Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 48: “The Camera Iron Beast, Shutterkiller”
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 48: “The Camera Iron Beast, Shutterkiller”
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

To be fair, generally Galactor does build things fairly quickly. They're coming up with a new mecha roughly once a week in the original series (since the run of the show roughly corresponded to 'real time') and that's not even counting any mecha that attack which are not highlighted in individual episodes.

Of course, another explanation could be that Galactor had numerous mecha under construction at any one time. So if it took a month to build a new one, they had four at various stages of work in progress at any given moment, plus the one that was currently being destroyed by the Team.

No new posts 11-06-2010 13:15 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As anyone who's read my AU knows, I've taken the 'multiple factories' route. Galactor has plenty of mecha in the wings, but nobody ever anticipated using them. This is my explanation for why the team initially doesn't have more trouble dealing with the machines and their crews. Until recently, it was all virtual-reality simulations and game-like scenarios. The SNT was something they never counted on.

Of course, just about everything on the show was plot-dependent at one time or another, including communications. Just think of the times the dialogue went like this:

Doctor Nambu or Ken: Get the team together.

The SNT Member Communicating With Nambu or Ken: Uh, {insert name(s) here} went on vacation.

Nambu or Ken: WHAT?

No new posts 11-06-2010 13:28 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: