Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Greetings
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Greetings
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Greetings Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As usual I posted in a thread before posting an introduction, so I thought I should come here and do an intro too. Smile I remember hurrying home from the school bus every weekday to catch Battle of the Planets in elementary school. I also remember being frustrated because the show seemed to tell a larger story and I never caught the end.

Still, Ken in particular has lived in my head ever since, poor guy. Except I didn't know he was Ken until I went to university and discovered that Battle of the Planets wasn't the original. Life suddenly made sense! I managed to get some tapes (yes, VHS tapes, I'm aging myself here) with key subtitled episodes in a tape trade and was gobsmacked at how much character development and whatnot had been edited out.

During university I belonged to the Bird Scramble APA for a bit (an APA was a fanzine where you wrote your bit each $timeperiod and sent in copies, the editor of the zine collated so everyone got a copy, and then sent them back out). I really need to look and see if I still have my copies. I hope so, I don't have electronic copies of the things I wrote for that.

Anyway, I'm sleepy and my mind is wandering. My Gatchaman obsession has somewhat ebbed and flowed over the years but is always there under the surface. I have some merchandise like a 2 volume set of manga, an animation cell of Ken in his plane (just his face and hands, it's kind of funny), and a little Gatchaman pin. I also have a model of the original God Phoenix.

I had always heard that there were 2 more Gatchaman series and they weren't worth watching, so I wasn't in a rush. Recently I got in a Gatchaman mood, and ended up watching all 3 series back to back in my usual "go big or go home" fashion. I'd never seen all of the first anyway, just the select episodes. I have to say that I found GII and GF better than I'd expected, not that they didn't have their (sometimes sizeable) flaws. GF in particular owes me a new box of kleenex from leaky eyes.

Um, what else. I'm a yaoi fan, and had already discovered BirdGo before coming here. Smile (Ladies, you didn't finish your stories!) I write original fiction these days though I'm toying with the idea of finishing a fanfic I never finished way back when for the APA. From the kleenex comment I'm obviously a huge sap.

I'm also easily distracted by small shiny objects. Squirrel!

Anyway, hello Gatchamaniacs. I salute you. Smile

No new posts 18-01-2012 10:50 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Animehello and welcome

good to see you here Chris, I hope you'll join in and have fun with the rest of us, we're a friendly bunch!

No new posts 18-01-2012 12:33 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

iagree Welcome to the boards!

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 18-01-2012 12:52 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Welcome Chris.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could do an easy transfer of your BOTP stories to electronic files. It would make it so much easier to locate things.

No new posts 18-01-2012 13:45 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

welcome

Nice to have you here Chris!

No new posts 18-01-2012 14:27 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Welcome, Chris, great to see you! Birdscramble is still around as a paper APA,. and many of us here are members. Boeke is the OE and she's here as well.

You're certainly not alone in your memories of rushing home from school to watch BOTP! I fit into that category myself.

No new posts 18-01-2012 16:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Welcome, Chris! Wave2

I didn't have to rush home -BOTP was on at 5pm in Nova Scotia- but I sure watched it every chance I got!

No new posts 18-01-2012 17:29 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Welcome, Chris.

I didn't take the bus, but I did quick four block sprint when school started in September (Damn, that ages us almost as much as video tapes does, doesn't it.)

No new posts 18-01-2012 18:49 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Hello, hello! I think my local TV station had a psychic link with me -- it showed BotP a half-hour after I got home from school, even when the school changed its dismissal time!

Anyway, I'm glad you've joined the group, and I hope we can see some of your work soon! Roll

No new posts 18-01-2012 19:02 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Welcome, Chris! Several of us are still members of Bird Scramble- we'd love to have you back!
I think you share the same story as many of us- I was right in front of the TV at 4:00- and I DIED if I had to miss my BOTP!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 18-01-2012 21:32 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Hi Chris!

Nice to see you in the fandom again.

I am one of the rare ones that does not recall running home from school to view Battle of the Planets - I caught it after work. Smile At least until I went to Arizona for graduate work... then it was bike home ASAP to get to see today's offering. I made certain to schedule my classes whenever possible to permit my viewing/inspiration.

Glad to have you here!

No new posts 18-01-2012 22:15 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
Welcome Chris.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could do an easy transfer of your BOTP stories to electronic files. It would make it so much easier to locate things.

Indeed! I'm not sure if it's easier to scan them in and do an OCR to pick up the text, or just re-type them since I'd probably do heavy edits anyway. First step though is finding them. I've found a printout of part of the story I didn't finish, but I know I got farther than those pages.

No new posts 18-01-2012 23:12 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Welcome, Chris, great to see you! Birdscramble is still around as a paper APA,. and many of us here are members. Boeke is the OE and she's here as well.

You're certainly not alone in your memories of rushing home from school to watch BOTP! I fit into that category myself.

Now I know for sure I've found a group of people as insane as me. How awesome. Smile Will talk to her. Smile

No new posts 18-01-2012 23:20 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

Squirrels and shiny objects Biglaugh3
Yah!
Welcome to the world of like minded people!

When you find some of your stories let us know, I for one am looking forward to more reading.

As for BirdGo - I too was looking forward to finding out what happened in the stories they did not finish.

No new posts 18-01-2012 23:46 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I braved the garage of doom and found my Bird Scrambles! Score one for being a packrat. Plus I found a Gatchaman t-shirt I forgot I owned. Smile

No new posts 19-01-2012 01:05 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Ooooh, lucky you.

A Gatchaman T-shirt !!

No new posts 19-01-2012 01:12 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Look who's become the star of the group! Broadway

No new posts 19-01-2012 01:37 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I think we need a picture of this t-shirt...

No new posts 19-01-2012 01:51 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'll try to snap one soon. Smile It's not an official old one I don't think, but it's nicely done. From back when I used to go to anime cons with friends.

No new posts 19-01-2012 01:52 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Welcome Chris...and hey, don't feel bad. I posted a whole fricken story before I introduced myself...and even then someone else did it for me...

Hee.

No new posts 19-01-2012 02:39 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): [1]  2  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: