Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Greetings
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Greetings
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome Chris - or rather, welcome back!!

And no - you aren't dating yourself, merely confirming that you weren't alone and that you have found (as has been said) like minded people.

I have to applaud you for braving the Garage of Doom and emerging not only alive but triumphant!

I think that for many of us who were teenage, BotP re-defined the "cartoons are for kids" thing - and for me at least - evoked a curiosity into this type of animation.

To age myself - when I discovered what is now Anime, it was called "Japanimation"

I am going to say here that whilst I enjoy Gatchaman, my first love is and remains BotP.

Anyway - Welcome! I look forward to seeing your fic offerings!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 19-01-2012 09:18 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

A warm welcome Chris! I'm so glad you found us, and also your never-ending love for the series! Like you, mine was dormant for some period, but it was always there! ... it revamped itself after a long period of time and I was so fortunate, and even surprised, to find other people like me, sharing this same fandom, from all over the world, especially when joining this site!

I was also a fortunate child, back in the past, to have been able to watch all the original Gatchaman episodes at the most suitable time for me ... that is when I'd have been back home from school and would have finished all my homework! Plus, I didn't have to wait for a whole week to pass from one episode to another ... they aired them daily on Italian channels!

Kudos for finding your t-shirt! ... pictures please!!

No new posts 19-01-2012 09:55 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

Hi Chris! Nice to meet you and hope to see you around!

welcome

No new posts 19-01-2012 14:28 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by k2p2
Welcome Chris...and hey, don't feel bad. I posted a whole fricken story before I introduced myself...and even then someone else did it for me...

Oh I don't feel bad, really, just rolling my eyes at myself. Smile And I'm trying my hand at a fic since I seem to be stuck on my novel anyway. Maybe it'll shake some cobwebs loose. Smile

No new posts 21-01-2012 04:30 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
And no - you aren't dating yourself, merely confirming that you weren't alone and that you have found (as has been said) like minded people.

It is a nice feeling. Smile

quote:

I have to applaud you for braving the Garage of Doom and emerging not only alive but triumphant!

It took some convincing. My husband even helped, maybe he was curious about what I might find along the way. Smile

quote:

I think that for many of us who were teenage, BotP re-defined the "cartoons are for kids" thing - and for me at least - evoked a curiosity into this type of animation.

Definitely!

quote:

To age myself - when I discovered what is now Anime, it was called "Japanimation"

Ditto. I didn't even know that BOTP and many other shows were hacked up translations until I went to university and started hanging out with an anime-minded crowd. That's how I discovered Gatchaman in the first place!

quote:

I am going to say here that whilst I enjoy Gatchaman, my first love is and remains BotP.

It's funny, I would have thought I'd be the same. However, I'm really drawn to darker stories, and have really fallen in love with the darkness and depth in Gatchaman.

No new posts 21-01-2012 04:35 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I've tried attaching an image but it doesn't seem to show up. I'm going to give it one more shot and if it doesn't work, then I'm going to leave it as is and someone will have to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Smile

This post has been edited 5 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 21-01-2012 at 04:57.
No new posts 21-01-2012 04:47 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Chris, I think this site's attachment function is still not working! Try uploading your picture in Photobucket first ... it's the most common way that usually works!

No new posts 21-01-2012 10:27 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Marie is right, the attachments aren't working. If you want to put up an image, host it in a Phototbucket account and then use the [IMG] tages to post it here.

No new posts 21-01-2012 16:07 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Here we go. This shirt is still a bright white, it looks like it has dark areas because I draped it over my monitor to bring out the art. Smile

No new posts 21-01-2012 22:09 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

OH wow, that's neat

No new posts 21-01-2012 22:20 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

That's a great shirt with some nice shots! thumbsup2

No new posts 21-01-2012 22:47 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

No Condor though

No new posts 21-01-2012 22:54 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by KT1972
No Condor though

That is a good point. I wonder if it was an early Gatchaman II thing.

No new posts 21-01-2012 23:27 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

so why two Eagles?

No new posts 21-01-2012 23:30 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by KT1972
so why two Eagles?

Hey, I didn't make the shirt, I just bought it. Smile And being Ken obsessed, two Eagles was fine with me, hehe. Though I have to say I'm not crazy about the shot they chose for his profile.

It's definitely lacking something without Joe.

No new posts 21-01-2012 23:47 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

and it's something you'll treasure forever! Big Grin

No new posts 22-01-2012 02:29 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I love that shirt Chris.
It looks like some one Drew the large Eagle and then used a screen shot for the other image.

No new posts 22-01-2012 02:48 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
I love that shirt Chris.
It looks like some one Drew the large Eagle and then used a screen shot for the other image.

That's very possible. Smile

No new posts 22-01-2012 03:27 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Cool shirt! Yup, and definitely ideal for Eagle fans.

Looks like it could have been based on the image of the Team seeing Getz in his Condor birdstyle in the first episode of Gatch II

No new posts 22-01-2012 04:57 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Looks like it could have been based on the image of the Team seeing Getz in his Condor birdstyle in the first episode of Gatch II

Sure does!

No new posts 22-01-2012 05:15 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: