Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[The Latest News] »Announcements! » Site Open - News!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Site Open - News!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Not quite yet. They will be leaving this afternoon, my time. Then I will be able to settle back to my usual relaxed time.

One week left, and then I have to get back to work.

No new posts 22-08-2010 13:09 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Same here, CD! I only have one week left...and I'm finding it hard to relax...having back-to-school dreams already (you know- the ones where school starts and I'm totally unprepared? LOL).

I've had a couple of meetings already, too...and I'm starting to get stressed. It's getting hard for me to think of anything besides school these days! UGH...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 22-08-2010 19:15 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I know how you feel Springie. I have not had the dreams yet, but I think I will be in school next week setting up. I have a meeting or two to attend as well.

And I have to have a discussion/meeting with my new teaching partner.

No new posts 22-08-2010 20:12 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by clouddancer
I know how you feel Springie. I have not had the dreams yet, but I think I will be in school next week setting up. I have a meeting or two to attend as well.

Good luck to you both...

My first class meeting iis tomorrow! <<yikes>>

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Reboekah on 23-08-2010 at 23:34.
No new posts 22-08-2010 23:03 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Good luck, Boeke!

No new posts 22-08-2010 23:38 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Best of luck with the meeting tomorrow Boeke. I don't envy you. At least I have until the end of the week for my meetings.

It has been a busy summer, and in some ways I am looking forward to getting back, but in others I need a few more weeks so I can feel like *I* have had some time off.

No new posts 23-08-2010 00:38 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Boeke, hope everything goes well for you! Huggles
and CD...you *do* need more time off! It has been a short summer for you! I think you got out of school at least a week (or maybe a week and a half) after I did!

I guess I'm ready to go back...it's kind of nice to have a fresh start every fall...but it's sooooo busy!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 23-08-2010 01:09 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks Springie!
If only I could, but I am eagerly anticipating start up and hoping to see big changes. Especially with my school taking on full day kindergarten classes and improvements made to the playground over the summer.

I hope all goes well with you for the start of the school year Springie.

No new posts 23-08-2010 01:32 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Hey, ladies, good luck! I wish I was prepping for classes right now.

No new posts 23-08-2010 01:55 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Enjoy the vacation, Amethyst! Wink Going back to school isn't fun for anyone, I think.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 23-08-2010 at 04:09.
No new posts 23-08-2010 04:08 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Enjoy the vacation, Amethyst! Wink Going back to school isn't fun for anyone, I think.

No vacation, TJ. It's unemployment. Too many English teachers and not enough jobs in this economy. I'd really rather be prepping for classes.

No new posts 23-08-2010 04:14 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh Amethyst...I had no idea! So were you working last year, and they cut jobs?

I was afraid that might happen around here, but I'm one of the teachers that has been around the longest in my school (15 years)...so I *should* be safe!

No new posts 23-08-2010 05:01 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I was released two years ago after one year in the district, just before all the big releases, but at a time when no one was hiring. I could have challenged the release at that time, but thought it was no big deal to find another job and I was not a good match for the district that I was in.

The districts around the town I live in all have middle school promotion requirements and I was teaching in a school where the freshman and sophomores I had had never never passed a single a class. I had 18 year old freshman in my sophomore English classes. It was major eye opener for me.

I could commute to larger districts, but with my kids, it is just too much and would put me back in the same situation. Can't move as my husband has over 20 years at his job and we are not leaving that in this economy.

I'm hoping to get some sub jobs this year. My first year, I had at least two a week. Last year there were none.

No new posts 23-08-2010 05:21 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow.That reminds me of the way things were when I was looking for a job. I had to sub for about two years before I could get a foot in the door, and then i had to work as an assistant for a year (with the promise that I'd have my own classroom the following year).

I can imagine it must be tough! I hope you get lots of sub jobs this year and they lead to something permanent for you!

No new posts 23-08-2010 05:26 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks! That's what I'm hoping for, too. That or some miracle funding to put classes sizes back down to a realistic level.

No new posts 23-08-2010 06:08 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I wish all of you the best of luck ... especially, for you, Amethyst!Huggles

No new posts 23-08-2010 09:32 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

If you are not receiving emails from the site please make sure you have white listed admin@gatchamania.net.

I have seen some bounce backs which are related to anti-spam measures on different Email providers, please make sure you white list the address, keep your inbox clear for new emails and most importantly that your email address is up to date.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 23-08-2010 10:40 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Amethyst, sorry to hear about your situation. I knew jobs were hard to come by down in the States I just had not realized it had affected one of our own.

Hopefully you will find some sub jobs this year and then get your face recognized in the schools again.

No new posts 23-08-2010 11:10 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I am so sorry to hear this, Amethyst. I know how tight public money is for schools now in California. I hope you get those sub jobs. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Huggles

No new posts 23-08-2010 14:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you. I do appreciate the kind thoughts.

No new posts 23-08-2010 15:07 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: