Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[The Latest News] »Announcements! » An Update on Imaqtz from her Daughter
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page An Update on Imaqtz from her Daughter
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Berg Katse Berg Katse is a Female
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2001

spacer
An Update on Imaqtz from her Daughter Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I just received this update from Imaqtz's daughter.

For those who do not know Imaqtz, she was around when the site first opened and was an avid poster, roleplayer, fic reader and writer, and huge Condor fan.

Hi Katse,

I'm sending you this message about a month or two late, and apologizing for not having gotten back to you sooner with information about my mum Tina.

Fact is, I've been struggling to find the right way to sum up all of the life changing events that have taken place over the last two years and in turn changed my mother permanently from the woman you all knew to the woman she is now.

Mum suffered a severe sub-arachnoid brain hemorrhage in 2008, followed by anywhere between 6-9 strokes in the weeks after her initial brain surgery. Amazingly however, she survived all of this and now resides at St Basil's nursing home in Lakemba, Sydney. She will never be able to walk again, and the doctors also said we'd have little luck with her speech, but she continues to surprise her speech pathologists everyday with her incredible progress. Despite these two vital qualities, she is FULLY RESPONSIVE, AWARE and most importantly has retained her sense of humour and enigmatic personality. She can also read so feel free to send letters!!

Mum would talk constantly about all of her Gatch friends back in the day and I knew how much you all meant to her (especially during such trying times of her life). I loved reading (and re-reading!) some of her old fanfic and the gifts we'd receive from her friends were amazing (i'll never forget the drawing we were sent from Eva - stunning!).

I hope you can accept my apology and understand why it's been difficult to explain without much painful thought. I also work three jobs now, so I barely get time to do much but sleep, eat and pay rent (ha!).

Feel free to contact me about further information, and please pass on the message (possibly in a post?) so that all of her other friends understand why she's been missing in action for so long.

My email is ezancan@ymail.com - you're all welcome to email. And I check my email more regularly Smile

Era Zancanaro
(Mini-Immi)

I urge all Gatchamaniacs, new and old, to write this amazing woman and Gatch fan--let's make sure she has so much mail to read they have to deliver it in canvas bags!

Katse

No new posts 06-12-2010 02:01 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Only a couple of weeks ago, SJ and I were wondering what had happened to Imi!!

Sounds like she's had a dreadful time - but it's great to hear that she's bouncing back.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 06-12-2010 02:04 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Garnet Garnet is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-03-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wow, what an amazing and strong woman to survive and recover as much as she has. She sounds like a very special person. I wish she and her family all the best in the days to come.

No new posts 06-12-2010 02:18 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

OMG! I'll definitely send something! Do we have her address?

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 06-12-2010 02:19 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer

My best wishes to Imaqtz, and I'm glad to hear she's doing so well!

Era Zancanaro, it can be so hard to be where you are. My best wishes are with you too, and I'm glad your mother has someone like you to care for her. And please, don't forget to take care of yourself!

:hugs:

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by condorcandi on 06-12-2010 at 02:22.
Reason: added something
No new posts 06-12-2010 02:21 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I'm so sorry to hear about this, but glad to know that Imi's wonderful personality and strong spirit have survived. Lots of love to you, Imi! Huggles

No new posts 06-12-2010 02:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I am sorry to hear this news. I know through the years I have wondered where Imi got to. She was the first person I conversed with when I joined the board.

I am glad to hear even after all these horrid events her fun personality and strong spirit remain intact.

No new posts 06-12-2010 02:30 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Her daughter's email is in the message--I'd recommend emailing her and getting a mailing address--I completely forgot to ask! *slaps forehead* I was so shocked by the news it slipped my mind. Whoever receives it first, let the others know--Imi needs us and I, for one, am not going to let her down!

Katse

No new posts 06-12-2010 02:32 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Oh my!! My poor IMI .. but what a survivor!!

I will, for sure, write a message to my crazy little Condor Gal!! Thank you so much for sharing this ... I wonder if buffy and Yuki know?! I'll direct them here ...

Wow... I was only reading through some of her wild little PMs to me on Friday and wondering where my Imi was...

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 06-12-2010 03:23 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

Buffy and Yuki are both on Facebook - we can copy and paste the message in a message to them as well.

Berg - I'll recommend them both to you as friends.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 06-12-2010 04:11 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That would be wonderful. The more the merrier--there is a lot of healing in the power of love. Smile

Katse

No new posts 06-12-2010 05:03 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Crying6 My poor Imi! Thank you for the update Cass, I just cannot believe it! And Era is such a brave soul, I feel I must do something!

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 06-12-2010 11:19 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Imaqtz's time here predates me but I've long been aware of her reputation as a uniquely charismatic and creative person and her legacy that lives on here in her many posts. This is very sad news but also inspiring as she is clearly a Condor through-and-through in the face of adversity.

My best wishes to Imi and to her daughter.

No new posts 06-12-2010 11:34 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Yuki Yuki is a Female
Honoured Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-08-2001

spacer

Thanks, Maddy. Got the sad news, still trying to make peace with it.

And thanks Katse for posting it so that we know. Our prayers and best wishes are with her and her family.

Folks. Imi love reading our fanfics, Mini-Imi said Imi is now living in St. Basil's Nursing Home. If we can confirm the addy there with Mini-Imi, maybe you can all send her some fanfics so that she can read them?

Anyhow, gotta go now. TC every1...

Yuki

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Yuki on 06-12-2010 at 15:23.
No new posts 06-12-2010 15:22 Yuki is offline Send an Email to Yuki Homepage of Yuki Search for Posts by Yuki Add Yuki to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: n/a YIM Screenname: n/a
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I too have never had the pleasure to converse personally with such a strong woman, both in body, soul, and character. Right now, I'm feeling so fortunate to come to know her story through her likewise strong and loving daughter. I wish them both all the best life can offer. Love isn't missing for sure, as it's clear how such a sentiment has given them both the strength to keep on going, even through the toughest of adversities. Huggles

No new posts 06-12-2010 15:32 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

What an awful thing to have happened to her, and her family. Imi is an unforgettable person, who contributed hugely to the open and encouraging atmosphere of this forum. I'm not sure I've ever met anyone so focussed on making everyone else feel so confident in themselves, she has such warmth and generosity of spirit.

Anyway, I think this link is to the nursing home. I imagine there's more to the address than this.
http://www.stbasilshomes.org.au/residential/index.php

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 06-12-2010 18:05 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

I believe this is the address

130 Croydon Street
Lakemba NSW 2195, Australia

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 06-12-2010 18:08 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Imi was very active here when I first joined, I think we wondered for ages why she disappeared...

Thank you for letting us all know what happened to Imi, how aweful to have gone through all that in the last 2yrs. I can understand why her daughter couldn't say anything sooner, her mum comes first.

She has an amazing fighting spirit...

Edit; Lakemba is in Sydney.... about 45mins drive from me.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 07-12-2010 at 04:30.
No new posts 07-12-2010 04:26 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Thank you Katse for giving us the information. I had wondered why she had disappeared.

After the initial pounce by her, she was a wonderful person to converse with here... will get something to her soon. Please let us know when her address has been confirmed.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 10-12-2010 09:05 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

I e-mailed her daughter but have not heard back.

No new posts 10-12-2010 11:58 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: