Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Imagi News
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (11): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  5  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Imagi News
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

FWIW, it sounds like Imagi wants to stay alive, and that it wants to make more films. I think there *is* still hope... but not a lot.

I suspect there's a better chance of Imagi selling off their Gatchaman rights and someone else doing the movie, especially with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom doing well right now.

And I didn't know that Imagi used to manufacture CHristmas trees! Scary.... Eek4

No new posts 10-02-2010 00:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
I suspect there's a better chance of Imagi selling off their Gatchaman rights and someone else doing the movie, especially with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom doing well right now.

I think that that's the most realistic prospect! I'm sure that some new interest in the Tatsunoko characters is arising due to the game. There's nothing left for us to forget the movie for some time and cross our fingers at the same time with the hope that, in some part of the future, we'll be able to raise our hopes again!

No new posts 10-02-2010 07:44 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
green green is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-11-2009

spacer

Well, we've only waited 37 years - what's a few more? Sad2

No new posts 10-02-2010 07:55 green is offline Send an Email to green Search for Posts by green Add green to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by green
Well, we've only waited 37 years - what's a few more? Sad2

Well, technically there was a Gatchaman movie in 1978, so it's only been 32 years. Wink

No new posts 10-02-2010 15:15 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
Y'know, that would be interesting, fic-wise. A Gatchaman story or two told from the Galactor point of view. Something to join TJ's 'It's Not Easy Being Green'.

Here is another story told after Galactor has won the war....

Ashes

No new posts 14-02-2010 00:41 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

I wish I'd known about this when it could still have done some good, but apparently over the last couple of days, the liquidation firm Brian Testo & Associates held an auction to clear out Imagi's L.A. offices, an auction which ended yesterday. The vast majority of the items that were sold were standard office furniture, desks, cubicle walls, a number of computers, printers, DVD players, monitors, and the like. Hidden among the items were more iteresting things, like the large Astro Boy in a tube that was displayed in the Imagi booth durring the 2008 Comic Con. There were also a scattering of Gatchaman-related items, including piles of promotional and concept artwork that we've never seen before.

Here's what they had:

Now, from the look of things, the vast majority of these items were actually "removed from the sale due to licensing claims," and as such did not sell. The only items that were sold were the two Joe posters, the Firebird poster, and the lot of hats, watches, and other promo gear. If you wish to look through the auction site yourself, it can be found here:

Imagi Auction

You can find the Gatchaman items by searching for Gatchaman or Removed From Sale.

James

No new posts 03-04-2010 01:16 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I noticed some copies of Alex Ross's work in there. Makes me wonder about the planning meetings.

Hm. Now, what?

No new posts 03-04-2010 01:40 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

Oh ... sigh ... that's the official end of it then, eh?

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 03-04-2010 01:44 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

I only hope that somehow that concept art does get released at some point.

But I agree with SJ - looks like it's over for Gatchaman movie.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 03-04-2010 01:53 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Wow, that looks great! Too bad they weren't for sale... Frown

Thanks for sharing with us, James!

No new posts 03-04-2010 01:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Oh, I just want to cry...very interesting pics, James!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 03-04-2010 02:42 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Thanks for posting this, James!

Even now, it's still interesting to see some more of their concept art.

I'm guessing this is Joe's, Jinpei's and Jun's vehicles. Very interesting that Jun's bike seems to only have one large wheel.

No new posts 03-04-2010 02:46 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Very interesting that Jun's bike seems to only have one large wheel.

I suspect that it, like so much of Imagi's designs, was inspired by the OAVs, where Jun rode a one-wheeled bike.

Even Joe and Jinpei's vehicles feel like variations of their OAV vehicles.

Heaven forbid that they be forced to try to make things look like they were inspired by that icky 1970s TV show when the OAVs and the NTT commercials were so kewl! The TV show look was just so...old!

James

No new posts 03-04-2010 04:41 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Thanks for sharing, James! This does leave a sad note, though!

No new posts 03-04-2010 18:32 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

Man, this sucks! I can't believe the movie isn't happening now! I was really looking forward to seeing it too expecting it to be one of the best action films I've seen in years.

No new posts 03-04-2010 18:59 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Wow... It looks like they were farther along with the pre-production than I thought. There was a lot more designs/promo material than I thought there would be!

How sad. Even if someone else did pick-up the rights, it looks like they'd have to start over from scratch.

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 03-04-2010 20:32 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

Just having another look - in the sketches for the OAV vehicles - interesting to see that the sketch of Jun on the bike that she's wearing the original birdstyle..

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 03-04-2010 20:36 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
FangJoker FangJoker is a Male

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-12-2009

spacer

Hi everyone! Gee It's been a long time since I logged in here, but anyways, here's some news on my part.

I recently talked to Felix Ip about James' images and the auction. I asked him if he can show us the same images but in better quality. He said he will, but only after resolving something about the rights, licensing and financial issues.

He's currently worried about the movie being picked up by a party who might ruin it due to lack of Gatchaman knowledge. He also promised us fans that once all catastrophe is all over, he'll let us know immediately.

PS: James' images, according to Felix, were the recent designs for the movie.

No new posts 04-04-2010 08:02 FangJoker is offline Send an Email to FangJoker Search for Posts by FangJoker Add FangJoker to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

Wait, so what you're saying is that Felix Ip said the movie is NOT cancelled?

No new posts 04-04-2010 08:08 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

What it means is that the idea for making the movie - with a lot of pre-production legwork - is out there. Nobody has picked up the option of making the movie.

It's never actually been cancelled - the studio to make it went bust and so it was shelved and remains so.

There are literally thousands of movies whose ideas have been shelved until somebody picks up the option to make it.

Unfoftunately, animated movies like Gatchaman don't really have a good track record for box office, and tht is the main reason that any studio will make it.

No new posts 04-04-2010 08:31 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  4  5  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (11): « previous  1  2  [3]  4  5  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: