Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Imagi News
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (11): « first ...  « previous  9  10  [11]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Imagi News
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dragonsbain Dragonsbain is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-04-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry everyone. The characters look horrible. I don't believe I'm going to say this but, " I'm very glad that this version of the movie never got made."

The characters look like a cross between Goth and Corraline. Not a good one,either.

No new posts 23-09-2011 06:27 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Coraline... I do see some resemblance there!

Have you seen this?

You can get a better idea of what the characters would have looked like (and at 0.26, acted like -in Joe's case I was not impressed) in this clip of (unfinished) footage.

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm10800448

Discussed in this thread here:

http://www.gatchamania.net/thread.php?threadid=3179

I think it was what put me off the movie more than how anyone looked, when it became apparent how much they were messing with the canon origin of the team and (to me) turning Joe into someone I didn't much like!

This clip doesn't have the later version of their birdstyles though. They probably would have looked like this (which I thought was an improvement).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQn1X2aRfdc

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 23-09-2011 at 13:41.
No new posts 23-09-2011 13:40 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I can't get the first link to work, at least all I get is a blank screen with the "timer" running - no images.

But if it is a video I am thinking about, I have to agree with you that I did not like the direction they appeared to be going with Joe.

No new posts 23-09-2011 21:39 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

It took a couple tries, but I fnally got the first one working. I didn't care for their appearances and I know it was concept, but the look sucked.

I liked the last one: their birdstyles, the action, even Jinpei trying to eat ice cream through his visor. Doesn't do much good liking, though, when its over.

No new posts 23-09-2011 21:54 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Parts of the first one looked more like concept footage. What I heard of the dialogue did suggest they were changing the team's origin. Although 'Doctor Superfly' did sound like the sort of snarky thing Joe would say -- just not about the man who raised him.

Notice they went with the leather-jacket-and-no-shirt Joe in the brief restaurant scene? (Let's not get into Jinpei.)

I like the costumes in the teaser. You can see the originals in them. Still think Jun should be upgraded from a sleeveless minidress. Although a Galactor mech doesn't look like such a threat if they can take it down with their hand-weapons.

No new posts 23-09-2011 21:55 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  9  10  [11]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (11): « first ...  « previous  9  10  [11] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: