smilies that showed up, but it didn't get very far. No one else seemed interested in my silliness.... I know, right? Big Grin

No new posts 10-09-2013 13:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
grandpa I was the same way when I started waaaay back when!

I finally printed out a hard copy of the smiley list (it's under FAQs, if you haven't looked for it...) to keep in a folder by my desktop.

I did wind up copying the whole smiley list and saving it, EW. Good idea to print it out & keep it handy!

Becky Rock: I was surprised that Mark & Jason never wound up beating the heck out of each other. Interesting that in Gatch, you do see Ken & Joe taking shots at each other. Guess they thought us kids couldn't handle cartoon violence back then!

Gatchamarie: I agree, as a kid I wondered why the animation was different when Mark & Princess were in Zark's control center! I'm amazed at how much they cut out from Gatch. If you liked Teknoman, there is the original version Tekkaman Blade, which I haven't seen yet.

TJ: Yeah, it took me a minute to realize those smileys on the left side of the screen were random and that I couldn't just scroll through them. Laugh

No new posts 10-09-2013 21:48 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Redbird... ahem... just wondering...

Is there any special *symbolism* behind your avatar of a smiling Joe holding his gun/drill at the 'ready' position?

I mean, I know what *I* think of... but then again, that's me... Devil1

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 11-09-2013 at 02:25.
No new posts 11-09-2013 02:25 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Errr...I choose the right to remain silent! LOL.

Oh man, I can see my avatar is going to become the stuff of fic fodder by the end of the week! Condor Ooh Laugh2

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Redbird on 11-09-2013 at 11:50.
No new posts 11-09-2013 11:48 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Redbird... ahem... just wondering...

Is there any special *symbolism* behind your avatar of a smiling Joe holding his gun/drill at the 'ready' position?

I mean, I know what *I* think of... but then again, that's me... Devil1

Oh! For some reason that hadn't occurred to me!

But now that I have something to think about......

No new posts 11-09-2013 12:25 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:

If you liked Teknoman, there is the original version Tekkaman Blade, which I haven't seen yet.

Many thanks for the tip, Redbird! I'll certainly look into it the first chance I'd have, since you've gotten me curious! Maybe I'd discover that I've come across the original version already, or maybe even that I've been referring to that one when I thought that I wasn't, since English names and titles vary from the Italian ones and, many a time, I'd get confused and might refer to the wrong series! Plus ... many years have passed and my memory isn't that lucid anymore!

No new posts 11-09-2013 19:46 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Gatchamarie: You might have seen the original at some point since you did see the original Gatch on TV. Teknoman is the American version of Tekkaman Blade--they changed stuff from the original show for American audiences (just like what happened with BoTP). I think there were only 43 episodes shown versus Tekkaman Blades 49. You can find Tekkaman Blade in Japanese with English subs.

No new posts 11-09-2013 22:05 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: