Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Nikkatsu's Live Action Gatch movie
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (6): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  5  6  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Nikkatsu's Live Action Gatch movie
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Jinpei is adorable, too! But what is going on with Joe's messy hair? I don't know if it really fits his persona...maybe it will make sense when/ if I see the movie...

The actor cast as Joe is the one I'm the most... iffy on -or most likely, he's the character I'm the pickiest about. I knew he'd be played by a Japanese actor -no problem with that, really- but he looks sort of slighter and shorter than how I envision the Condor. He looks a lot shorter than Ken! But then, personality goes a long way, for sure, so if the movie's storyline is true to Joe's character and the actor conveys him well, I could be quite happy.

No new posts 09-01-2013 03:52 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Jinpei is adorable, too! But what is going on with Joe's messy hair? I don't know if it really fits his persona...maybe it will make sense when/ if I see the movie...

The actor cast as Joe is the one I'm the most... iffy on -or most likely, he's the character I'm the pickiest about. I knew he'd be played by a Japanese actor -no problem with that, really- but he looks sort of slighter and shorter than how I envision the Condor. He looks a lot shorter than Ken! But then, personality goes a long way, for sure, so if the movie's storyline is true to Joe's character and the actor conveys him well, I could be quite happy.

I agree. Presence and character matter more than appearance, unless that appearance is a major feature of the character. It would not do for Joe to be shorter than Jinpei. Shorter than Ryu may or may not work. Shorter than Ken would not be a big deal if key aspects of who he is are there.

However, I'll admit that I lean more towards being a purist and major changes to a character leave me skeptical and should not be done lightly.

No new posts 09-01-2013 06:12 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I don 't like his eyes. In the interview, it seemed like he was half asleep. Guess I'll have to reserve my opinion also until I see how he plays the part.

No new posts 21-01-2013 02:18 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

An attractive cast, for certain.

Hope it's good (or at least entertainingly cheesy).

No new posts 05-03-2013 02:23 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

There's a new trailer!

Thank you, Sosai Tim for sharing it with us!

http://youtu.be/WXQ16cXxJiM

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 12-04-2013 at 01:36.
No new posts 12-04-2013 01:36 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

More information and visuals!

http://kotaku.com/these-superhero-suits-...0-000-472372056

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/images/20130...5040010-p12.jpg

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest...ewed-in-g-suits

No new posts 12-04-2013 01:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

So far I'm digging the updated look. I like that Jun isn't in a tiny skirt, and don't mind the purple instead of pink. Of course, once I can see the entire suits I might realize that I was terribly wrong. Smile

No new posts 12-04-2013 10:23 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I think the idea for Jun was that they wanted to integrate her look into the Team and not have her stand out as a sex symbol.

No new posts 12-04-2013 16:21 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

I think the new suits are kind of cool, from what little we can see, and Katse looks impressively menacing....

The storyline seems pretty interesting, although I wonder what they are going to do with it as it is pretty vague. The whole "magical stones," things has me raising an eyebrow.

Thanks for sharing.

No new posts 12-04-2013 19:17 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Okay, I am going to admit it .... I am now beginning to get a little excited about this. Now if I were to discover they would release it with English subtitles I might become very excited. Snoopy Dance

No new posts 12-04-2013 20:59 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

me too, CD!!! Animeclap

No new posts 12-04-2013 21:06 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I have been disappointed so many times by the news that a movie was coming out .... that is one of the conversations being discussed when I first joined this site ... and then seen nothing come from it. But now, it looks like we are really going to see something.

No new posts 12-04-2013 21:23 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

TJ: Yeah, they said in the English-language article that they didn't want her there just for sex appeal. Jun's finally getting the respect she's due! I'm sure she looks hot in her armor, regardless. Smile

No new posts 13-04-2013 03:27 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Okay, I am going to admit it .... I am now beginning to get a little excited about this. Now if I were to discover they would release it with English subtitles I might become very excited. Snoopy Dance

I'm joining your club, CD and KT!

TJ ... many thanks for sharing these with us! The costumes look awesome ... I just have to adjust myself to the idea of this innovative look! If the story of the new movie would stick with canon, that would help a lot!

No new posts 13-04-2013 14:08 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

The visors are not birdy enough.

That's the bit that grabs our attention first; our heroes are not conventional superheroes; they are Birdmen.

(and somehow the fact they are incapable of real flight doesn't matter at all...)

No new posts 13-04-2013 17:03 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Tengu
The visors are not birdy enough.

That's the bit that grabs our attention first; our heroes are not conventional superheroes; they are Birdmen.

(and somehow the fact they are incapable of real flight doesn't matter at all...)

I didn't notice the visors, but I did notice the capes look more like capes than wings. If they could do it for Batman in the Dark Knight trilogy, why not for Gatchaman? Maybe they'll look different in flight.

No new posts 13-04-2013 18:04 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

According to James, they're not *supposed* to be 'birdy'. In this universe, they get their powers from 'magic stones' and form a team to fight invading aliens (Galactor).

No new posts 14-04-2013 17:23 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer

They are not the SNT then.

No new posts 14-04-2013 20:16 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Magic stones? I guess I need to see the whole story to make a real decision if its hokey or not. I wonder why they didn't stick to the original idea?

I do like the uniforms so far.

No new posts 08-05-2013 00:16 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

If anyone is going to be in Japan at this time, you can apply to attend the premiere an a fireworks show.

https://ssl.toho-movie.com/senden/gatchaman_fire/pc.php

No new posts 29-07-2013 23:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  5  6  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (6): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  5  6  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: