Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[The Latest News] »Announcements! » Important Site News!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Important Site News!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Candi - I've got it all on file, so if the IF doesn't get transferred over I can upload it...

The only thing would be the formatting since I use Word and would have to manually add all the code to get it back to what it was...

No new posts 17-07-2010 04:04 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks, Green!

I wonder if it'd be easier on Cep to have a "What Has Come Before" Section for some of the threads and other really good stuff that's not currently active. So it's there, but you don't have to deal with it and currently active.

And yes, I'm thinking of threads in The Artists' Palette and the Rubber Room as well as the IF.

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 17-07-2010 05:05 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I wouldn't worry about it too much Candi. From my understand from previous changes everything has gone well.

Of course we were not changing sites that drastically, but there has been a change through the 10+ years Gatchamania has existed and threads transferred across okay, from what I have understood.

Although I may recall FB saying some of her stories maybe archived else where and not transferred across, but that was from many years back, and I think it is easier for a good administrator to transfer files these days.

No new posts 17-07-2010 11:24 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Just to answer a few questions Elfgrin1

- The site will remain at the same URL.

- All previous posts, threads and boards will either be transferred or archived to a sub site and this is really time dependant on what's the easier option.

- Initially you will be able to:
-- Login, Log out
-- View and edit your profile
-- Post, Reply, Edit on Threads
-- Search boards, threads and posts

As mentioned additional functionality will be built into the site via a sandbox so you guys can get to grips with it, request changes or make your opinions known.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 17-07-2010 12:01 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

I have only basic computer knowledge, so please bear with me but...what's a sandbox? I've never heard that term in connection with computers before.

No new posts 17-07-2010 12:35 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I suspect it is like a "parking lot", as we call it in Canada, where we park questions and idea for people to look at, contemplate and then decide on. My guess is it is the site suggestions and technical help thread/side on this forum.

I am sure Cep will correct me if I am wrong.

No new posts 17-07-2010 12:41 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

oh ! I love changes, but a week, of no gatcha, this may force me to do less important things ...like housework,,
can I/we help with anything?
Giveflowers

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by littlewolf on 17-07-2010 at 14:01.
No new posts 17-07-2010 14:00 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

A sandbox in this instance would be a blank copy of the current live site but also containing a prospective release of a new feature.

This allows users to then test the feature alongside existing features without affecting the original site or its content.

Once the feature is accepted, the live site gets updated and the sandbox gets flattened (reset) for future testing.

No new posts 17-07-2010 15:33 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oooo, that is an interesting expression.

So it is something we can "play in" without destroying the main settings. Unlike a real sandbox where a "bully" (my big brother) can come along and destroy your sand castle.

No new posts 17-07-2010 15:44 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Oh yeah - sandboxes. Love them. No new software releae shoudl be without one.

We use several on the software project I work on - which is just as well, because at one point in the training sandbox, one of the fireys training managed to nearly wipe out the entire data........

Looking forward to the sandbox to play in, Cep. It's always fun to test new functionalities (and see if I can break them - but then that's what the sandbox is for!)

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 17-07-2010 16:39 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

Thanks for the explanation! Looking forward to seeing all the new stuff!

No new posts 17-07-2010 17:05 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Cep
- The site will remain at the same URL.

- All previous posts, threads and boards will either be transferred or archived to a sub site and this is really time dependant on what's the easier option.

- Initially you will be able to:
-- Login, Log out
-- View and edit your profile
-- Post, Reply, Edit on Threads
-- Search boards, threads and posts

As mentioned additional functionality will be built into the site via a sandbox so you guys can get to grips with it, request changes or make your opinions known.

This sure sounds interesting, Cep -I look forward to seeing what new-and-improved version will be like, and playing with new features!

No new posts 17-07-2010 18:30 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Swan_Jun Swan_Jun is a Male

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 31-01-2010

spacer

hey cep,
I agree with maddie this is the greatest Gatchaman site on the web because of what you and Katse do to keep the site up and alive on the web. But a week of no gatchamania is like to me a week of the internet being down for repair! (sobs uncontrollably) but I Have a confession to make. I have no idea what I'll Do During the week you will have to work on the site. I love everything about the site but I guess I'll Have to be content with Gatchamania being down for a Week.

I Have a question: Will the folders and messages I Have In My PM Folder On My User CP Be Transferred to the New Site? And Also Email Me If You Can To Let Me Know When The New Location Is Up And Ready For Business.

BIRD GO!

No I don't Suffer From A Swan Obsession. Being a Swan Is Graceful and beautiful

No new posts 18-07-2010 19:52 Swan_Jun is offline Send an Email to Swan_Jun Search for Posts by Swan_Jun Add Swan_Jun to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: God_phoenix45 YIM Screenname: Shadow_ranger2004 MSN Screenname: Cockatiel_2007
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Cep one of the things I love about the site is when you come in on the portal, you can see how many posts since you wre last there, and then click the link to bring the relevant threads up.

Will this still be available?

I'd also love to see (eventually) the ability to PM more than one person at a time.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 18-07-2010 21:01 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Since we are taking about what we love about the site.

I love the homepage and being able to see the 10 most recent threads someone has replied in. Although these days there are more than 10 threads so you DO have to click on the link to bring up the "threads posted in since you were last on."

I also love being able to select our own colour/style for the board.

No new posts 18-07-2010 21:39 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

spacer

Wow so many requests already Big Grin

Swan Jun everything will get transferred to the new host.

No new posts 18-07-2010 22:37 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I've been away for a couple of weeks, and now knowing that when I'm back from Comic Con the site will go down.... I'll be goijng through serious withdrawal! But I completely understand, and I appreciate everything you do for this site, Cep. I'm glad to see that the improvements are being made. If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know.

I agree with all of the suggestions made here so far re: features to keep.

No new posts 18-07-2010 22:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

As one who is quite happy to use the interwebs but has no idea how it works, thank you for the work put into running quite possibly the best fan site ever. Looking fwds to the new site.

No new posts 19-07-2010 12:45 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by veritas
As one who is quite happy to use the interwebs but has no idea how it works, thank you for the work put into running quite possibly the best fan site ever. Looking fwds to the new site.

I saw the announcement & I almost crapped my cloak!
Me too veritas me too!  

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ladygalactor777 on 19-07-2010 at 13:13.
No new posts 19-07-2010 13:12 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I'm looking forward to the new features. Good luck with the transfer Cep, I hope it all goes smoothly.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 19-07-2010 15:04 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: