Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 51 – Cataroller: the Revolving Beast
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 51 – Cataroller: the Revolving Beast
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Here's something fun.

When I started watching Guardians of Space, here's the first five or so eps I saw (blame CN for the viewing order:

The 'poisoned seas' ep

46) The Deadly Valley (#46 Gatchaman in the Valley of Death)

50) The Skeleton Curse (#50 Tracodon, the Dinosaur Skeleton)

51) Wheel of Destruction (#51 Cataroller, the Rolling Monster)

52) The Secret Red Impulse (#52 Red Impulse's Secret)

53) The Van Allen Vector (#53 Farewell, Red Impulse)

Yup, I never got much of a chance to work on the 'RI mystery' myself. Yet it did seem to me after 'Wheel of Destruction' that RI was the missing parent. I maintained a bit of skepticism until it was confirmed, tho; with a wonderfully complex storyline like the one GoS got from Gatch, who knew for 100% sure until it was confirmed?

Incidentally, the line the team speaks when they appear on the mansion is, "G-Force is here! So get ready!" At least they're aren't introducing themselves to an enemy who ought to know darn well who they are. I've wondered if they said it for the freakout-the-goons-factor.

And yes, Dr. Brighthead tells Ace that after he's done his current mission, his father would like to have a word with him. Ace is all, "My father is ALIVE!?!" as though part of him did believe the coverup. When Dr. B confirms, Ace runs off in what looks like a joyous burst of energy.

Dirk gets a line I really love when Ace runs off: "Let him go! I think he's flying too fast for us to follow!" And he has such a happy tone in his voice and a grin on his face. Animeclap

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 10-06-2010 07:53 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

When Cronus showed up on BotP, I knew he'd be important in some way. He had that 'Racer X' air to him.

(Whatever you think of the character, he's a handsome devil, isn't he?)

No new posts 10-06-2010 09:16 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
(Whatever you think of the character, he's a handsome devil, isn't he?)

Uh... no. I don't go for the Ricardo-Montalban-Columbian-drug-lord look. And I think we've mentioned before, but I'm also in the camp where I think those RI hats with the little grey flaps make it look like they all have granny hair. Wink

No new posts 10-06-2010 13:31 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
And I think we've mentioned before, but I'm also in the camp where I think those RI hats with the little grey flaps make it look like they all have granny hair.

Their hats are designed after the headgear worn by Japanese pilots in World War II. I too thought the design looked odd until I saw photos of the real hats, and realized that they really do look like that. I suspect that, if you or I had been raised in Japan, we'd have accepted them for what they're supposed to represent, and wouldn't have given it a second thought.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 10-06-2010 at 16:58.
No new posts 10-06-2010 13:55 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Their hats are designed after the headgear worn by Japanese pilots in World War II. I too thought the design looked odd until I saw photos of the real hats, and realized that they really do look like that. I suspect that, if you or I had been raised in Japan, we'd have accepted them for what they're supposed to represent, and wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Fair enough. We'd also have caught the reference to the Blue Impulse air team.

No new posts 10-06-2010 14:19 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

A little in-joke. I had wondered at 'Red Impulse.'

I'd thought of the samurai helmet when I saw their headgear again.

I still think he's a handsome cuss. But then, I also think Nambu's a hottie. (Yes, Ken and Joe, too.)

No new posts 10-06-2010 21:45 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: