Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 69 – The Cemetery in the Moonlight
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 69 – The Cemetery in the Moonlight
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

TJ...ITA...you made this episode a LOT more interesting! I *did* always have a chuckle when the goon landed between the statue's boobs !LOL

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 22-03-2010 20:42 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I believe the appearance of anatomically modern humans occurred about 100 millennia ago. There are sites in the Middle East where it seems the Neanderthals and Cro-Magnons alternated in living there.

It does raise the question of just how long Galactor has been in existence. 100,000 years is more than enough time to take over the planet. Someone wasn't thinking at Tatsunoko.

Zark spends a little too much time on oil breaks in the middle of crises.

No new posts 22-03-2010 22:47 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Garnet Garnet is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-03-2010

spacer

I'm either brave or stupid for jumping into this.Swallow Don't answer that, please. I'm a swallow fan and I agree that this is not my favorite episode. It does work a little better and Gatch, but not much. I did like the ending scene with Princess and Keyop better than the Jun and Jimpei one, but other than that, no.

Zark really just needs to go! He annoyed me as a teen and really annoys me as an adult. Surely they could have found a better way to cover for the deleted scenes than that tin can. Even with the Star Wars craze, jeeze.

No new posts 22-03-2010 23:08 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I wouldn't even have minded Zark. But he's just so annoying, and always making out like he's really the only one who does anything, and all successes are attributable to him. Combine that with his bad case of 'fanboy' when he talks about the Team, and you have one annoying character.

And you are welcome to post your opinion, Garnet! We don't have a lot of Swallow fans here, so your viewpoint is sorely needed. That's interesting that you liked the BOTP ending scene better. I think it does work out more sensitively to Keyop's feelings. Too bad BOTP cut out the scene in the Snack J beforehand, where Jinpei is reading the story about the orphan boy who found his mother.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 22-03-2010 at 23:25.
No new posts 22-03-2010 23:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

And lets not forget the way Zark disses Jason 9 out of 10 times or pervs on Princess most of the time. The idea of a robot narrator was neat but the personality he was given stunk. I wonder if Allan Young went out of his way to make him sound so creepy.

No new posts 22-03-2010 23:27 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

“If there is one place of true comfort in this world, it’s to be found in the arms of your mother.” Ken says. “That’s what they say, huh?”

“Huh? What’s that?’ Ryu doesn’t quite catch it.

It would have been nice if the writers, here, had given Ken a line where he says something about his own mother -she was alive until he was 11, so he'd remember a lot about her.

Or Ryu -he supposedly has a mother but she's a complete mystery.

No new posts 22-03-2010 23:58 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

iagree It would have been a nice place to elaborate a bit on their own histories. We3're certainly far enough into the series that the writers didn't have the excuse of 'not knowing' what the character backgrounds were supposed to be!

No new posts 23-03-2010 00:27 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It really would have been nice to have the scene about the book at the beginning. It would have helped set the tone of the whole story a lot better. There was no need to cut that. Everybody knew that he had no parents to speak of, so why cut it for more of Zark's egotistic and creepy commentary.

No new posts 23-03-2010 01:58 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Garnet, you and I are of one mind! I seriously suggest you check out this fic...

Too Hot for Zark!

No new posts 23-03-2010 04:32 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I can't remember if I've read that yet, Green. I've kind of been swallowing fic whole the last few weeks. I'm headed to the fanfic sight right now so I'll check it out.

I'm a person that loves character development and background in any story I'm interested in, and having Zark babbling about all the things he's done or talking with Susan or spying on the team doesn't add to character development at all.

No new posts 23-03-2010 09:51 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh, that fic won't add to character development...but you'll ROFL! Flip

I read it every now and then for a laugh...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 23-03-2010 10:05 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

iagree That fic is perfoect to illustrate why we don't like Zark... Devil1

No new posts 23-03-2010 13:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie

I disagree, Springie - I think that fic develops Susan's character quite nicely *snigger* and we get to learn so much about her, um, attachments *snort*

No new posts 23-03-2010 13:30 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

“If there is one place of true comfort in this world, it’s to be found in the arms of your mother.” Ken says. “That’s what they say, huh?”

“Huh? What’s that?’ Ryu doesn’t quite catch it.

It would have been nice if the writers, here, had given Ken a line where he says something about his own mother -she was alive until he was 11, so he'd remember a lot about her.

Or Ryu -he supposedly has a mother but she's a complete mystery.

I agree with what you're saying here, LB! I just couldn't stand Ryu's reaction ... but, maybe, him supposedly still having a mother, he does not know or understand the significance of not having one any more.

No new posts 23-03-2010 17:30 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Green, my fic reading got preempted by that thing known as real life--I had to go to work--but I finished Too Hot for Zark as soon as I got home this evening. Yes I was ROTFL. Now I remember just why I hated him so much as a teenager: all that talk about FOSDICS and such sent my mind right into the gutter. I'm glad I wasn't a parent of a young child back then. If I'd have heard that word come out of my kid's mouth, I'd have been wondering just where he/she was hearing such things. Violence was a no-no, but sleezy sex-talk between robots was fine. I can hear TPTB now, "It will fill the time and go right over the kids' heads; and who knows, any adults forced to watch with younger children may find it amusing." Yuch!

No new posts 23-03-2010 23:41 Garnet is offline Send an Email to Garnet Search for Posts by Garnet Add Garnet to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by green
quote:
Originally posted by Springie

I disagree, Springie - I think that fic develops Susan's character quite nicely *snigger* and we get to learn so much about her, um, attachments *snort*

Rofl Rofl Rofl

No new posts 24-03-2010 00:32 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Have you noticed that the team members sometimes don't communicate with each other, even when it's important? Jinpei should have told the team where he was staying, at least.

They do that in other episodes. In the 'Gallack X' episode, Ryu and Jinpei are on vacation and Dr. Nambu wasn't told (but Ken knows). I know there are others, but they aren't coming to mind.

I guess it's a way to drive the plot.

(The same thing happens on BotP, and for similar reasons.)

No new posts 25-03-2010 11:27 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

It's nt only the team in BotP that doesn't communicate - the Don Wade episode is where Zark doesn't pass on the information to Anderson about Jason's accident (pretty glaring omission!).

In fact, in BotP the greatest lack of communication is from Zark!

You know, perhaps the reason Mark and Princess kept visiting Zark was that they were getting the layout of the place so tht the robot could have an "accident". Greysniper2

Or they were using it for other more ermmmmm amorous purposes...

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 25-03-2010 11:42 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Or they wanted the Robot to have an "accident" so they could use it for more amorous purposes. Big Grin

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 25-03-2010 at 12:38.
No new posts 25-03-2010 12:38 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I like the idea that it was the only place where Mark and Princess could meet privately... that they were always hoping that Zark would be on 10 second oil break when they arrived. But they were always so awkward.., in what they said. I remember writing up some of those scenes for a fic once, and it really, truly, was awkward... like they weren't used to flirting at all...

No new posts 25-03-2010 13:27 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  [2]  3  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: