Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Hello Sweeties
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hello Sweeties
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dragonsbain Dragonsbain is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-04-2011

spacer
Smile Hello Sweeties Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello all,
I hope that everyone and their loved ones have been well. I have a lot of catching up to do. Sorry I've been gone so long.

My coauthor and I have learned a lot. To make a Very long story short. The BBC pulled out of the contract at the last minute. The story became ours again. We have decided to post the script in story form at Fan Fiction. net. They were hiding us and keeping our creation safe during the writing process. Here is the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8202135/1/Consternation

We have been posting the story in bits. Descripting is harder than it looks. I would love everyone to look at it. Please review. That is the only way to grow as a writer.

I owe everyone here 2 stories. The Itsy,bitsy spider piece and the follow up to the Xmas piece. I look forward to catching up with everyone.

Love and Hugs,
Kathy

No new posts 24-07-2012 19:44 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome back Dragonsbain.

What is this story that you have linked to about? I also look forward to reading the other stories you have planned, when you get time to write and post.

Edit: I just looked into it, it appears to be a Doctor Who story. When I get time I will look forward to reading.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 24-07-2012 at 22:14.
No new posts 24-07-2012 22:13 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Glad to hear the update, Dragonsbain! I'm sorry the BBC pulled out, but hopefully you will be able to shop the piece to someone else. Huggles

I'm glad you are well.

No new posts 25-07-2012 15:25 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That stinks that they pulled out. Dragonsbain. Just keep trying!

No new posts 25-07-2012 21:02 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks Everyone. All was not lost though. Danika and I have till October to think of a good original script. That is what they want. So that is what they shall hopefully get. We are taking a breather now. Just posting the story. The entire story. The way we wanted it.

Being fair, it would have taken, at least, 3 episodes to do this story correctly.
When I saw Neil Gaiman explaining what they cut out of his episode "The Doctor's Wife" I thought he was kidding. He was truely being nice.

Now we must just practice our writing skills. Hone the craft. Etc. So I really want tough reviewing out of everyone here. Tough love will go a long way.

Love and hugs,
Kathy

No new posts 26-07-2012 04:46 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

How very exciting that you got so close, and that's great that you still have a chance with an original script! I think I'm the one person on the planet who isn't particularly familiar with Dr. Who, but I'm pretty good at giving feedback. Smile

No new posts 26-07-2012 04:55 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
I think I'm the one person on the planet who isn't particularly familiar with Dr. Who, but I'm pretty good at giving feedback. Smile

No, you aren't. Everything I know about Dr. Who can be counted on one hand, and that includes that an ex-boyfriend of one of my cousins used to own one version of it on those big, LP sized laser discs from the 1980's.

DB, sorry to hear that this fell through, but glad that you still have a chance. Fingers are crossed for you.

No new posts 26-07-2012 06:00 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Great to see you here again, Dragonsbain! So sorry about the BBC, but at least your story is all yours and Danika's now, and just the way you want it. From what bits I know about the Doctor and River Song, it's a heartbreaking but beautiful situation, with them both being time travellers.

No new posts 28-07-2012 17:07 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks Everybody. Doctor Who is a huge thing to get into. It will be 50 years old November 2013. The biggest thing I've learned is that holding back doesn't work when writing.

Example: Chapter 3, Wandering Blind, I majorly rewrote 5 times. I knew I had it right when I was sobbing all over my iPad at the end of the last rewrite. The characters seem to be served better when my soul and my brain worked together, equally.

Thanks for everything. bigsmooch

No new posts 05-08-2012 06:13 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: