Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Favorite Galactor Mecha
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Favorite Galactor Mecha
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Favorite Galactor Mecha Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

And on to our next favorite. Do you have a favorite Galactor mecha? I would have to say that I love the Murder Music mecha. It was so great to see those pipe-organ parts on it! And the episode was hysterical!

No new posts 10-09-2010 17:07 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I like that one. It actually leans so far into cheesy and uncool that it goes all the way round and becomes good.

No new posts 10-09-2010 18:28 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
PalyNerd PalyNerd is a Female

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-07-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My sons would make me say the one from Peril of the Preying mantis... gotta love those little planes which keep running out of fuel!

No new posts 10-09-2010 22:42 PalyNerd is offline Send an Email to PalyNerd Search for Posts by PalyNerd Add PalyNerd to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I like the Devil Star or the jellyfishes that seperated and combined in episode 67.

No new posts 10-09-2010 22:51 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
nuni nuni is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-09-2009

spacer

The neon giant. For some reason, it's the only mecha I can remember vividly as a kid watching BotP. It must have made an impression on me. Or maybe it was the creepy flute music that controlled it.

Alternately, I also like Matangar. I liked that Joe could destroy it with one awesome shot. Nice! thumbsup2

No new posts 11-09-2010 02:50 nuni is offline Send an Email to nuni Search for Posts by nuni Add nuni to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Such a difficult choice! Every mecha had its own story!

I have to say that a mecha, which has left a big impression on me, belongs ... again ... to Gatch F! The one in the first two episodes, in fact! I know ... I'm quite the geek of this series! Silly

Perhaps it's the fact that it was the first mecha created by Sosai Z, and that, from the very start, it was the first of the many lethal mechas, which followed, putting the SNT in great difficulty, and almost defeating them by its first attack! Perhaps, it's the one that opened the show for me!! Or, perhaps, it's because it was the imposing item which marked the end of the first episode, and the one which started the second one.

BTW, I don't know if I'm in the right line of thinking, but, I also quite find that its enormous head resembled, in a way or another, Darth Vader’s (from Starwars) mask, one major difference being that it was white instead of black!

No new posts 11-09-2010 10:54 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL, Marie! I never thought of that head being like Darth Vader! Huh... that's too funny!

And you've got to give cheers for something that can destroy the awful Gatcharooster!

No new posts 11-09-2010 14:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by nuni
The neon giant. For some reason, it's the only mecha I can remember vividly as a kid watching BotP. It must have made an impression on me.

I think the mechas that have somewhat "human" shapes are often the most disturbing (or ludicrous!).

The mummy from ep. 3 is disturbing (would have frightened me as a little kid!)

But I have to laugh at ep.25's giant lava Jesus.

Or the giant killer Buddha.

I also like the scorpion that goes to the moon, eats rocks and then... expels them in the direction of Earth as meteors -that's creative! No surprise it's in ep. 9, the same ep that brought us Captain Plungerhead.

But I also like the cockroach mecha from ep. 12, Ibukron, only because of all the craziness that ensues when Ken, Joe and Ryu infiltrate it and nearly get ground up, flattened, boiled, centrifuged etc.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 11-09-2010 at 15:02.
No new posts 11-09-2010 15:01 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
And you've got to give cheers for something that can destroy the awful Gatcharooster!

That's it! ... that would well be the main reason, which I have, so stupidly, forgotten to mention, why I had to choose that mecha! Doh2 I knew the idea was somewhere in my mind! High five, TJ!

No new posts 11-09-2010 18:14 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Mad Katharine Mad Katharine is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-04-2010

spacer

There's a special place in my heart for the "Super BEM Synthetic Iron Beast" zombie monstermech in ep. #65. Galactor uses a dead guy's brain to animate a standard 30-meter bipedal mech, an idea that comes right out of a Roger Corman script and is pulled off by recently-hired Miskatonic University graduates. The end result is a towering Frankenstein "bug-eyed monster" (hence its name- get it?) mech dripping green goo and grossing everyone out everywhere it goes. The mech ends up being roasted in mid-air by the Hi no Tori, leading to the creation of the world's largest Superfund cleanup site at its point of impact. For sheer ugliness and probable post-incident repercussions, Super BEM gets my vote. Devil2

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mad Katharine on 12-09-2010 at 21:22.
No new posts 12-09-2010 21:20 Mad Katharine is offline Send an Email to Mad Katharine Search for Posts by Mad Katharine Add Mad Katharine to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Good choice -that BEM was definitely a unique (and disturbing) mecha!

Lucky Science Ninjas though -they never seem to have to do the post-mission clean ups. They get to fly off into the sunset...

No new posts 14-09-2010 04:21 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Now there's a business opportunity - cleaning up after Galactor attacks. Get some construction, waste-disposal, and other sorts of contractors together into an organization to help sort things out after the battle is over. They could branch out into reconstruction work after natural disasters, as well.

No new posts 14-09-2010 16:06 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I suspect ISO would already have the clean up covered since they would want to examine the mecha remains and analyze them.

At least I would want to, to see what changes and adaptations were made so I could have my troops (the team) make changes to their techniques as well.

No new posts 14-09-2010 16:26 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Maybe Galactor both makes the mecha and owns the cleanup company. That way they can recoup their losses.... Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 14-09-2010 at 20:16.
No new posts 14-09-2010 20:15 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

That is a good thought as well TJ. That way Galactor could also guarantee that ISO could not get their hands on any of their technology to analyze it.

Now I see a battle between the ISO clean up crews and the Galactor ones each racing to be the first to get to the damage site where the Mecha went down.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 14-09-2010 at 21:11.
No new posts 14-09-2010 21:09 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I think it's just the goofy name, but 'Thundersaurus' appeals to me. You do realize that the name is just 'Thunder Lizard.' Which, in full Greek, is Brontosaurus. I wonder if ADV intended this joke.

Besides, it's called 'Thundersaurus' and looks rather like a lamprey.

(Just how plausible is the weapon in that mecha, anyway?)

No new posts 15-09-2010 22:02 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer

No favorite as such, but Super BEM Synthetic Iron Beast was the most memorable for me. Those tentacles, and the fact that the 'head' was originally organic (mutant or alien). Very unusual, and very freaky. (So that would make the eventual result some sort of... cyborg, I think?)

The episode is also memorable that the higher-ups knew Galactor/Spectra was after the 'body', and that for once they had a bloody big creature-mech to come get it. But the team are inside the building, instead of outside waiting to shoot the 'head' down!

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 17-09-2010 00:03 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer

The scorpion mecha was pretty cool, but I like the cobra snake mecha on episode 101 It look like a James bond episode!! 

No new posts 18-09-2010 22:27 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer

I forgot!!!....the speaker mecha! with the demon 5
That one was awesome! they should remak that episode with Metallica music! hahhahahah! 

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ladygalactor777 on 18-09-2010 at 22:32.
No new posts 18-09-2010 22:32 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

It's been a while since this thread was done, so I thought I'd bring it back up.

I always loved the Neon Giant, but often wondered how, with it being so brightly lit up, someone hadn't noticed it and gotten pictures.

No new posts 26-08-2016 17:32 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: