Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Casting a Live Action Gatchaman Movie
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Casting a Live Action Gatchaman Movie
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2008

spacer
Casting a Live Action Gatchaman Movie Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My friends, who are all Gatch fans but don't have the nerve to join in this Forum, decided to pop their ugly faces at the convention hall yesterday and we had a pretty engaging talk on possible casting choices for a live action Gatchaman movie.

Somehow, it's unanimous. No one could see anyone else playing Berg Katse, but Tilda Swinton. Must be all those androgynous roles she played in the past.

Dr. Nambu...we're all partial to Ken Watanabe. There should be at least one Japanese cast member, although my friend Aya is partial to Gerard Butler. For the life of me, I couldn't picture Nambu as Scottish.

Ryu...sadly, no chubby guys came to mind. My friend Kat suggested Mark Addy, but...

Jinpei...well, we all wished that Dakota Fanning were a boy instead of a girl.

Jun...Can't think of any wide-eyed beauties except for Anne Hathaway. If she were younger perhaps...

Ken and Joe...Okay, this is were the conversation ended up in a full blown argument, simply because you have the Eagle faction (2), the Condor faction (2) and 1 neutral thinking that Ben Barnes of "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian" should play either Ken or Joe. He's "pretty" enough to look like Ken, BUT he's got Joe's chin.

SOOO...who are the actors/actress whom you think would play the Gatchaman characters??

In the meantime, I go to my lecture on "Global Warming: The Effects of the Environment on Health". Here's one scary thought. Just how sure are we that global warming is not a sinister plot of Galactor?

Sincerely,
Rory

No new posts 07-05-2008 23:02 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I think there is a similar thread somewhere with the same questions.

No new posts 07-05-2008 23:27 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Sorry for bothering everyone with this then. I'm at a convention right now and just made a quick post. I don't have the time to check all the threads, I'm afraid. Next time, I'll just keep quiet. Again, apologies for the bother.

No new posts 07-05-2008 23:35 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

I was thinking the same thing Met.
I considered looking it up and posting it. I may do, if I can find the time.

bolt

No new posts 07-05-2008 23:35 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Hmm, Ben Barnes. I hadn't given him much thought, other than to think he's too old to be playing Prince Caspian. You could be right about the chin.

No new posts 07-05-2008 23:50 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Rory
Sorry for bothering everyone with this then. I'm at a convention right now and just made a quick post. I don't have the time to check all the threads, I'm afraid. Next time, I'll just keep quiet. Again, apologies for the bother.

It's okay Rory, sometimes when you post stuff that may have done sometime before. I think I may have done the same thing.

No new posts 08-05-2008 00:29 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Hmm, Ben Barnes. I hadn't given him much thought, other than to think he's too old to be playing Prince Caspian. You could be right about the chin.

The chin.....hhhhhhmmmmmm maybe, just maybe.

No new posts 08-05-2008 00:29 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay I could not find the thread I was thinking of but here is one thread for who could play Joe

Casting for Joe

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 08-05-2008 at 01:28.
No new posts 08-05-2008 01:27 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ahhh, I found it. I just needed to find the correct word to search for.

more casting suggestions

No new posts 08-05-2008 01:35 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

i.models.com/oftheminute/images/2007/12/matt.jpg

I'm hoping this link works.... for some reason now, when I watch Criminal Minds, I think of Jinpei when I see Matthew.... at least when he's older.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 08-05-2008 13:56 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by gatchgirl
i.models.com/oftheminute/images/2007/12/matt.jpg

I'm hoping this link works.... for some reason now, when I watch Criminal Minds, I think of Jinpei when I see Matthew.... at least when he's older.

Oh, No!!!! Now I am going to have to watch out when I watch the show.
Hmmm, he definitely has the scruffy look doesn't he, and his character on Criminal Minds has the intelligence.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 08-05-2008 at 14:26.
No new posts 08-05-2008 14:26 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Yes along with the young boy look, even though he's older. I just googled him on you-tube and have found some rather interesting videos. Not sure all of them are true, but they are funny.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 08-05-2008 14:38 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:

Yes a bit smooth in looks for Joe...but he's a cutie!

No new posts 08-05-2008 22:48 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:

Its alright Rory! It makes us think about other people who might fit the roles! Sometimes people get a bit slow in posting, and this forum has lots and lots of threads...I overlook them sometimes!

I just did a bit of reading on him...in RL he sounds a bit more Condor in personality.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 08-05-2008 at 22:54.
No new posts 08-05-2008 22:50 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
quote:

Yes a bit smooth in looks for Joe...but he's a cutie!

But he certainly got Joe's jawline and chin right. My friend Aya is already calling Ben Barnes her "real life Joe."

No new posts 08-05-2008 22:55 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

Its alright Rory! It makes us think about other people who might fit the roles! Sometimes people get a bit slow in posting, and this forum has lots and lots of threads...I overlook them sometimes!

I just did a bit of reading on him...in RL he sounds a bit more Condor in personality.

Thanks, Ebony. I was rather embarrassed about it yesterday and almost decided not to post here again actually. Yes, I have to agree with you. I've also read some articles about Ben Barnes and he does possess a Condor personality.

No new posts 08-05-2008 22:57 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Nothing to be embarrassed about, Rory! There are so many posts, how can you be expected to keep up with the new posts and catch up with everything that has been posted in the past? animeyoyo

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 08-05-2008 23:06 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks, Ebony. I was rather embarrassed about it yesterday and almost decided not to post here again actually. Yes, I have to agree with you. I've also read some articles about Ben Barnes and he does possess a Condor personality.

In another forum that I am a member of, some poeple re-post threads or pics, heck I may have done the same thing myself. When I saw your post, it just reminded me of another thread which CD had put a link in.

I wonder if they use established actors for the roles or like Starship Troopers use brand new actors. Maybe for Katse, they could use Paul O'Grady. He's a British comedian and chat show host, who was the creater of Lily Savage.

No new posts 08-05-2008 23:17 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Actually, my friend Aya is already convinced that Ben Barnes is her "real life Joe". I could only shake my head. She just texted the above line to me again.

No new posts 08-05-2008 23:29 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
Rory Rory is a Female
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Nothing to be embarrassed about, Rory! There are so many posts, how can you be expected to keep up with the new posts and catch up with everything that has been posted in the past? animeyoyo

Thanks, Springie!

No new posts 08-05-2008 23:30 Rory is offline Send an Email to Rory Homepage of Rory Search for Posts by Rory Add Rory to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: