Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 89 – Lay a Trap in the Crescent Base!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 89 – Lay a Trap in the Crescent Base!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Gatchaman Episode 89 – Lay a Trap in the Crescent Base! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Gatchaman Episode 89 – Lay a Trap in the Crescent Base!

We open with the sound of jolly music, as we see the G-4 on a small island, acting as a substitute bulldozer.

Jinpei appears to be very determined with this project… whatever it is.

He continues to push rocks off of the island and into the water. It looks like he is smoothing the surface of the land. The sun beats down, and Jinpei wipes the sweat from his face.

I guess even Birdstyle gets hot!

A familiar ship appears on the horizon and comes closer.

Inside, Ryu is surprised to see what Jinpei is doing.

“Jinpei, what are you doing down there?” Ryu asks, in a friendly way.

“Shove off and leave me alone!” Jinpei retorts, much to Ryu’s surprise. “I’m busy!”

“You’re busy?” Ryu is taken aback. “You have a secret mission or something, sunshine?”

But Jinpei refuses to answer. So Ryu lands the God Phoenix on the island, then jumps out to meet him. Of course, Ryu has to land on his butt.

“Come on, Jinpei!” Ryu wheedles. “Let me in on it! I’d be willing to give you a hand!”

“Can’t you tell by looking?” Jinpei asks indignantly, shoving his plans into Ryu’s face.

And here are Jinpei’s plans.

“What’s this?” Ryu asks, examining the plans. “Let’s see. This is a map here… well… according to this… huh? I don’t get it.”

“There’s nothing here but a coral reef in the shape of a big croissant, or something.” Ryu says to himself. “What the cheese is up?”

“You’re so dense sometimes!” Jinpei says angrily, yanking the plans away. “Galactor has finally started to target the Crescent Base. So I’m making a Crescent Base! A fake one, as a decoy!”

“What’s that? A decoy Crescent Base?” Ryu asks, before Jinpei shushes him.

“Shhh! I’m going to trap Galactor with this plan!” Jinpei reveals. “Definitely going to work! What do you think, Ryu? Isn’t it a good idea? Aren’t you going to tell me I’m a genius?”

But Ryu has a different reaction.

Jinpei looks on in disgust as Ryu continues to laugh.

In fact, Ryu laugh so much he leans against a nearby tree… which turns out to be fake!

“Huh?” he says, examining the broken ‘tree’. “Sorry about that.” Then he continues to laugh.

“Bastard!” Jinpei grumbles.

“As if anybody would be fooled by something this cheap!” Ryu cackles, pounding his fist on the ground. “Jinpei, you’re the only one on the Science Ninja Team who’d do something this ridiculous!”

Needless to say, Jinpei isn’t too pleased by this response.

He picks up a board and whacks Ryu on the head with it.

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that this particular shot didn’t make it into BOTP? Wink

“Watch out, Ryu!” Jinpei shouts. “Go home!” He continues whacking Ryu on the butt as Ryu crawls back to the God Phoenix.

“Prepare for your victory!” Ryu laughs. “And your little wargame, Commander Jinpei!”

Jinpei takes one last swing, but falls down. He throws a rock at the God Phoenix as Ryu leaves.

“Jerk!”

The rock makes a cheapy clunking sound as it hits. This always has me :haha: ! It makes the God Phoenix seem like a cheap toy!

“It was quite natural for Ryu the Owl to laugh.” the narrator explains, as the God Phoenix takes off. “He knew Galactor was well aware that the real Crescent Base was a large underwater ship, and therefore a mobile base. The fake Crescent Base that Jinpei built was merely a coral reef.” So just to get this straight, Jinpei is destroying a coral reef, causing untold environmental damage, as part of his secret plan. Got it.

“Obviously it couldn’t move even a single centimeter.” the narrator goes on, as we see a picture of the Fish Parade at this fake base. “To Ryu, Jinpei’s trap only looked like a child’s game.”

Compare it to the real base.

Meanwhile, inside the real Crescent Base, Dr. Nambu is working on some massive computers. He Team (minus Jinpei) enters the room.

“Doctor, we’re done patrolling the base. Nothing to report.” Ken says.

“Good work. Please go on standby.” Nambu replies.

“Right on.” Ken acknowledges.

“Hey, Doctor, Jinpei’s started working on something pretty funny.” Ryu says.

“What’s he up to this time?” Jun sighs.

“Apparently he’s going to build a fake Crescent Base and play at being a soldier!” Ryu laughs. “He’s really fired up about it!”

“That sounds like a Jinpei idea all right.” Ken smirks.

“I don’t think it’s a laughing matter!” Jun huffs. “Someone ought to go on out there and stop him!”

“No.” Nambu says. Everyone turns in surprise.

“I myself have agreed to his plan.” Nambu reveals. “True, this may be a transparent trick, but it’s plausible that something so deliberately crazy will confound Galactor.”

“You mean to tell me, what Jinpei’s doing is actually part of our next strategy?” Ken is shocked.

“I want you to take a look at this.” Nambu says, pulling a nearby metal hose into a tank of water. He turns on the hose, and a red substance spews out.

“The seemingly unremarkable red liquid you see floating in this tank gets its color from very special ions that are tinted with a very specific hue.” Nambu lectures. “Any metal that comes into contact with this red liquid will be permanently bonded with the ions… to be detected by a special radar I’ve built. A metal object that has been dyed in this red liquid cannot possibly escape this radar.” And as he is explaining this, we see how a metal rod dipped into the tank of red liquid is being tracked by the radar.

“So you’re thinking of dispersing that red liquid over Galactor’s mecha!” Jun deduces. “What a great idea!

“It’s much easier to take down your enemy if you know his exact movements.” Joe agrees.

“So then, he’s making the fake Crescent Base to basically bait the trap for Ratface?” Ryu asks.

“With this technology, we can chase a Galactor mecha straight back to its Headquarters!” Ken says. “Right, Doctor?”

“Precisely, Ken.” Nambu answers. “Jinpei has already begun preparations to try and lure Galactor out.”

“You sure we can lure Galactor with that?” Ryu is doubtful.

“This is Operation: Fake Crescent Base.” Nambu replies. “I’d like you to put all your efforts into making it succeed.”

“Roger!”

We cut to a different base, where we see a goon with a goatee running through a hallway, a rolled paper in his hand. In fact, his goatee is so long and pointy, it looks like a pencil tip.

“Lord Katse!” the goon gasps, entering a room where his Leader is standing.

“What do you want, Porkmeyer?” Kaste sighs.

“Ah… I’ve established the location of the Crescent Coral Base!” Porkmeyer reports. Katse is immediately interested.

“Is it true? Have you really?” he gasps.

“Yes! Will you please take a look at this?” Porkmeyer replies. He is stuttering ever so slightly, and sounds a bit like Porky Pig. I’m going to assume this is an inside joke from ADV.

No new posts 16-08-2010 04:08 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

“This is an aerial photograph taken by Galactor’s greatest spy sattelite.” Porkmeyer shows his rolled paper to Katse and another nearby goon. “Feast your eyes on this!”

“So this is the famous Crescent Coral Base.” Katse smirks.

“Sire, this clear photo makes it perfectly plain. We’ve got them!” Porkmeyer announces proudly.

“Excellent job, Spy Satellite Captain!” Katse replies. “I hereby promote you to Commander of… one of our smaller secret bases.”

“Thank you for the great honor, Sire!” Porkmeyer replies.

“Go for the gusto, Porkmeyer!” Katse laughs.

However, the other goon in the room isn’t so pleased. You can tell by his red gloves that he holds some kind of special rank, too. Either that, or he’s been playing about with Dr. Nambu’s red liquid ahead of schedule.

“Wait a minute, Lord Katse!” he calls.

“Now what?” Katse snarls.

“I don’t believe that’s the base, there.” Disgruntled Goon replies.

“What’s that, Patrol Captain?” Katse asks. “And why not?”

“I’m very sure there was nothing in the area but a tiny coral reef!” the Patrol Captain explains. “My patrol guys have confirmed it!”

But Porkmeyer doesn’t like this information.

Porkmeyer and the Patrol Captain start arguing over each other (I had a difficult time making out any words) but it seems clear that Porkmeyer wants to keep his promotion. The two continue to argue and tussle.

“Are either of you morons telling the truth?” Katse growls.

“Yeah, I’m the one telling the truth!” both goons answer simultaneously. “Shut up!”

A small panel pops up from the table, and a voice comes out of it.

“Urgent information! Our signal core has picked up an unknown signal. It’s coming from a point right on the Equator, at 170 degrees east longitude.”

“That’s here!” Katse cries, looking at the satellite photo.

“Score!” Porkmeyer is jubilant. The Patrol Captain is dejected.

Of course, neither of them have pointed out that since the Crescent Base is mobile, they could both be right.

“All right! All secret bases, mobilize your underwater tank corps on the double and surround the Crescent Coral Base!” Katse orders into the panel. “Bring them to their knees!”

Now we see a number of underwater mecha launching.

And in that main one that looks like some kind of sea dragon, is Katse.

“Meanwhile,” the narrator comes in, “having completed their preparations for the operation, the Science Ninja Team was patrolling in a circle with a 100 kilometer radius around the fake Crescent Base, in the God Phoenix, in order to seek out Galactor mecha.”

Jun looks very lonely in the back, all by herself today.

We can see that the G-4 is hiding out underwater, near the base of the fake base. Uh… well, you know what I mean…

Jinpei is checking things out through his periscope.

“Damn it!” he cries. “Galactor’s sure taking a long time! They still haven’t noticed it!”

But now we see that a computer in the branches of a fake palm tree (on the fake base) is lighting up.

“Sounds like Jinpei’s started broadcasting the signal again.” Jun says.

“Good for him, keeping at it, not getting sick of it, already.” Ken says.

And speaking of ‘getting sick of it’…

“This is stupid. Galactor ain’t coming!” Ryu moans.

“Why not, Ryu?” Joe asks.

“What makes you so sure?” Jun adds.

“Because that fake Crescent Base is so cheap, it’s ridiculous!” Ryu replies. “Honestly! You couldn’t even fool a first grader with that silly thing! Come on! Ain’t no frigging way Kaste’s going to fall for it!”

“Regardless, we still have to carry out our mission.” Ken says.

“I’m just saying it’s a waste of time, is all.” Ryu lounges in his chair.

“I don’t think Dr. Nambu would have supported the idea if he didn’t think it had a chance of succeeding.” Ken reminds Ryu. “So we’re going to help Jinpei.”

“Okay, I get it. But hey, if Galactor points their fingers and laughs, don’t blame me!”

And sure enough, right now, a Galactor is laughing.

“Lord Katse, that’s supposed to be the famous Crescent Base, over there?” the Patrol Captain chortles. “Anyone can see, it’s nothing but a puny little coral reef!”

“You idiot, it’s Nambu we’re up against!” Katse rants. “Oh, of course he would deceive us by camouflaging the base like this!”

“We were right after all, weren’t we?” Porkmeyer stutters.

“What a bunch of malarkey!” the Patrol Captain disagrees.

“We’ll grind that base into the seabed!” Katse declares.

“Attention all underwater tank corps, prepare the torpedoes!” Katse orders.

Meanwhile, Jinpei is glum.

“I guess Tubbs was right after all.” he moans. “Maybe I underestimated them.” But then his eyes bug out. Fish everywhere are freaking out and swimming madly away! Jinpei looks through his periscope and sees… a mecha!

“It’s Galactor!” he crows.

“Are you kidding me?” Ken is shocked to hear this news.

“Yup, it’s so full of underwater tanks over here that you can hardly see the sea floor!” Jinpei reports. No one else can believe it either.

“And you thought it wouldn’t work! Eat your heart out for laughing at me!” Jinpei taunts, before signing off. Jun and Joe share a smirk.

“Okay, don’t let your guard down.” Ken orders.

“Roger!” Jinpei replies.

“Torpedoes away! Torpedoes away!” Katse orders.

All of the Galactor tanks start shooting torpedoes, much to Jinpei’s horror.

He presses a button, releasing the tanks with the red dye.

The fake Crescent Base is completely destroyed, island included! The G-4 is thrown away by the force of the explosion.

“I did it! I’ve finally destroyed the Crescent Base!” Katse shouts gleefully. “Glory is mine! I’ll be the next Leader… oh yes I will…”

“Katse! Lord Katse!” the goons shout, bringing him out of his reverie. “Torpedoes are incoming!”

And Katse’s reaction is predictable.

Porkmeyer and the Patrol Captain grab on to Katse in fear.

“They’re going to torpedo us!” Porkmeyer stutters.

“Take me with you, Sire!” Patrol Captain begs, literally hanging onto Katse for dear life.

“You’re wrinkling my cape, you know.” Katse growls, doing his best to shake the men off of him. “Let go! Get off! Let go!”

But he can’t leave. The torpedoes get closer.

“Oh, I’m done for!” Katse cowers.

Commercial break! Solid Gold Ken hasn’t been dyed red, but he looks like he’s enjoying himself.

When we return, we see the torpedoes hitting the mecha… but they don’t explode. Instead, they pop open and release the red chemical. You know, just as an aside, it’s pretty sad that I have to call it ‘the red chemical’. You’d think that they could have come up with a name for it like Red Ionade, or Crimsinium. Oh well, perhaps they think of this for BOTP…

Katse is still trembling with fear, waiting for the end… but suddenly he realizes that he’s not dead yet.

“I’m alive! It’s a beautiful day! I’m alive!” he gloats. He steps toward the window.

“The sea is red! What the hell happened out there?”

No new posts 16-08-2010 04:09 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

“Sire, I believe it was probably dyed red as a result of the explosion just now…” Porkmeyer explains.

“The windows are just red, knucklehead!” the Patrol Captain retorts.

“Hey, Lord Katse, the radar’s gone haywire.” A goon at the mecha’s controls reports. “It’s toast.”

“Now what?” Katse is sweating bullets.

We can now see that the entire sea is red around the Galactor mecha.

“We can’t fix it here, so take us topside!” Katse orders. The mecha emerge from the ocean, looking out at the still smoking ‘Crescent Base’.

“What is this nonsense? It’s just a crummy little island!” Katse accuses.

“I can’t believe it! I was sure it was the Crescent Moon Base!” Porkmeyer blubbers. Too bad he doesn’t even know the proper name of the base.

“Did you just say ‘Moon Base’? Come on!” Katse whacks Porkmeyer in the head.

“Ha ha! I told you so!” the Patrol Captain mocks, but Katse punches him out too.

“Fool! Don’t just stand there, laughing at other people’s failures!” Katse lectures. “Start trying to track down the real base yourself!”

“He’s one to talk! I think I broke a molar!” the Patrol Captain complains.

“Man, that kind of trips me out!” Ryu comments in the nearby God Phoenix. “To think Galactor could get taken in by a two-bit trick like that…”

“Well I guess they’re not always as smart as we think, are they?” Ken suggests.

“Out of sight!” Joe says, running up to the infamous red button. “It’s finally our turn for some action!”

“Check it out! Looks like they’re withdrawing!” notes Ryu. Sure enough, the mecha are all leaving.

“God Phoenix, this is G4 Jinpei!” the Swallow reports from his mecha. “I’m going to shadow them in the Helicobuggy!”

Since his radar is picking up the signal from the red chemical, Jinpei can do this.

“Huh, they stopped…” he says, turning on his video monitor. “Whoa! So there’s a hidden Galactor base here! Big Bro, this is G4. The volcanic islands of Bora Bora are an enemy base!”

“Loud and clear, Jinpei.” Ken replies. “We’ll attack it at once. So the plan worked out after all, didn’t it? Ryu, take us there.”

But Ryu doesn’t answer.

“Ryu!”

“Come on, Ryu, don’t take it personally.” Jun says. “Jinpei’s plan was just a lucky hit, that’s all.”

“All right, then.” Ryu mutters. “Let’s go take this base down.”

The God Phoenix plunges into the ocean, near the volcanic islands of Bora Bora.

“Take us on through, Ryu!” Ken orders.

“10-4!” Ryu growls.

Needless to say, the goons in the base are very surprised to see the God Phoenix arrive.

The God Phoenix crashes through the base, destroying everything.

The base explodes, even as Jinpei is relaying the next location.

“The next ones are at Iroira Point and Horahora Bay!” he reports. “The Haroharo Power Plant too!”

“Those guys have been busy!” Ryu moans.

Next thing you know, the G-1 is approaching a lonely-looking lighthouse on a cliff overlooking the ocean…

And it flies off as goons flee its destruction.

Of course, Ken stops to destroy the mecha tanks as well.

Meanwhile the G-2 is attacking what looks like an oil refinery. Joe literally mows down the goons guarding it.

Joe manages to shoot the reactor, and the base explodes as the G-2 drives off.

Of course, Jun doesn’t want to be left out of the fun.

She drives up onto some kind of hydro plant, and pulls out her yo-yo.

The goons inside aren’t too pleased by this.

The ones who survive come out to greet Jun, but she’s ready.

And just as we see the tanks explode, we cut in with stock footage of the G-3 boarding the God Phoenix.

“Well, that was the sixth one!” Jun smirks, as she enters the Bridge.

“Just like bullseyeing rats’ nest back home.” Joe recalls his childhood fondly. I guess Galactor housing wasn’t quite up to health codes…

“But thanks to Jinpei, we’ve been able to cause Galactor more damage than we ever have before.” Ken reminds them. “It’s pretty groovy, huh, Ryu?”

“Yeah, right.” Ryu sighs, still clearly feeling badly about laughing at Jinpei. And speaking of Jinpei…

“Jinpei, where’s the next one?” Ken asks.

“There’s still another really giant one left.” Jinpei replies, looking at his radar screen. “Right now I’m still following it.”

But suddenly, Jinpei gasps and stops short. The mecha is just sitting on the bottom of the ocean! Inside, Katse is speaking with Leader X.

“You imbecile! Why didn’t you report this to me sooner?” X lambasts Katse.

“Sire, sorry, I had no idea that we were all being followed by the Science Ninja Team.” Katse replies meekly.

“They couldn’t possibly have followed you to six different bases at once!” X points out. “Those bases were discovered because your vehicles were dyed red, you idiot!” Katse doesn’t know how to respond to this.

“That red liquid is probably being detected by a special radar!” X deduces. “Katse, set that mecha to self-destruct!”

“Are you sure that’s all right, Sire?” Katse asks. “We would be sacrificing some of our subordinates!” Like Katse has ever given a damn about his subordinates?

“No matter! I’m leaving this to you, so do it right!” X shouts, before disappearing.

“Sire...” Katse opens up a small door with the Galactor devil logo on it, and sets a timer.

“Well, that’s Leader X for you… finding a way to foil the enemy.” Katse laughs weakly.

“Your orders, fearless Leader?” asks the Patrol Captain, coming onscreen, where the image of Leader X so recently disappeared.

“Oh, Patrol Captain!” Katse answers joyfully. “It seems you’re the only one who can get this right. I’ve received information that the God Phoenix has appeared in this area. I’d like you to take this mecha and bring them down once and for all!”

“Certainly! Leave it to me! I won’t fail you!” the Patrol Captain replies.

“Yes, yes! And if you succeed, I will promote you to Patrol Commander!” Katse smirks.

“Oh, outstanding!” Patrol Captain smirks. “Thanks, Sire!”

Katse leaves, sitting down in a chair that them rises up an elevator.

His escape ship departs, but does not go unnoticed.

“Big Bro, small rocket just took off out of their mecha!” Jinpei reports.

“Come again?” Ken asks.

“It’s Katse!” Joe snarls.

“What direction?” Ken wants to know.

“Due east!” Jinpei replies.

“Ken, he must be headed for Easter Island!” Jun says.

“All right, listen, Jinpei.” Ken says. “We’re going to pursue the rocket. You follow that last mecha. You copy that?”

“10-4!” Jinpei agrees.

“Let’s get going.” Ken orders.

“All right!” Ryu acknowledges. And the God Phoenix is off!

On the rocket, Katse is gloating to himself.

“Within ten minutes after firing its torpedoes, that mecha will go up in smoke, right along with Gatchaman!” he laughs.

“Uh... Oh no, they’re following me!” he suddenly realizes. Katse flies over a large city, and the God Phoenix follows. They locate the rocket on the ground on the outskirts.

“We’ll follow Katse in our respective G-Machines!” Ken decides.

“Roger!” Jun and Joe take off.

No new posts 16-08-2010 04:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

When they all arrive at Katse’s rocket, it looks like the G-1 was exposed to the red chemical as well.

“Be extremely careful approaching him, Joe.” Ken warns.

Joe jumps into the air and shoots his cablegun.

He hits Katse with the sharp point.

“I did it! I finally got Katse!” Joe gloats.

“Joe, something’s wrong!” Ken cries frantically.

“What the hell…?” Joe is shocked.

He pulls ‘Katse’ from the cockpit.

A distorted laughter comes from behind Katse’s ‘mask’. The mask falls off, revealing a tape player behind it. Joe’s eyes goggle.

“Run!’ he shouts to the waiting Swan, and they both get in their vehicles and vamoose. Just in time too, because the plane explodes.

“Katse, you rat, you slipped through my fingers again!” Ken yells

But Joe and Jun are safe.

“Everybody’s all focused on Katse, but I wonder if Jinpei’s okay.” Ryu thinks to himself.

We see that Jinpei is approaching the large sea dragon mecha.

“Open the tubes and murder the bum!” Patrol Captain orders.

“Incoming!” Jinpei screams, but he manages to dodge the torpedoes.

Still, they hit nearby rock, and the force of the explosion sends the G-4 tumbling. The window cracks, and water seeps in.

“Big Bro, my Helicobuggy’s been hit! SOS!” Jinpei calls.

“Jinpei, I’m on my way!” Ryu answers. “Hang on ‘till I get there, kid!” I guess, even though Jinpei was addressing Ken, he was broadcasting to all of the Team?

And Ryu is off!

Meanwhile, the G-4 is still under fire from more torpedoes. Jinpei tries to right the Helicobuggy.

He manages to do this, but it seems like he’s in pain.

“Hey, take aim this time!” Patrol Captain exclaims. “Finish the bubble off!” Jinpei notices this well-aimed torpedo coming at him.

He moves the G-4, and just in time, someone arrives to block the torpedo’s blast.

“Jinpei, hook up with me, hurry!” Ryu urges. And it must be a true emergency, because Ryu is bleeding real blood!

“Stop them, they’re getting away!” Patrol Captain orders.

Indeed, Jinpei is already on the God Phoenix Bridge, but he doesn’t seem to like the ship’s angle much.

“Man, Ryu!” he complains.

“Quit acting like a baby! Just shut up and hold on tight!” Ryu shouts, as he gets the heck out of there.

Of course, at this moment, Katse’s bomb explodes, and that’s the end of Patrol Captain.

The God Phoenix shoots into the air. It looks undamaged, but it’s wobbling.

“Thank you for helping, Ryu.” Jinpei says, once it’s clear they’re out of danger.

“They’re self-destructing.” Ryu brushes his gratitude aside. “Those yellow-bellies wanted to blow you up right along with them.”

“That was really too close!” Jinpei says.

“Come on, kid!” Ryu slams Jinpei’s head into the control panel, in a friendly manner, of course. “You saying you couldn’t even see that coming?”

“But you couldn’t figure out the simple strategy either, you know.” Jinpei reminds him.

“I guess we’re even.” Ryu laughs.

Notice how somehow, Ryu managed to bandage his head.

On the way home, Joe takes over Ken’s seat, and Ken sits closer to Jun.

Katse escaped once again, but as long as the Science Ninja Team maintains their firm bonds of friendship, the day will eventually come when they capture their elusive enemy. In the meantime, the Crescent Base warmly welcomes back Gatchaman and the Team, after another mission accomplished.

No new posts 16-08-2010 04:11 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

BOTP Episode 69 – Island of Fear

Although Zark is constantly on the alert ‘down here’ at Center Neptune for any sign of alien invaders from outer space, he does get a second, now and then, to relax.

And to prove this to us, we see Zark… reading a book.

“It gives me a chance to read this fine new book.” Zark explains. “The Care and Maintenance of Your Pet Robot Dog.”

1-Rover-1 looks like he needs some maintenance.

“Wap, wap, wap, wap!” Rover yips.

“Yes, 1-Rover-1, it’s full of good ideas on how to make you a happy, well-programmed companion, free from costly breakdowns and returns to the factory.” Zark replies.

Rover yaps.

“For instance, it says that if your tail fails to properly receive interstellar radio signals, I should first unscrew your nose, remove your ears, and…”

1-Rover-1 doesn’t much like the sound of this.

“Now, don’t be afraid.” Zark chides. “It’s good advice! The writer of this book is a robot himself!” Like that’s any recommendation. I sure wouldn’t trust any book written by Zark!

A pulsing sound comes from the computer monitors. But Zark seems to ignore it. Rover yaps.

“What’s that?” Zark asks. “There’s a strange signal pattern on my monitor? Thank you, 1-Rover-1. Your tail is working fine!”

And let’s all check out that strange signal.

“It seems to be some kind of a disturbance on nearby Witch’s Island!” Zark exclaims. “What could possibly be brewing there?” Ouch…

Now we cut to a jolly marching tune as we see the Space Buggy bulldozing a small island. Inside, Keyop appears to be sweating from the heat. The Phoenix arrives on the scene.

“Hey, whatcha doing down there, Keyop?” Tiny asks into his bracelet.

“Playing football!” Keyop broops sarcastically.

“Well take a time out!” Tiny advises. “I’m coming down to see you!” Judging by the scowl on Keyop’s face, he’s not too happy about this. Tiny lands and gets out anyway.

“What have you got there? A map for buried treasure?” Tiny asks, looking over Keyop’s shoulder.

“Dig… broot toot… this!” Keyop frowns, tossing his paper into Tiny’s face.

“We’re standing… on probable… Spectra Base!” Keyop says, with far too much burbling. He snatches the map back, as Tiny looks on in astonishment. He begins laughing uncontrollably. He leans on a tree, which breaks, revealing it to be manufactured, and not natural.

“Weak tree!” Tiny comments, looking at it. “Spectra base! That’s funny!” Of course, he doesn’t question why the tree is made from wooden planks instead of having a solid trunk.

“I think you’re suffering from island fever!” Tiny starts laughing again. Keyop growls angrily, but Tiny runs off to the Phoenix, jumping inside. Keyop throws a rock at the Phoenix, which makes a small tapping sound as it hits. Seems the Phoenix is made of far more substantial materials than the God Phoenix!

The Phoenix takes off.

“Tiny may laugh at Keyop, but Security isn’t.” Zark voices over. “I just checked with Security Chief Anderson, who placed Keyop on Witch’s Island, because of suspicious activity there. This is such a secret mission, that the other members of G-Force haven’t been told about it. That is… until now.” Most interesting of all, it seems that Zark hasn’t been told about it until now either! I guess it was so secret that no one has been told… but Keyop doesn’t mind explaining it to Tiny on the spur of the moment?

“G-Force.” Mark says, entering a massive computer room where Chief Anderson is working. “You wanted to see us, Chief?”

“We have long suspected a Spectra aim to set up a base on Witch’s Island.” Anderson reveals. “Now, we think they’ve done it.”

So… you think there’s a Spectran base there, and so you sent Keyop to dig for it? All by himself? Don’t you think the Spectrans would notice a G-Force member digging on top of their base and do something about it?

“Is this speculation, or do you have concrete proof?” Mark asks.

“Let me show you.” Anderson says, pulling a nearby metal hose into a nearby container of water. He turns some knobs on a nearby panel, and the hose shoots out a red liquid into the water.

“This aquarium contains a sampling of water Keyop took from the sea around Witch’s Island.” the Chief explains, dipping a metal stick into the water and showing how it comes out red. “Into it, we have injected the RC Factor.” RC Factor? What is that? Like RC Cola? Are they making soda pop out of ocean water?

“The water turned red.” Anderson shows everyone the dyed metal stick. Must be cherry flavored soda pop.

“Note what happens when the red sample is placed on the magnetic map and activated on the radar scope.” Anderson continues as a robotic hand picks up the stick and moves it around. “The radar blip follows a close boundary path around the island. Can anyone guess what this means?”

“It suggests that the water around Witch’s Island has a special quality!” Princess says.

“Okay, just how did it get that quality?” Jason asks.

“That’s an easy one, Jase.” Tiny replies. “It’s got to be the work of good old Spectra.”

“That’s the answer, Tiny!” Mark exclaims, as if Tiny has just said something utterly brilliant. “That red water means ‘danger’! Zoltar at work! And no doubt, it’s underhanded.” Um… wasn’t it Chief Anderson who put in the red color? I’m confused…

“It’s underwater, to be specific.” Anderson comments dryly. “We believe Spectra is building a submarine fleet.”

“Submarines?” Tiny is confused. “They’re not all that special.”

“These are, and our only defense is a red mist torpedo system.” the Chief goes on. “You must contact Keyop now!” Although why they have to contact Keyop now is uncertain. So… the RC Factor is red, and the mist torpedoes are red too? It must be a popular color…

“G-Force!”

Now we see a goon with a pencil-beard running down a corridor. He enters a room where Zoltar and another goon are waiting.

“You’re late! We’ve been waiting for your report!” Zoltar reprimands him.

“I think we have what we need, Zoltar.” Pencil-Beard Goon replies, saluting.

“Then, hurry!” Zoltar shouts.

“This is a view of Witch’s Island.” Pencil-Beard Goon says, unrolling the paper in his hand and displaying it on the table so everyone can see. “It’s the perfect underwater base! And for more reasons than one!”

Zoltar presses a button, enlarging a part of the image. A crescent-shaped island is clearly visible.

“I see!” Zoltar smirks. “Center Neptune! And within striking range!”

“It’s perfect! They’ll never expect an attack from underwater!” Pencil-Beard Goon agrees.

“Excellent!” Zoltar says gleefully. “If we can destroy Center Neptune, the Earthlings will be helpless! It will mean the end of their Galaxy Defense Center!”

“I don’t know.” Pencil-Beard Goon replies, saluting as he backtracks. “We could be heading into a trap, if we’ve been detected.”

“The attack will proceed as planned.” Zoltar frowns. Wait a minute… ‘as planned’? I thought they only came up with this idea just now? What weird Time Warp is going on here?

“There is nothing to fear. We have the element of surprise on our side.” Zoltar assures the two goons. “To victory!”

“Victory!” both goons salute.

Commercial break!

We come back to see some kind of sea dragon robot leaving an underwater base, with dozens of small crab tanks following.

At this very moment, the Phoenix is flying around in the sky. The Team receives a communication.

“7-Zark-7 to G-Force! You are advised to proceed with caution. Don’t be misled by that peaceful-looking small island below you.”

You mean, the island in the shape of a crescent, just like the top of Center Neptune?

Now we see that underneath that island, Keyop is sitting in his Space Buggy.

“With Keyop, my readouts indicate that Center Neptune itself is Spectra’s target!” Zark exclaims. We see Keyop looking through his periscope at… Center Neptune? But there’s something wrong. It looks like Center Neptune was crudely carved out of rock. Perhaps this is some kind of protective shield?

“Center Neptune! So... that’s… the target!” Keyop burbles.

On Witch’s Island, some machinery in the trees comes to life. A signal appears on the Phoenix’s scanners.

“We’ve just made contact with Keyop!” Princess reports.

“Make sure you don’t lose that connection, Princess.” Mark lectures. Well, duh!

“I’ve been thinking it over.” Tiny says. “Spectra probably planted that radioactive water. They want us to think they’re operating out of Witch’s Island.”

“You might be right, Tiny.” Mark acknowledges. “This could be a diversionary action. But I doubt it. I smell a rat.”

“You’re probably right.” Tiny appears glum. “That Zoltar! Always shows up when you least expect him!” Um, if Zoltar showed up when they least expected him, then this would be a diversion wouldn’t it? Because wouldn’t they be expecting him elsewhere?

Sorry, over-thinking the plot. Back to the story.

Meanwhile, on Zoltar’s robot…

“Ha ha ha! We’ve got them right where we want them!” laughs a goon with red gloves and boots. “Right on target, and they don’t even know we’re here!”

We see a shot of the rock-covered Center Neptune on the screen.

“I have had some experience in these matters.” Zoltar cuts in. “Be ready for the unexpected, from G-Force!” He leans over to issue orders into his control panel.

“Target Center Neptune, in view! Prepare to fire!”

No new posts 16-08-2010 04:12 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

“Got to… keep from… sleep!” burbles a very bored-looking Keyop. But he sure wakes up fast when he sees the Daily Fish Parade fleeing the rock-covered Center Neptune! He looks around with his periscope, finally spotting the Spectran robots approaching.

“Broot! Come in, Mark!” he calls.

“Read you, Keyop!” Mark replies.

“Broooop, have spotted… root toot Center Neptune gunnery tower. Keeping eyes peeled… for Zoltar’s fish!”

“You’ve got the ball, buddy!” Mark tells him.

We see the rock-covered Center Neptune surrounded by Spectran forces.

“In a moment, Center Neptune will be only an unpleasant memory.” Zoltar smirks.

The crab tanks all shoot missiles.

“Broot… fire!” Keyop says, pressing a button in his Space Buggy.

The Spectran missiles destroy Center Neptune! And the island above! Keyop’s Space Buggy is thrown from the scene by the force of the explosion!

“All is going according to plan!” Zoltar gloats. “Our Wildfire Torpedoes have hit their mark! Center Neptune is doomed!”

“Zoltar!” a goon gasps. “Something is wrong! Look! Center Neptune has launched hundreds of torpedoes!”

Sure enough, on the monitors, lots of approaching torpedoes are clearly visible.

“What could have gone wrong with my beautiful scheme?” Zoltar moans, hiding his face in his hands.

Commercial break! Yep, again.

When we return, Zark’s control panels are working so hard, they’re sparking!

“We’re in a triple-red emergency alert!” Zark tells us. “Center Neptune has been struck by Spectra torpedoes! But so far, our ferro-electron understructure is intact, and we’ve launched a counter-attack!”

So… that rock and the island we saw blowing up… that wasn’t Center Neptune? I’m so confused!

“Still, the shocks have rattled my voltage stabilizers and may have unhinged my oscillator relays!” Zark moans. I wonder if we could evacuate Center Neptune of all people, and then let the Spectrans destroy it with Zark still inside? But that would mean sacrificing the G-Force Ready Room, including its infamous ping pong table. I think I’d be willing to do that…

“I always wanted to be close to the action, but this is ridiculous!” Zark complains. “If we don’t put an end to Zoltar’s fleet pretty soon, I’m going to be one big mass of jangled circuits!” I’d rather he was a melted mass of burned circuits, but I suspect that’s too much to hope for.

The missiles from Center Neptune hit the Spectran ships, emitting the red liquid we saw earlier. The cowering Zoltar suddenly realizes that he’s still alive.

“Fortune has smiled on us! We have been saved!” he crows. “Now we must get out of here!”

“What’s the big hurry?” Pencil-Beard Goon asks. “We’ve already proved we’re invulnerable to attack!”

“They’ll hit us with something else!” Red-Glove Goon moans.

“Zoltar!” another goon calls. “The water is turning red around us!”

“Red Mist! It’s their dangerous defensive measure!” Zoltar shouts. “Red Mist!”

So… it’s not the same red liquid we saw earlier?

“Blast off!” Zoltar orders. “Full jets upward!” We can see that the water surrounding the Spectran forces is all red. And when they emerge from the water… so does the rest of the Spectran fleet!

The smoking remains of an island (Witch’s Island or the island atop Center Neptune?) lie below.

And the Phoenix arrives on the scene!

“I’ve got a hunch the mouse is coming out of his hole.” Mark says calmly.

“Yeah, and with all the rest of his rats.” Jason adds.

“Rats on the port side” Tiny calls. You know, they seem awfully calm, given that Center Neptune has just been attacked. Aren’t they even worried how Chief Anderson fared?

“Phoenix… have radar contact… Zoltar’s fish!” Keyop burbles through his communicator. “Hold it… smoking island! Spectra base!”

So… the smoking island is a Spectran base? The Spectrans destroyed their own base? I don’t get it!

“We see it, Keyop.” Mark responds. “We’ll be going for it as soon as we get into position! Get with it, Tiny.” But Tiny appears glum.

“Nothing personal, Tiny, but are you planning to join the party?” Princess asks. “Or just snooze?” Tiny grimaces, as if he is in pain.

“Don’t you… uh… people recognize meditation?” Tiny asks. Yikes! If he’s looking like that in meditation, I’d hate to see Tiny when he’s actually hurt!

“Light tower ahead… root toot… it’s a phony!” Keyop reports to Mark.

“Sneaky.” Mark comments.

“That’s Zoltar.” Tiny adds.

Insert stock footage of the Supersonic Jet, the Spacemobile and the Galacticycle getting ready to leave the Phoenix.

“Go!” Mark says.

Mark’s Supersonic Jet shoots laser beams at a… lighthouse? But I guess it’s the ‘light tower’. We clearly see the Spectran tanks and goons escaping, as they run away from the damaged tower.

Mark flies overhead and shoots the tanks, but we don’t see what happens to them as a result.

The Spacemobile drives up what looks like… an oil refinery? Must be attached to this light tower. Jason’s car shoots, and there’s an explosion. We don’t see any people. The Spacemobile zooms away.

Princess’ Galacticycle zooms across the water and jumps up onto some kind of bridge. She throws down her yo-yo and destroys the structure by using the explosive charge.

Insert stock footage of Princess’ Galacticycle rejoining the Phoenix.

“So much for the light tower.” Princess says happily, as she comes back onto the Bridge of the Phoenix.

“Hate to have their cleanup bill.” Jason remarks.

“You both did good work. But we still have a problem.” Mark reminds them. “Find Zoltar! All set?”

“Big 10!” Tiny isn’t meditating now!

“See Zoltar anywhere?” Mark contacts Keyop, who is still flying around in his Space Buggy.

No… but looking!” Keyop burbles. “Getting… closer! Whoa!”

The Space Buggy stops suddenly. The sea dragon robot is directly below!

Inside the robot, Zoltar is speaking with the Great Spirit.

“Once again you stand before me in failure!” the Luminous One berates Zoltar.

“Forgive me, Master. I am to blame.” Zoltar admits. “I trusted the advice of underlings!”

“We have suffered great losses! And you, and you alone, are responsible!” the Great Spirit doesn’t let up. “The enemy has breached our walls and scattered our troops! Yes, we must now abandon our base and destroy Witch’s Island! Lay your plans carefully, Zoltar!”

Wait… wasn’t Witch’s Island already destroyed? It was smoking, right?

“I shall take all the necessary precautions, oh Luminous One.”

“And above all, Zoltar, save yourself.” Awww…. isn’t it nice to know that your alien entity God-like figure truly cares about you? Wink

Zoltar opens a panel and presses a button inside.

“G-Force thinks they have me trapped, but they will find out differently!” Zoltar smirks. He contacts Red-Glove Goon.

“You wanted to talk to me, Zoltar?” Red-Gloev Goon asks.

“You have done good work, Colonel Gore!” Zoltar smiles widely. “You should be rewarded. You are a born leader, Colonel, and because I recognize your unique talents, I am making you Supreme Commander of all our troops!”

“I accept with great pride.” Gore replies. Hey, do you suppose he’s related to Al? Maybe he invented the internet too! Big Grin

“May there be many triumphs in your bright future!” Zoltar says.

“I will never forget you, Zoltar.” Gore says happily. And it’s an appropriate sentiment, because Zoltar is walking to an elevating chair, and looks like he’s leaving. In fact, he does leave, in a rocket.

“Rat!” Keyop calls Mark, witnessing Zoltar’s departure. “Abandoning ship!”

“Read you!” Mark responds.

“Zoltar!” Jason exclaims.

“Coming!” Mark cries.

“Hurry!” Keyop burbles.

“Warn Keyop to steer clear!” Princess says.

“Avoid contact, Keyop.” Mark orders. “Keep an eye on Zoltar’s escape ship, but let us do the nasty work.”

“Full power!” Mark orders Tiny.

“Got it!” Tiny acknowledges. The Phoenix takes off after Zoltar’s ship.

“That was a narrow escape, but I lead a charmed life!” Zoltar congratulates himself. “Poor, stupid Colonel Gore! I’ve left him in charge of a disaster!” Zoltar laughs, but gasps in horror when he sees what’s on his radar screen.

“They are following he!” He is aghast. He moves down to open area next to a large city.

“Zoltar’s rocket ship!” Mark says, seeing the craft on the ground. “Below!”

“Let’s go!” Jason and Princess cry, running off the Bridge.

Insert stock footage of Mark, Jason and Princess driving their individual vehicles. They approach Zoltar’s rocket.

“Look sharp! This might be a trap!” Mark warns from his Supersonic Jet.

“He’s all ours.” Jason smirks, holding up his cablegun…

But suddenly, we see a strange clown mask on a Zoltar costume. The mask falls off, revealing a tape player underneath. Zoltar’s laughing voice comes out. Jason looks angry and surprised.

“It’s a dummy Zoltar, booby-trapped! Let’s split!” he calls to Princess, and they both zoom away in their vehicles. Zoltar’s rocket explodes.

All alone on the Phoenix, Tiny appears glum again.

“It’s no fun being left behind.” he thinks to himself. “I know now that Mark, Princess and Jason are okay, but what about Keyop?”

We see the Space Buggy moving along underwater. Keyop is surprised when he suddenly see the sea dragon robot in front of him!

“Fire torpedoes 1 and 2!” Gore orders, from inside the robot.

No new posts 16-08-2010 04:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

“Uh oh, firecrackers!” Keyop cries, trying to dodge. But the Space Buggy is turned upside-down, damaged, and water is pouring through a crack in the window.

“Buggy got bonked… spring leak!” he calls into his communicator.

“Hold your nose! I’m coming down!” Tiny responds. The Phoenix zooms off.

The sea dragon is still shooting torpedoes at Keyop’s position, but these guys must have terrible aim, because they’re not hitting anything. The Space Buggy is filling with water, but Keyop turns it right-side-up again. He moves away just as the Phoenix slams into the rock behind him.

“Hey, Keyop, you just going to sit here?” Tiny calls on his bracelet. And we see blood on Tiny’s forehead. Yep, blood in BOTP! I wonder what kind of discussion there was amongst the scriptwriters, on whether or not to keep that shot in the episode?

The Space Buggy is pulled into the Phoenix.

“Fire!” Gore orders. The Spectran robot fires another torpedo.

“Hold onto your helmet!” Tiny tells Keyop, who is now sprawled on the floor of the Bridge. “We’re going up!”

For some strange reason, the panel Zoltar fiddled with on the sea dragon robot explodes. And the entire sea dragon robot explodes. We do not see any escape pods. Could it be? Did Gore and his men actually… go down with the ship? Oh, the horror! Combine that with Tiny’s blood, and I’m feeling faint! Somebody, catch me! (I’d prefer it be Mark or Jason. Wink )

“Broot… what kept you?’ Keyop asks Tiny, now that they’ve safely gotten away.

“First I fell asleep, then I stopped off for a nice Spaceburger!” Tiny says, rubbing his nose.

“Figures!” Keyop broobles.

More stock footage of the Galacticycle joining up with the Phoenix. Wait… didn’t we already see that scene this episode? They’re using it again? Yikes!

We follow with lots of stock footage of Jason and Mark joining up with the Phoenix too.

“That was a narrow squeak for the Team.” Zark voices over. “Princess and Jason nearly got blown up, and Keyop almost drowned. I hope they get a little time to relax in the Ready Room when they get back here. I know I’ve got to lie down for a second and take a load off my trigotrons!”

We see the Phoenix approaching a completely undamaged crescent-shaped island.

And now… we’re in the Ready Room! G-Force’s Ready Room, not Zark’s.

“I wish all of you wouldn’t be so active.” Tiny says, reaching for another Spaceburger. “It keeps making me hungrier!”

“Attention, G-Force!” Zark comes on the screen.

“Oh, no!” Princess exclaims. “Not another emergency already!”

“I have something important to tell you.” Zark announces. “Since I rarely get to see you, I was going to send a note, but that seemed so cold and formal. I just wanted to tell you what an incredible job you do every time you go out on a mission. You never cease to amaze me!”

“And I’d like to add, it’s a real honor and a privilege to work with G-Force!” Zark salutes.

“G-Force!” Everyone salutes back, as the episode fades out.

Well, that was nice. Even though we got Zark, we also had the Team during the ending. What a pleasant surprise!

No new posts 16-08-2010 04:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Interesting that BotP didn't stick with a version of the original plot. Either the translation really sucked, or the Standards and Practices people didn't think that children could handle the heroes tricking the enemy.

No new posts 16-08-2010 06:03 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Great recap!

I'm confused too. Is Witch's Island directly on top of Center Neptune, or somewhere else completely? Confused2 Doesn't seem to be one of the more straight forward Gatch-to-BOTP adaptations.

Gatchwise, I like how this episode builds on episode 82 (when Galactor almost got the Crescent Coral base) and sets the stage for eps 91 & 92.

The Jinpei/Ryu slapstick at the beginning is funny too. Of course, it turns serious later, when a bleeding Ryu rushes in to save Jinpei. I like that the characters so often tease and give each other a hard time, but when it counts, are there for each other absolutely.

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

Hmm, is it just me, or does it look like there's something interesting going on here?

No new posts 16-08-2010 06:28 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Once again ... great recaps, and thanks, TJ!

I, too, have found it strange why the Gatch episode wasn't straight adapted to BOTP! IMO there weren't any outrageous scenes that couldn't have been included! Well ... perhaps, the blood coming down from Ryu's head, but even in the Gatch version, that problem was immediately solved!

On the other hand, agreeing with all of you, I liked the fact that there has been, once again, the continuation aspect! ... except where Katse is involved! ... his/her IQ didn't render much this time!

And why didn't Dr. Nambu inform the Team before, or maybe, at least, Ken, as the SNT's commander, about this plan?! If it weren't for Ryu mentioning the fact that Jinpei was acting strange, the plan seemed not to be going to be mentioned, at that very moment, as the Team was going standby as ordered! Moreover, he also intended to give them instructions accordingly, so again, why so much delay?! Perhaps, we may add this as another case showing Dr. Nambu's secretive nature!

No new posts 16-08-2010 11:32 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

LB, I somehow *knew* you wold be the one to pick up on the interesting aspects of that screenshot! ROFL 2 It certainly gives food for thought, doesn't it? Luvu2

Yes, this episode is a great one, because it is an excellent standalone episode, but it also works on the 'continuing storyline' basis. There is humor and vengance... and they are oh-so-close to finding the location of Galactor Headquarters... plus the scenes of Katse gloating and then cowering are priceless! I hadn't thought about the Jinpei/Ryu slapstick at the beginning coming back around in Ryu's rescue of Jinpei at the end, but you're totally right about that, LB!

UW, I agree. I'm not certain why the BOTP writers couldn't have just used the original plot. As it was, it was so messed up... what was Witches' Island, and which island was actually attacked? Was Center Neptune actually in any danger? Was there actually a Spectran Base at one of these islands? Yikes!

Marie, it has been my observation that Katse's brains tend to be less 'effective' as a male. This is supported by episode 88, where investigating Katse's past indicates that as a girl she was a brilliant student but as a boy, just average. SO it seems to me that Katse is the product of the merging of an exceptionally bright girl twin and an average boy twin.

As to why Dr. Nambu didn't inform the Team before... he likes to play things close to the vest, doesn't he? I think we've discussed before about how he likes to withhold information from the Team. Heck, it goes all the way back to the Blue Hawk episode.

No new posts 16-08-2010 13:26 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Katse's brains tend to be less 'effective' as a male.

Katse's stupidity as a male is becoming much more noticable ... I wonder why the "female" Katse was not chosen over the "male" as the head of Galactor who we always see in front.

No new posts 16-08-2010 14:04 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
LB, I somehow *knew* you wold be the one to pick up on the interesting aspects of that screenshot! ROFL 2 It certainly gives food for thought, doesn't it? Luvu2

I love Joe's expression here. It's rare for him and Jun to exchange significant looks of any kind, but it just looks like she's whispering something that intrigues him mightily -"Meet in my quarters -at midnight" maybe?

No new posts 16-08-2010 16:20 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
I love Joe's expression here. It's rare for him and Jun to exchange significant looks of any kind, but it just looks like she's whispering something that intrigues him mightily -"Meet in my quarters -at midnight" maybe?

To me, it's like they're IMing and sending naughty messages to each other... Devil1

No new posts 16-08-2010 18:41 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: