Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 69 – The Cemetery in the Moonlight
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 69 – The Cemetery in the Moonlight
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Or they weren't used to flirting alone. They could quite happly flirt in front of the rest of the team knowing that the rest of the team being there would give them a "stop" point.

But they were so rarely alone that they weren't quite sure what to do next.

You'll notice that when Zark was there, they still flirt, even though awkwardly. The time when Zark isn't there, they desperately try to reveal their feellings and it's so painfully awkward.

I also get the feeling that each time Princess kisses Zark, she's doing tht instead of kissing the person on the other side of him/ Before each kiss, she makes a highly personal comment about trust and reliability - and that comment also applies to Mark.

I think that the writing team really did put a lot of thought into those little conversations - and they also used the flirting between Zark and Susan as a metaphor for Mark and Princess as well - which is why Zark and Susan is rather creepy because it's so suggestive and way beyond the line which Mark and Princess go.

Then again, they're the only two who visit Zark. Who knows how long they tell the rest of the team they'll be.... and then what they get up to in the time remaining...

"We're just going to see Zark." could be a phrase with a completely different meaning! Flame

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 25-03-2010 15:45 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Maybe they're the only two allowed near Zark....

Sorry just had a flash of Tiny holding Zark up and saying, "You know, if we cut him in half we could use him as a bbq..."

No new posts 25-03-2010 15:51 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

.... Zark as a weber BBQ! I love it!!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 25-03-2010 16:01 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Actually, I always thought he looked like a trash can. And I know I'm not the only one who thought that...

And then of course, he bears a strong resemblance to a certain smutty item as well... Puke2

No new posts 25-03-2010 23:09 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Actually, I always thought he looked like a trash can. And I know I'm not the only one who thought that...

ITA with that, TJ ... one of those that we usually put in our rest rooms with the dangling lid on top!

quote:
And then of course, he bears a strong resemblance to a certain smutty item as well... Puke2

ROFL 2

No new posts 26-03-2010 09:09 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by green

Sorry just had a flash of Tiny holding Zark up and saying, "You know, if we cut him in half we could use him as a bbq..."

One of those barrel grills, right?

Katsesama's Gatchonline site has a link to '101 Uses For a Dead Zark.' Very funny.

No new posts 27-03-2010 11:14 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
quote:
Originally posted by green

One of those barrel grills, right?

Katsesama's Gatchonline site has a link to '101 Uses For a Dead Zark.' Very funny.

Something like that - I mean he comes with the handy legs, and if you pulled his arms back too... Hinge the half and you would even have a lid for smoking... Yep - Zark has his uses!

No new posts 27-03-2010 11:19 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
It's nt only the team in BotP that doesn't communicate - the Don Wade episode is where Zark doesn't pass on the information to Anderson about Jason's accident (pretty glaring omission!).

In fact, in BotP the greatest lack of communication is from Zark!

Let's face it: the original animation doesn't really support a lot of what should happen. Zark can't report things, because there's no footage to crib for the logical results. Heck, it sometimes doesn't support what does happen. (Case in point: Mad New Ruler of Spectra has Tiny commenting about the cyborg horses in a tone that tells us something's wrong. But he looks very laid back, with his hands behind his head.)

No new posts 27-03-2010 11:23 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter

Let's face it: the original animation doesn't really support a lot of what should happen. Zark can't report things, because there's no footage to crib for the logical results.

Good point. Really, despite what he says, Zark is there for the viewers of the show far more than for the other characters, which does lead to glitches in some episodes.

No new posts 27-03-2010 21:22 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn
.... Zark as a weber BBQ! I love it!!

Paint him green, take off the arms and legs and he could be a Green Egg Smoker (will be my first investment after a new computer if the economy turns around and jobs become available -- My kids and hubby would think I've flipped if I name it Zark, though).

No new posts 28-03-2010 00:32 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
MrVampire MrVampire is a Male

I am a Galactor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-12-2009

spacer

I always thought Zark was like R2D2 with C3P0s personality.

Galactor Space Cats! Galactor

I'll write something else entertaining here eventually...

No new posts 28-03-2010 02:52 MrVampire is offline Send an Email to MrVampire Homepage of MrVampire Search for Posts by MrVampire Add MrVampire to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

3PO wasn't that annoying, but yes, I think they did try to blend the two 'bots.

No new posts 28-03-2010 03:12 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Zark also had C3PO's voice.

No new posts 28-03-2010 03:58 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: