Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 93 – Counterattack! The Underground Torpedo Operation
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 93 – Counterattack! The Underground Torpedo Operation
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Gatchaman Episode 93 – Counterattack! The Underground Torpedo Operation Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Gatchaman Episode 93 – Counterattack! The Underground Torpedo Operation

We see a stormy sky, covered with dark clouds. But as we pull back, we realize that it is not a storm, but smoke from the destruction of the Crescent Base.

“The Crescent Coral Reef Base, destroyed by Galactor’s surprise attack, has sunk to the bottom of the ocean’s abyss.” the narrator tells us. “It has been the heaviest blow to Dr. Nambu and the Team since the beginning of their long war with Galactor.”

We see Katse’s triumphant image superimposed over the ocean waters.

“I finally did it!” Katse gloats. “I ripped out the heart of Gatchaman, and destroyed the Crescent Coral Base with my own hands! Yes! Oh yes…”

And as we move under the dark waters, we can see that Katse’s sea dragon mecha still lies in wait. Inside, Katse is planning his next move.

Is it just me, or does Katse want to be Captain Kirk?

A CotW walks up to Katse. He’s dressed in what is clearly a fish costume. Maybe his mission is to infiltrate the Daily Fish Parade? For good measure, ADV dubbed him speaking in a blubbery ‘underwater’ kind of voice.

“Berg Katse, we couldn’t find anything of use in the wreckage of the Crescent Base.” Fish Captain blubbers.

“I see.” Katse replies flatly. “Well, I suppose that can’t be helped, especially since the Crescent Base was obliterated.”

“Er… exactly, Sire!” Fish Captain replies nervously. “The fire…”

“I’ll report to Leader X immediately.” Katse says, walking out of the room. “I’ll bet I get an ‘atta boy’ this time!” I am ROFL 2 at this line! In the subs, it says ‘I bet I’ll be praised.’ I think I prefer the ADV version on this. Wink

“In the belly of a Galactor baby…” Katse begins singing and dancing. No, I’m not kidding.

“So, you’re saying the virtually invincible Science Ninja Team lie in a watery grave?” X asks, clearly suspicious of this information.

“You overestimate the power of the Science Ninja Team, great Leader!” Katse replies. “They’re only made of flesh and blood. They weren’t invincible after all.”

“Let me see your proof, Katse.” X still isn’t willing to take Katse’s word for it.

“I destroyed the base, what more could you ask for?” Katse gets snippy. “I should be praised, rather than berated with all these suspicions.”

“So, no proof them.” X surmises.

“Come on!” Katse screams. “Would it really hurt you to say, ‘Atta boy, Katse! Thank you!’ and give me a shiny medal or something?”

“I’m not convinced.” X snarls. “You’ve been wrong before.”

“Okay, then.” Katse sighs. “I’ll be sure to bring you proof that the Science Ninja Team is dead and gone. How’s that?”

“You have my leave.” X replies. So Katse does.

“The slightest compliment goes straight to his head!” X chuckles nastily. “Better to keep him angry.”

Now we see the sun setting, outside of Nambu’s villa.

“Meanwhile, Dr. Nambu and the Science Ninja Team, having retreated to cope with the setback of losing the Crescent Base, are lost in thought.” the narrator says.

“What should we do?” Nambu thinks to himself. “Even if I wanted to protect the colossal ISO, I don’t even have a means of communicating at this point.”

So this bothers me for a couple of reasons. First of all, ‘even if he wanted to protect the ISO’? What, suddenly Nambu doesn’t care about the ISO anymore? This seems out of character.

Also, why can’t he communicate? Doesn’t he have a transmitter, or a computer, or heck, even a phone at his villa?

“We have lost all of the data on the Mantle Project as well, along with the manufacturing plant of our Super Bird Missiles.” Nambu thinks sadly. He turns to looks at the depressed Team behind him.

“Joe, how many Super BMs do we have left in our arsenal?” Nambu asks.

Joe’s answer is visual.

No, he’s not giving Dr. Nambu the finger, he’s saying that there’s 1 Super BM left. Wink

“Hmmm…. I see.” Nambu sighs.

“So, Doctor, what do you think should be our next course of action?” Ken asks.

“There’s no question about it!” Joe snarls. “We just have to fight!”

“But with only one Super Bird Missile to fire?” Jun asks. Sheesh, Jun, it’s not like you can’t do anything else… sigh.

“Yeah, we won’t be able to crush Galactor’s iron mechas!” Jinpei adds.

Have these people completely forgotten about Science Ninja Technique: Firebird?

“Ah… game over, man!” Ryu moans.

“As long as I have arms and legs, I’m fighting Galactor to the end!” Joe declares angrily.

“I understand how you feel, Joe.” Ken says. “But we can’t defeat Galactor with just our bodies and will to fight.”

“We have to destroy them, somehow!” Ken pulls at his hair in despair.

“Well, then…” Joe smirks. “So much for all that talk of ‘wisdom and courage being all we need’.” Way to kick a man when he’s down, Joe.

Ken’s response is interrupted by a strange ringing sound. Why… it’s… a phone! Dr. Nambu can communicate with the outside world after all! Who would have thought? Doh2

“Yes?” Nambu says, answering the phone. “What? Galactor’s iron beast mecha?” He’s screaming by the time he’s done.

Everyone gasps in shock!

Sure enough, a new fish mecha is heading toward an unsuspecting seaside town. The fish opens its mouth, and missiles come shooting out. It’s not long before the buildings are all turned to rubble.

Katse laughs.

“Give the order to deploy, Doctor!” Ken demands, back at Nambu’s villa.

“That’s right!” Joe agrees.” We still have one Super BM, so let’s drop it on the mecha beast!”

Jun, Jinpei and Ryu stand up happily.

“Let’s go!” Ken calls, as they race out of the room.

“Hold it!” Nambu stops them. “I’m not prepared to give you the order to deploy for battle. You will all stand down.”

“But Doctor!” Ken is aghast.

“Galactor is attacking a city geared toward tourism,” Nambu explains, “which has no strategic value. It’s not our jurisdiction. We’re going to leave it to the UN Forces.”

“Doctor, are you completely out of your mind?” Ken’s not happy about this.

“Even if there’s no strategic value, there are 300,000 people in that city!” Jun says. And I’m impressed she knows this, because so far, I don’t even know which city it is.

“We can’t just let them die!” Jinpei insists.

“I think the Doc’s lost his nerve since we lost the Crescent Coral Base!” Ryu snaps angrily. Okay, IMHO that’s a bit too far, but I get that Ryu is emotional.

“We still have one Super Bird Missile left.” Ken repeats. “Give us the order to deploy!”

“I can’t do that.” Nambu mutters, refusing to meet Ken’s eye.

“Damn it, I’m going!” Joe says. “No matter what you say, I’m out of here!”

He moves to leave, and Jinpei follows.

“I’m right behind you!” he cries.

No new posts 13-09-2010 04:11 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

But Nambu presses a button. Joe sees a metal door descending and blocking his path. He stops suddenly, and Jinpei crashes into him.

Now maybe it’s just me, but it seems like Joe has plenty of time (with his ninja reflexes and all) to scoot under that metal door before it fully closes. But he doesn’t. Everyone gasps again.

They’re locked in!

Time for a yo-yo bomb, anyone? Blowtorch attachment on a cablegun?

“Doctor!” Ken cries. And Nambu’s finger is still resting on the red button.

“No, you will not deploy.” Nambu repeats. “Please understand.”

But it sure doesn’t look like they understand.

Now we see the aforementioned city in flames, as a tank rolls through.

“Alpha City was destroyed by Galactor’s attack.” the narrator informs us. “But timely action by UN Forces prompted the 300,000 citizens into an underground shelter, just in the nick of time.”

Wait a minute… I have to check… no, this isn’t BOTP. It’s Gatchaman. Amazing!

“Yes, just as I thought!” Katse raises a glass of wine to a screen showing the ruins of the city on fire. “No Gatchaman in sight! It’s irrefutable proof that they no longer exist in this world. X will see!”

“Ah, strawberry ripple….” Katse enjoys his wine’s bouquet. “Of course, even if they should appear, I doubt they could do any harm as ghosts.”

He drinks, but spits out his wine in horror as he hears a familiar whistle…

“Who’s that whistling?” he trembles, crushing his glass. He hides behind the table, raising his gun as someone approaches the door.

Katse gibbers in fear. The door opens, and… it’s Fish Captain!

“Permission to enter, Sire!” Fish Captain blubbers.

“You idiot! Why are you whistling during the operation!” Katse rants.

“Sorry, just celebrating our victory!” Fish Captain explains.

“What is it?” Katse snarls.

“Target completely destroyed, Sire!” Fish Captain replies, somewhat taken aback.

“Oh. Well, well done.” Katse replies. “Prepare the launch the next phase!”

“Sire!” Fish Captain salutes.

“Hmmm…” Katse wonders. “Even I’d say I’m crazy for fearing the dead Science Ninja Team, now.”

“Launch prep for underground torpedo X-1, complete!” a voice orders in a Galactor control room. “Launch signal check! Guided systems all clear! Automated course correction system activated!”

Hmmm… Torpedo X-1? Is that name a coincidence?

Katse oversees the launch preparations himself.

“Now launch the X-1!” Katse says. Judging by the high tech nature of his mic, I’m guessing that the X-1 is really something.

“Yes, Sire, launching the X-1” A goon replies. There are buttons numbered 1 through 5, in order, and he presses button 1.

The X-1 seems to be some kind of drill torpedo. It burrows through the ground, and up into… some kind of military installation. Needless to say, the personnel there are quite surprised by its appearance.

The military base is destroyed in short order.

“X-2 and X-3, missiles away!” Katse cries.

And the goon presses buttons 2 and 3.

More military bases get destroyed.

“What?” Nambu stands up, aghast as he hears the news. “The UN’s Beta Base was attacked? Gamma Factory too? You mean, there’s no sign of missiles or the iron beast mecha? Got it.”

Is it just me, or does Nambu have a pay phone on his wall? And I know, I’ve dated myself by even knowing what a pay phone is.

Nambu sighs, walking over to his desk and bringing down a screen. He talks to himself.

“They’re not attacking from the sky, nor from the ground. What is it?”

“Ah, I think I’ve got it!” he shouts suddenly.

Nambu’s metal doors rise, showing a despondent Science Ninja Team.

Ken turns away when he sees Nambu approach.

“All right, it’s showtime!” the Doctor says, ignoring his cold reception. No one seems to buy it.

“Come and look at this map.” Nambu says, unrolling it on a nearby table. And sure enough, everyone comes to look.

“We’ve determined their launch point, based on locations of bases that were attacked.” Nambu tells them, pointing at his map. “This is Galactor’s underground torpedo operation base.”

“That’s an international airport, Doctor!” Ken points out.

“Sounds like something Galactor would think of.” Joe says. “I say we go crush them now.”

“It’s payback for the Crescent Base, yeah!” Jinpei shouts.

“Hold, it, don’t be hasty.” Nambu cautions.

Awww, but they want to be hasty! Puppydogeyes

“Our goal here isn’t to destroy the enemy’s base.” Nambu says. “Listen, this operation is to sneak in and steal the data directly connected to their computer circuits, and find Galactor’s Headquarters!”

So it comes down to this. After 92 episodes of screwing around, they’re finally going to make a covert attempt to locate Galactor’s Headquarters. I think Ken likes this idea.

“Fortunately, Galactor thinks you’re dead.” Nambu reveals. “This is apparent from their attacks on strategically worthless targets in an attempt to draw you out. Now’s our chance! Let’s use your apparent untimely demise to gain the element of surprise! Prepare to launch the God Phoenix!”

“Roger!”

And the God Phoenix launches… but we don’t know from where. Yet it is in the sky, moving toward its destination.

Now we see the runway of an airport. It is night. Five familiar bird silhouettes are watching the activity there.

“This international airport was used as an airbase during the last World War.” the narrator explains. “But since its renovation, it has been used as a civilian airport.”

“Dirty, stinking, filthy terrorist scumbags!” Jinpei curses. “They only did that because we weren’t around to see!”

“Those sneaky bastards. “ Ryu agrees. “Where the hell could they be hiding?”

“Hey, what’s that building there?” Joe asks.

“That’s an old control tower over there that hasn’t been torn down yet.” Ken replies. “That’s odd… okay, let’s all go have a good look! Come on!”

Five shadows (and no, they’re all black, none of them are white) race across the airport runway.

They are in the path of a plane taking off! Poor timing, guys.

The dive to the ground, just as the plane lifts into the air.

Then continue running toward their goal. Soon they have arrived at the old control tower.

“Let’s go!” Ken orders.

With a cry, he breaks the glass, and the five of them enter. So much for stealth. Inside, everything is in ruins, clearly abandoned. Bats come flying out, startling everyone.

No new posts 13-09-2010 04:12 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

A swarm of bats pushes Jinpei out another window!

Nobody else is in a position to do anything about it!

“Jinpei!” Jun cries, as the boy falls…

“Jinpei!” Jun screams again, rushing over to the broken window.

Commercial Break! Solid Gold Ken looks all fired up!

When we return , the others leap down to see what has become of the Swallow.

It seems he has fallen through into another building. Of course, Ryu’s landing isn’t too gentle.

“Jinpei, where are you?” Ken calls.

“Big Bro, I’m here!” Jinpei calls, but visually, there is no sign of him. Suddenly, Jun realizes that he’s down the hole in front of her.

“Ken, he’s down there!” she calls.

“What?” Ken seems surprised.

“Wow, Jinpei, that’s quite a fall!” Jun says, amused. Jinpei’s wings are caught on an old aircraft.

“Hey, Sis.” Jinpei says, somewhat ashamed of his predicament.

“Hold on tight! I’ll come and rescue you!” Ken announces heroically.

“Bird run!” He jumps down, throwing his weapon. It knocks Jinpei off.

Of course, Jinpei slams down to the ground.

“Are you all right, little guy?” Jun asks worriedly.

“Yeah…” Jinpei moans.

“Well what do you know? Some forgotten, underground old hangar.” Joe notes.

“And I don’t see any way out of here, either.” Ken observes.

“Hey, there’s an empty space on there other side of this wall!” Ryu discovers, thumping around. “All right…”

He grabs a gun and starts banging at the wall. Don’t ask me where the gun came from. It’s not his.

“I’ll be done in a second…” he says. He creates a small hole, then peers through.

“Ah! I’ll be damned! There’s tons of torpedoes in there!” he exclaims.

“All right, Joe, take care of it.” Ken orders.

“Right on.” Joe agrees. He pulls out his drill bit attachment for his cablegun and makes short work of the wall.

Ken gasps when he gets inside.

It’s a ton of drill torpedoes!

“I wonder if these are surplus, from the last war.” Ken wonders.

“Don’t they look too new to you?” Jun is doubtful.

“Something fishy’s going on.” Joe agrees, as Ken inspects a torpedo.

“New model underground torpedoes with course correction systems!” Ken announces the results of his investigation.

“Then we get a chance to blow them up before they’re used!” Ryu says gleefully.

“Hold it, let’s think about this.” Joe cautions. “Listen, everyone, get out your mini-locators and hand them over.”

And everyone does. They each have one. Interestingly, these look just like the locator used at the Crescent Base to target Galactor’s missiles, except these have a blue button in the middle instead of a red button.

“Hey, Big Bro, what the heck is Joe trying to do, there?” Jinpei asks.

“I don’t know.” Ken admits. “Guess we just have to leave it to him.” Wow, Ken’s awfully trusting.

“You can’t always get what you want,” Joe quotes the Stones, “but if you try sometimes…”

“Hey, Joe, what’d you just do there?” Jinpei wants to know.

“Well, we don’t want these torpedoes to get lost like you, so I attached ID tags to them, is all.” Joe explains.

“Ryu, go to the airport control tower immediately and have all the people evacuated, got it?” Ken orders, much to Ryu’s surprise.

“Huh? You mean, you want me to go back?” Ryu asks.

“Come on, hurry up! Before anything blows up around here!” Ken urges.

“I thought for sure I’d be able to get in on some real action today.” Ryu moans. “Guess it can’t be helped.”

“We’ll steal the tape just as Dr. Nambu ordered.” Ken says, after Ryu is gone. “As soon as the opportunity presents itself. Got it?”

“Roger!” the others answer.

Meanwhile, Katse is having a good old time.

“Fellow Galactorites!” he announces, his words slurred, likely by the wine he holds in his hand. “Our years of struggle… rewarded! And the day has come for us to start our final operation to conquer the Earth!”

Interestingly, Katse seems to be holding onto some kind of data tape… dun dun dun!

“For this memorable celebration, our Leader has given me the tape, on which is recorded the final plans… everything!”

Oh, look, all of the goons get a glass of wine! How nice of Katse to share!

And some goons are starting their celebration a bit early… but notice the onlookers at the ceiling?

“The tape!” Ken whispers.

“We’ll know everything about Galactor’s Headquarters with that tape!” Jun exclaims.

“It’s explained!” Katse goes on. “On… this tape! What weapons are used… what countries to occupy… I want you to listen carefully!”

“Now, pay attention…” he slurs. But he is interrupted by a shout, leaving the tape hanging out of the player.

“Lord Katse, someone’s broken in!”

“What?” Katse can’t believe it.

“The wall of the torpedo hangar is ripped open!” a goon reports. “What should I do?”

“You idiot!” Katse rants. “What if it was one of our enemies’ secret agents? Find him and shoot him! Till he’s dead!”

“Okay!” A bunch of goons run out of the room. Katse can’t believe this is happening.

“Geez, bunch of boobs!” he complains. “That’s why I always get ripped by our Leader for everything that goes wrong!”

He slams down his wine.

“Sure, sure, Gatchaman’s dead, but it’s hard to go on when I’m surrounded by mental midgets!”

And Katse’s troubles are just beginning. The lights go out suddenly. The goons start mumbling.

“Hey, what happened?”

“Is it just me, or is it a little dark in here?”

“Hey, there’s someone up there!”

Everyone looks up toward the chandelier… but it’s dark!

“Someone turn on the damn lights!” Katse yells. Spotlights come on.

“It must be an enemy agent!” Katse cries. “Shoot them down!” And the goons open fire at the chandelier. The light fixture is destroyed, but there is no sign of anything else.

“Huh, no one’s there?” a goon is confused.

“He got away!” Katse is exasperated. “Hurry up and find him!”

“But Lord Katse, we haven’t even had or toast yet!” objects one goon.

“You idiot! There’s no time for that!” Katse screams. “Go find the intruder immediately!” Of course, everyone runs off, leaving Katse alone in the dark.

“Awwwwww, there may be a lot of them, but they’re all so shoddy.” Katse complains. “We can’t even have a frigging victory party!”

But just as Katse is about to taste his wine again, he hears a whistle…

“Is it my imagination, or am I really hearing Gatchaman’s whistling?” Katse mutters to himself. “No! No… it can’t be…I saw him die with my own eyes! Yes, I did…”

He pours himself another glass of wine, but his hands are shaking.

“Oh, a drink… yeah…” But the whistling starts again.

“No!” Katse drops the bottle. “You’re dead! Do you hear me? You’re dead!”

“Show yourself!” Katse screams, throwing his wine glass onto one of the goon tables.

Something rises from underneath the table, covered in a white tablecloth. Another… Katse is terrified.

No new posts 13-09-2010 04:14 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

“No! No!” he screams, as we see Ken and Jun’s arms throw off the tablecloths. “But, it’s impossible! You’re dead!”

“In order to destroy Galactor, the White Shadow came back from the darkness of the sea!” Ken declares. “The invincible Gatchaman!”

And Katse…. breaks down. He pounds the control panel behind him in despair.

“What the hell is happening?” he moans. “I’m dreaming? I can’t believe it!”

“What do you say we go over there and make a believer out of him, Team?” Ken smirks.

“Let’s go.” Joe agrees.

“So it was all just a dirty trick!” Katse suddenly realizes what’s going on. “How dare you, you filthy, rotten scum!” He slips a capsule out of his mouth…

“Die!” he shouts, throwing it at the Team. They scatter, avoiding the blast.

“Bird run!”

Ken’s boomerang hits the tape and knocks it out of the console. It clatters to the floor. Ken rushes toward it, but is stopped when he sees Katse pointing a gun at him.

“Don’t move, Gatchaman.” Katse threatens. “You made a fool of me, and you’re trying to steal the tape? Oh, you really go too far!” Um, this would be the time for Joe, Jun or Jinpei to intervene, don’t you think?

But they don’t. Ken is sweating bullets.

Suddenly, bolos and a yo-yo fly through the air! About time!

The bolos wrap around Katse’s hand as he reaches out, and the suction cup on the yo-yo snatches the tape away!

“Awesome!” Jinpei crows.

Ken jumps up, kicking Katse as he escapes.

Of course, Katse goes flying and just happens to open up a secret panel.

It shuts behind him, and Ken can’t get through. In fact, he gets knocked down by the other side of the door.

“Ken, let’s get out of here!” Jun cries, just as some goons arrive.

“There they are!” the goons cry, but Jun sends them a yo-yo bomb.

“We almost captured him! Berg Katse!” Ken is angry. He pulls minibombs from his belt pouch, then throws them at the control panel, which explodes.

And it’s a fight, as more goons arrive!

This fight in the dark is pretty cool.

Jinpei has fun with it.

The Team escapes, throwing more minibombs behind them. Meanwhile, Katse is escaping too. He takes a circular glass elevator to the Bridge of a mecha, where Fish Captain is waiting.

“Damn Science Ninja Team!” Katse curses. “How much more of the Devil’s luck do they have? Captain, blow this base up, after firing the underground torpedoes! We’ll blow up the whole airport if we have to!”

But Ryu has things well in hand. He’s in the real control tower of the airport.

“Emergency, emergency!” he calls on the airport’s loudspeaker system. “Evacuate the airport, and I mean fast, people!” Wow, Sandy Frank’s people must have loved this!

“Get out! Run! Remain calm!” Ryu cries. Of course, people are ignoring this last instruction and leaving in a panic.

Having escaped the base, Ken contacts the Owl.

“Ryu, launch the God Phoenix and make it fast!”

“10-4!” Ryu agrees.

“Prepare underground torpedoes!” Fish Captain is giving his own orders.

The fish mecha sprouts wings, and rises out of a hangar. The Science Ninja Team are shocked by its sudden appearance!

They race over to where the God Phoenix is speeding down the runway.

The flying fish mecha comes in for an attack.

But Joe is ready.

Is it just me, or is the arrow pointing away from the red button?

“Joe, there’s only one Super Bird Missile left.” Ken reminds him. “Let’s do it!”

“I hear you.” Joe smirks. “Ryu, get up as close as possible to that big ugly mecha!”

Hey, Joe’s belt has reversed too It’s not just the arrow!

“Gotcha!” Ryu cries.

“Lord Katse, the God Phoenix approaches!” a goon on the mecha reports.

“So the God Phoenix survived too? Blow them out of my sky!” Katse orders.

The fish mecha opens its mouth and starts shooting missiles.

Which Ryu avoids.

“Come on, fire!” Ken is impatient.

“Not yet!” Joe replies. As we all know, the Condor is a craftsman, and take pride in his work.

“Now!” Joe slams his fist down, firing the last Super Bird Missile.

Needless to say, it surprises the goons inside the fish mecha.

The goons are running away in fear, only to be confronted by Katse.

“Hey!” Katse cries. “Where do you think you’re going?”

“The Engine Room…” a goon gibbers. “A missile hit it… what should we do, Lord Katse? What should we do?”

“Idiot!” Katse kicks the goon. “They always make it seem like a dud, but it’s set on a timer! If you disarm it right away, it won’t explode! Get over there! Go on!”

Meanwhile, on the God Phoenix…

“Joe, a timer shouldn’t take this long!” Ken berates the Condor. “Do you think it’s a dud?”

“It’s possible.” Joe replies cryptically. “Just keep your hat on and see what happens.”

Meanwhile, the goons are working on disarming the Super BM.

But we can see that on the underside of the Super BM is a locator… and it’s emitting a frequency…

Four underground missiles turn away from the airport, and start heading toward the fish mecha.

“Lord Katse!” calls a goon. “What do you think is going on? The underground torpedoes aren’t heading toward the airport, they’re heading toward us!”

“Don’t tell me that now!” Katse screams, smashing the goon into his control panel. “Do something! Turn it around!”

“I tell you…. retreat!” Katse screams, running off.

“It won’t work, Sire, it’s too late!” the goon calls after him.

The tail shoots off of the fish mecha, just as the four underground torpedoes approach…

The fish mecha dives into the water, where the four torpedoes eventually catch up with it.

Joe appears pleased. Heck, he looks like he needs a cigarette!

“We did it!” Jinpei shouts. “That’ll teach those goons!

“Pretty groovy thinking with those mini-transmitters, Joe.” Ken admits.

“Phew! For a moment there, I thought I was going to have to get nervous!” Ryu sighs in relief.

No new posts 13-09-2010 04:16 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

“We’ve now used up the Super Bird Missiles.” Joe says, returning to his seat. “If I could have, I would have fired it right at Katse himself!”

“I know, Joe, but at least we got the tape!” Ken replies. “This ought to be enough to cheer the Doctor up pretty well.”

And so, back at Nambu’s villa, Nambu plays the tape, while the Team watches.

“Thanks to your hard work, we’ll finally find Galactor’s Headquarters!” Nambu declares.

But as the tape plays, it sounds distorted…

“This tape will self-destr…” It begins to smoke, much to everyone’s astonishment.

“We were tricked again!” Ken growls, as the tape is destroyed.

Well, I guess it’s only fair. Remember the episode where Katse was trying to listen to Borombo’s tape and it was erasing as it played?

Their last stronghold, the Crescent Coral Base, was destroyed. Dr. Nambu and the Science Ninja Team now struggle hard to regroup from that blow. But in their eyes, their pledge to destroy Galactor burns as bright as ever!

No new posts 13-09-2010 04:17 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

BOTP Episode 62 – Save the Space Colony

It looks very peaceful down here, beneath the waves, at Center Neptune, but, as defense coordinator for G-Force, Zark is always on the alert for sneak attacks by enemy aliens from outer space.

Just look how ‘alert’ Zark is with his oil can!

“Ah, that really hits the spot!” Zark sighs happily as he oils his antennae. Yep, he’s lubing the same part of him that gets an erection when Susan calls. Doesn’t it make you just Puke2 to think about it?

“It may not look as though I’m on the alert right now, but I keep my sensors sharp, even while I take a ten second oil break.” Zark informs us.

“Princess brought me back this vintage 10-4 from Venus!” he brags. “It’s wonderful! It has that smooth body you only get from imports.” Erm2

And now, Zark presses a button, and a book comes down a tube in the wall. He grabs it when it comes out a slot next to him.

“I’m brushing up on the history of Planet Pluto.” Zark says. Gee, does that history include how the scientists declared it wasn’t a planet anymore? And also, presumably, how it regained this status?

“That’s where Susan is stationed.” Zark reminds us. “She’s my counterpart who watches over the Early Warning System and alerts us to invasion. Did you know Pluto is 3,666 million miles from the sun? 40 times as far away as Earth!”

Okay, I had to check. I looked it up to see if Zark was right. Here’s what WikiAnswers says:

The orbit of the dwarf planet Pluto is quite eccentric, meaning it's more of an oval than a circle. It actually comes "inside" the orbit of Neptune for a part of its orbit. Pluto's orbit is described this way:
Aphelion (farthest distance) - 7,375,927,931 km (49.30503287 AU)
Perihelion (closest distance) - 4,436,824,613 km (29.65834067 AU)
Note the broad difference in the two figures.

The average distance is about 5,906,376,272 km (3,670,052,070 miles or 39.48168677 AU).

So, on average Zark is pretty close. Amazing! A basically correct astronomical fact from Zark!

“That’s really far out!” Zark exclaims. “And… so is Susan.” Speaking of which, there’s an incoming transmission…

“7-Zark-7. Is that you, Susan?”

“Yes, Zark, I have a red alert!”

Zark slides off of his oil-changing platform and has a well-lubed antennae erection.

“A mysterious UFO seems headed toward Planet Zeebor,” Susan reports, “where the Space Colony is located.” Now this seems strange. She’s talking about it like it’s the only space colony. Surely there must be others?

“I’ll get my scanners right on it!” Zark assures her. “Thanks for being right on top of things, Susan!”

“It is… my pleasure… Zark…” Susan breathes huskily. She sounds like ‘being on top of things’ has a smutty bent. Eewwwww….

“Well, well, let’s see what’s going on in outer space!” Zark says cheerily.

“Susan was right!” Zark exclaims, looking at a picture of the galaxy on his monitors. “My telecom is tracking that UFO straight to Planet Zeebor and the Space Colony. This could be very serious! I’d better alert security at once!”

Now we see a sky filled with dark stormclouds, with a bit of sunlight peeking through.

“I seem to be picking up something deep beneath the ocean of Zeebor.” Zark says. “I’d better alert the Space Colony, so they can get to their bomb-proof shelters, in case that UFO is coming from You-Know-Where!” What, is it coming from Voldemort’s home planet?

We see an image of Zoltar superimposed across the waves.

“My day of victory draws near!” the image laughs. “Soon, I shall use my newest weapon to demolish the Space Colony built by Earthlings! This is the start of the great Spectra offensive, in which we shall capture every planet in the solar system, and then the entire Milky Way Galaxy!”

The scene pans down to a large sea dragon robot beneath the water, and we see Zoltar sitting inside, doing his best Captain Kirk impression.

“Beware, Earthlings, your time has come!” Zoltar sneers, as Fish Captain approaches.

“The moment you have been waiting for has arrived, Zoltar!” Fish Captain confirms, in a bit of a deep, growly voce. No blubbery fish/underwater noises at all.

“The Luminous One requests your presence.” Fish Captain explains.

“Prepare your men and equipment, Pesca!” Zoltar orders. “I go now to receive the blessing of the Great One.”

I’m wondering if the name ‘Pesca’ is meant to relate to the Spanish word for fish, which is ‘pescado’.

“Fa la la la la la al! Tra la la la la la la!” Zoltar sings and does a happy dance on his way out. I guess he’s excited to receive the Luminous One’s blessing!

“You have done well, Zoltar! I am pleased with you!” the Luminous One says. “Is everything in readiness for the attack on the Space Colony?”

“Your loyal servants have done as you demanded, Great Spirit.” Zoltar replies. “The attack will commence as soon as you give us the order!” He pounds his fist into the console.

“You are certain Center Neptune knows nothing of our presence?” the Luminous One asks.

“Positive, Magnificent One!” Zoltar answers. “There is no way their spy beams can penetrate the walls of this cave.” Except… Susan saw you on your way to the cave. Didn’t think of that one, did you, Zoltar?

“Then you have my permission! Attack!” the Luminous One orders. Zoltar leaves without another word.

Now we see Chief Anderson and the Team in a living room. Everyone looks glum.

“I’ve informed Chief Anderson about the Spectra activity near Planet Zeebor.” Zark voices over. “Now he has a very difficult decision to make!”

“Chief, aren’t you ever going to tell us what’s going on around here?” Mark asks plaintively.

“Before we get too old to do anything about it!” Jason adds.

“We’ve been here for hours, and you haven’t said one single thing about an assignment!” Princess notes.

“Could go… surfing!” Keyop burbles.

“I haven’t eaten anything for over an hour!” Tiny moans.

A strange ringing sound turns out to be the phone. The Chief answers.

“Anderson.”

“The attack on our Space Colony has begun!” Zark’s voice says. Everyone looks shocked, but I’m not sure how they’re hearing Zark’s voice through the phone. Maybe it’s a speakerphone and Chief Anderson is just holding it to his ear out of habit?

“Are you sure that all the people have been evacuated?” Anderson questions.

“All the people are safe.” Zark assures the Chief.

Now we see a giant fish robot approaching a city. The city is destroyed by its missiles.

“We caught them off guard!” Zoltar laughs.

Back on Earth, Chief Anderson hangs up the phone and bows his head.

“Come on, Chief, what was that all about?” Mark asks.

“I’ll tell you what that was about! One of our space colonies is under attack!” Jason says angrily, raising his fist. Ah, so there is more than one space colony!

“Let’s go!” Jason says, and everyone moves to run out the door. Too bad they don’t know which space colony it is!

“Stop!” Anderson calls. Everyone turns back in surprise.

“I’m afraid Jason’s right.” the Chief explains. “The colony on Planet Zeebor has been attacked.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” Mark demands.

“I know how you feel, and I feel the same way myself.” Anderson sighs, all bent over. “But you can’t go yet. That call was the bait. They’re waiting for you. It’s a trap.”

“We’ll just have to take that chance.” Mark says.

“Chief, our friends are up there! We can’t just sit here and do nothing!” Princess protests. “We have to help them!”

“Go by myself!” Keyop declares, without a trace of burble.

“No way we’re going to wait around here while Spectra’s trying to wreck the Space Colony!” Tiny adds.

Jason doesn’t say anything, but opens the door to leave.

“Go!” Keyop shouts, running after Jason. But Chief Anderson presses a red button on his desk, and a metal wall slams down, blocking Jason’s exit. Keyop bumps into him.

“What’s going on?” Jason asks.

“You’re grounded, G-Force.” Anderson declares. “At least, for now. We can’t risk sending you off to Zeebor. I’m sorry.”

Now we see a tank moving through the burned out Space Colony. We move in on the shelter where the citizens are hiding.

“At least the people had time to evacuate the city.” Zark voices over. “G-Force must be very upset. Not being allowed to go and help their friends! But the Chief is right! Zoltar may have attacked the Space Colony, just to trap G-Force!”

Commercial break!

When we return, Zoltar is watching the Space Colony burn on his monitors, and he raises a glass of wine in salute.

“A toast to the fall of another planet, and to the capture of G-Force when they arrive!” Zoltar says. “They will never be able to resist rushing to the aid of a stricken planet! My plan was truly a stroke of genius!” He drinks, but spits out his wine as he hears a whistle.

“That weird whistling… who could it be?” Zoltar wonders, as he crushes the wine glass in his fist. He hides behind the table, but we don’t see him with a gun.

The door opens and…

“Pesca reporting, Sire!”

“Never sneak up on me that way again!” Zoltar orders, despite the fact that Pesca was whistling and hardly ‘sneaking’. “Now make your report and leave!”

No new posts 13-09-2010 04:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

“The traps have been laid for G-Force! When will they come, Zoltar?” Pesca asks.

“Soon!”

“Good! There is no way they can approach this planet undetected!”

“Back to your post! I want no mistakes this time!” Zoltar commands.

“Sir!”

“Perhaps I should give G-Force a little more incentive to hurry them on their way.” Zoltar says to himself.

We see torpedoes being loaded into tubes.

“Load Ground Burrowers! Ground Burrowers loaded!” A voice comes over loudspeakers in the Spectra control room. “Awaiting instructions!”

“Execute at will!” Zoltar calls.

“Execute at will!” the voice repeats. So a goon presses a button marked 1.

A ground burrower approaches what looks like a military base. We see destruction of the base, but no people seem to be there.

“Battery One, continue to fire!” Zoltar orders. So the goon presses buttons 2 and 3. More buildings are destroyed.

“I know they’re taking a beating, and I don’t like it any better than you do, but unless I’m allowed to do this my way, I guarantee we’ll lose the entire planet!” Anderson says into the payphone in his office. He hangs up.

“How much longer can I wait?” he wonders. “By now, Zoltar must have relaxed his vigilance! And in all that confusion… it has to be now!” He looks up in shock.

“We can’t wait any longer!”

The metal door opens, revealing a depressed Team.

“All right, you’re headed for Zeebor!” Anderson tells them. “Let’s gather ‘round.” He spreads a map on a nearby table.

“If Zoltar is still waiting for you, and we must assume he is, he has to figure you’ll be landing where the Phoenix always does.” the Chief says, pointing at a spot on the map.

“It’s the only place we can land.” Mark says. What, an entire planet, and there’s only one possible landing site?

“There’s no way we can come in on the planet’s day side without him spotting us.” Jason adds.

“That’s why you’ll be coming in on the night side.” Anderson reveals. “No lights, no signal. Just a small strip with an abandoned tower.” Um… the Phoenix doesn’t need a strip to land. It can land and take off straight up and down, remember?

“You’ll have to do it all by feel, Team.” the Chief concludes. “It won’t be easy. You know how important this is. All I can say is, Godspeed, and good luck!”

“G-Force!”

Insert stock footage of the Team running down to the Phoenix hangar, boarding the ship, and launching the Phoenix from Center Neptune.

And now we get more stock footage, Sandy Frank style. A white dot moves through space. And we can see from their viewscreen that it’s the Phoenix!

“Thank heavens they’re finally down!” Zark says, as we see planes moving on a runway in the dark. “My Triaxial Synthesizers have been in quite a nervous state. I can’t stop worrying about them! Not that they’re safe, by any means, but at least they’re on the ground! Now the real work starts!”

“Doesn’t look like anybody spotted us, Mark!” Tiny says, as the Team stands in the shadows.

“No, we’d have heard from them by now.” Jason agrees.

“The abandoned control tower Anderson told us about!” Mark says, seeing the structure. “We’re going to need a home base. Maybe we can use that!” Um… couldn’t you just use the Phoenix? It’s right here, after all.

Everyone races across the runway to the tower.

“Watch the glass!” Mark says, shattering one of the broken windows.

“Bats!” Keyop exclaims in fear, as a ton of them come flying out. “Mark, Princess! Whoo! Whoo! Oh! Ah! Yeech!” And it degenerates into more nonsensical burbles as Keyop dances around, and eventually gets pushed out of the window by the bats.

“Fly, Keyop!” Princess screams, running to the window.

“I had to cut telecom communications, for security reasons.” Zark says, breaking into the scene rather abruptly. “And now I don’t know what happened to Keyop! But all the G-Force members have super powers. I’m sure he landed safely with his cape wings. I just hope he didn’t fall into a trap of some kind!” Yeah, because we have to be assured right now[ and can’t be left wondering if Keyop lived or died for the length of the commercial break.

And now we get our commercial break.

We return to… you guessed it… Zark pacing!

“I’m sure Keyop is all right.” Zark says. “He’s a sturdy little fellow! I just wish I knew for sure! What really puzzles me is why Spectra would want to invade that Space Colony! There are a number of other planets with a lot more to offer. I’ve just got to see what’s going on up there!”

Well, what’s going on is that the Team is jumping down to follow Keyop. Tiny doesn’t land too gracefully.

“Where is he?” Tiny asks, not missing a beat.

“Keyop, sound off!” Mark orders. “Where are you?”

“Here!” burbles come from a hole at their feet.

“He’s down there!” Princess exclaims in horror.

“Down in cellar!” Keyop cries.

“He’s hung up on something!” Princess gasps. Wow, she’s acting all terrified, like Keyop doesn’t get into this much trouble on a regular basis.

“Hang loose! I’ll cut you down!” Mark says, throwing his boomerang. He falls to the ground.

“Keyop, are you all right?” Princess says, coming to the boy’s aid.

“Hoo… been better.” Keyop replies.

“Hey look around! This place is an underground hangar!” Jason notes.

“Hangar I understand.” Mark replies. “Why underground?”

“This wall sounds hollow.” Tiny says, thumping on it. “Let’s see what’s behind it!” He pulls out a gun and thumps the wall, making a hole. He looks inside.

“Hey, there’s another room in there!” he exclaims.

“Another room?” Princess is surprised.

“Jason, get the drill.” Mark orders.

“Gotcha!”

Sure enough, Jason is able to drill an opening through the wall. Everyone goes into the other room. Mark’s jaw falls open when he sees all of the torpedoes there. They’re Ground Burrowers!

“This must be Spectra’s arsenal!” he deduces.

“It’s a great hiding place.” Princess says.

“Not for long! Let’s put this little hiding place out of business!” Mark suggests.

“Let me do it, Mark! I love fireworks!” Tiny grins.

“Hold it! Let’s not waste this stuff!” Jason says, holding Tiny back. “Maybe we can surprise Zoltar with a little present!”

Everyone pulls out a small device from their belt pouches and hands it to Jason. Jason affixes them to four Ground Burrowers.

“Flying hotfoot… for Zoltar!” Keyop burbles.

“You’re right, Keyop.” Mark says. “Good thinking, Jason.”

“Wait until he finds these babies trying to crawl into his lap!” Jason smirks.

“Like to be there!” Keyop burbles.

“If you were there, shorty, you wouldn’t have time to enjoy it.” Jason points out. “You’d be too busy pulling out splinters!”

“Okay, Tiny, stand by the Phoenix!” Mark orders. “We’re going to check and see what else might be down here.”

“I always miss the fun.” Tiny complains.

“It won’t be any fun for us, if you’re not standing by.” Mark points out.

“It’s not fair!” Tiny whines. “Princess can fly the Phoenix! Even Keyop! And Jason never gets left behind! It’s always me!” But he leaves.

“Now that he got that out of his system, shall we find out where this leads to?” Mark asks smugly. I guess Tiny is prone to these outbursts from time to time?

“Let’s go!” the other three shout.

Meanwhile…

“Men of Spectra, I ask you to join me in a tribute to the genius of the Great Spirit!” Zoltar calls, holding a wine glass in one hand and a data tape in the other.

“I hold in my hand a victory!” Zoltar explains. “His plan for the invasion of the solar system! Our long struggle with the Intergalactic Federation is almost over!” Um… how does conquering one solar system end your troubles with an intergalactic federation? There are many solar systems in one galaxy, much less multiple galaxies…

“Soon there shall be no Federation: only slaves for Spectra!” Zoltar goes on, not realizing that he’s being overheard by G-Force.

“Those plans...” Mark says speculatively.

“Mark, we’ve got to get our hands on that cassette!” Princess states the obvious.

“The fruits of conquest shall be ours, and you will all share in them!” Zoltar tells his men, moving to put the tape into a player on the wall. “The Luminous One demands loyalty!”

“Sir!” Zoltar is interrupted by a goon. “It’s an emergency, Sir! Somebody has broken into the arsenal!”

“Alert security! G-Force must have sneaked in unseen!” Zoltar orders. “Seal all exits! The rest of you, find them!” A bunch of goons run out.

“G-Force again!” Zoltar rants. “They are like smoke! They appear and disappear like ghosts! Why does the Great Spirit allow them to torment me this way? I must remove them, before they drive me to complete distraction!” Zoltar certainly sounds like he’s going crazy.

To add to his distress, the lights go out. Spotlights come on, all pointing at the chandelier on the ceiling.

“Get them!” Zoltar calls. “Whoever they are!” Um, didn’t you already figure out that G-Force had broken in?

“And bring them here to me, immediately!” Zoltar adds. The rest of the goons all run out of the room.

“It can only be G-Force.” Zoltar says. “But this time, they will pay for their arrogance, and pay dearly!”

Zoltar drinks his wine, but is startled by the sound of whistling.

“Who’s there?” Zoltar calls. “No one. There’s no one there! There can’t be anybody there! It is all my imagination! I am working too hard! I am beginning to hear things. No! Stay away! Whoever you are, stop that whistling! No, stay away!” He throws his wine glass at one of the tables below. A figure rises up from under the tablecloth.

“It’s a ghost!” Zoltar cries, terrified. The tablecloth figures (mote than one now) throw off their coverings.

“Have mercy on me! Mercy! I beg you!” Zoltar cries. “I will give you riches, but don’t take me!”

No new posts 13-09-2010 04:19 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

“So that’s the flip side of mighty, Zoltar! Afraid of ghosts!” Mark mocks him. “Well, your evil spirit can’t help you now!”

“G-Force!” Zoltar finally realizes what’s going on. “Will I never rid myself of these pests from Earth?”

“You can’t, so just hand over that cassettes and then surrender peacefully.” Mark demands.

“Fast!” Jason adds.

“The cassette? No!” Zoltar shouts. “But there is something I do want you to have!” He slips a pellet out of his mouth. He throws it at the Team, and there is an explosion. Everyone jumps away.

Mark throws his boomerang, knocking the cassette out of the player. It falls on the floor. Zoltar reaches, just as bolos and a yo-yo come flying out. The bolos snag around Zoltar’s hand, and the yo-yo grabs the tape. Princess reels it in.

Suddenly, Zoltar flies back, and through a wall panel. Mark is there, but unable to follow.

“Keyop has the cassette!” Princess calls.

“Princess, let’s redecorate this place before we go.” Mark suggests, pulling mini-bombs from his belt pouch. He throws them at the control panel, destroying it.

Meanwhile, Zoltar is boarding his fish mecha. Pesca is there waiting for him.

“Those miserable Earthlings! Once again, they have thwarted our plans!” Zoltar rages. “How can I explain this to the Great Spirit? He will think I have failed him! But this planet will pay the price! There will be nothing left here but dust!”

The G-Force Team leaves the control tower.

“All batteries, fire when ready!” Pesca commands.

The fish robot sprouts wings and takes off, crashing out of its hangar.

“Look, Zoltar is escaping!” Princess asps.

“Tiny, this is Mark!” the Commander calls into his communicator. “Let’s go, on the double!” Sure enough, the Phoenix comes down the runway to meet them.

“Those missiles you gimmicked, Jason,” Mark says, “when do you figure they’ll go off?”

“Not too long after they’re fired.” Jason says. “They’ll just turn around and head for home.” So why does he look like he wants to fire missiles from the Phoenix?

“Good trick, Jason!” Tiny says. He flies toward the fish robot. The fish shoots lots of missiles, but the Phoenix avoids them.

“Standby!” Mark calls.

“Ready!” Jason answers.

The Phoenix flies by the fish and turns around.

“I think it’s quitting time!” Mark declares. “How about we point this bird for home, Tiny?” Everyone looks disheartened, for some reason. Perhaps because they’re not going to stick around and make sure that Jason’s homing devices worked properly?

“Not yet, Mark.” Jason says, reading my thoughts. “I’d like to stick around until those missiles I rigged go off. By now, Zoltar should be getting suspicious.”

And sure enough, we see a device emitting a signal… well, we don’t know where it is, from the shot. But the Ground Burrowers respond and move toward it. Why, it’s the fish robot!

“The underground missiles are making a turnaround and will soon catch up with the Spectra ship.” Jason explains. And sure enough, this is what we see happening.

“Missiles approaching!” a goon on the fish robot calls. “Emergency! Emergency! Our own missiles are coming back at us!”

“Launch our escape ship!” Zoltar cries, and yep, a ship launches from the fish’s tail.

“Zoltar and his men got away, but they’ll lose their main ship.” Jason’s voice tells us, as we see the fish explode.

“Bullseye!” Keyop burbles.

“We’ve done it! The Space Colony is safe again!” Mark says.

“I don’t mind telling you, for a while there, I was really uptight!” Tiny says.

“I guess Anderson knew what he was doing when he stopped us from jumping the gun.” Jason admits. “This ought to make him very happy!”

“I’ll tell you what’s really going to have him jumping up and down!” Mark says. “These plans for Spectra’s invasion of the solar system!” He holds up the tape.

Now we cut to Anderson playing the tape.

“Do you know what this means? We have Spectra, right where we want them!” the Chief says. But as the tape plays, it smokes.

“Smoke! The tape’s on fire!” Princess shouts.

“It’s self-destructing.” Anderson says. He doesn’t sound too upset, but his face and posture suggest that he’s devastated by this turn of events.

“Back where we started.” Mark says.

“What a disappointment!” Zark voices over. “But I can’t forget the incredible job G-Force did in saving the Space Colony on Zeebor. And, while Zoltar did escape, I know G-Force will be there to meet him, if he shows up again, anywhere in the galaxy!”

And now we are back with Zark and Rover at Center Neptune.

“I wish I could go with G-Force sometime.” Zark says. “Blast off deep into outer space… far beyond Mercury and Venus!”

But Zark’s dreams are bigger than that!

“I’d like a showdown with Zoltar!” Zark declares. “If he tried to jump into his escape ship, I’d draw and throw!” And you know what he’s throwing, of course.

Yep, it’s his own Zarky boomerang!

The boomerang swings around the room, hitting Zark’s control panels with a clanking sound. Zark catches it as it returns.

“I’d cut his fuel lines like that!” Zark insists. “Then I’d capture the scoundrel, and bring him in for trial!” Dream on, Zark. I’d love to see Zoltar throw one of his explosive pellets at you! You’d certainly never be able to get out of the way fast enough!

“Wap, wap, wap!” 1-Rover-1 barks.

“You’re right, 1-Rover-1, I forgot.” Zark admits. “I get airsick when I fly higher than this room!” How does a robot get airsick? Wait, don’t answer that. I don’t think I really want to know.

“Ah well, I’m proud and happy to stay right here, and do my part for G-Force!” Zark salutes as the episode comes to a close.

No new posts 13-09-2010 04:20 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I think the scriptwriters were trying too hard to lay on the hoplessness. After all, Nambu's villa was the team's original base, and they were getting their weapons from somewhere before the Crescent Base was constructed.

For Nambu and the team to feel lost and hopeless is perfectly natural. They just took a tremendous hit, psychologically, with the destruction of the base. For whatever reason, they made it their sole source for everything. They have to have weapons made somewhere.

The tape: there was no reason for Katse to have a trick tape for the SNT to grab. Perhaps it was specially formulated to only operate in Galactor players. Use any other, and it triggers a chemical reaction that destroys it. Or something like that.

Feel sorry for the BotP folks a bit. They had this episode, and had to do something with it. For whatever reason, they didn't trim off the Purple Dude's happy-dance, so now we have Zoltar acting like a twit.

I'm a bit off right now. Fighting a cold. cough

No new posts 13-09-2010 09:18 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
The tape: there was no reason for Katse to have a trick tape for the SNT to grab.

But, remember ... Katse said that the tape had been given to him by Sosai X (how I don't know!) ... so, X, being skeptic of the team's death, right from the very beginning, and apparently not having enough faith in Katse's words and abilities, might have prepared an apposite tape, being fake or working only through Galactor devices, as you have said, UW, just in case, perhaps envisaging that that was the next thing the SNT would have aimed for if they were to be still alive! We couldn't know whether the tape had been functional, or not, even in Katse's hands, though, as it had been left hanging out of the player due to Gatchaman's intrusion! On the other hand, the thing I find strange, here, is how Ken had been certain that the data, which Dr. Nambu had required them to retrieve, had been, in fact, held in a tape!

BTW ... I wish you a quick recovery from your cold, UW!! ... handing you over an imaginary bowl of hot chicken soup! Huggles

TJ ... thanks a lot for another great recap, and for keeping me smiling while reading it! Your comments are as hilarious, and cleverly included, as ever!

This time, it is Katse who carries most of the comic relief upon his shoulders! His dancing, and drunk attitude, amuses me a lot, as does his chickening at every whistling he hears, and at every thought of Gatchaman's ghost!

As to the team's, and Dr. Nambu's, hopelessness, I too agree that it was a bit overstretched, even though their feeling somehow lost is most plausible, owing to the fact that the destruction of the Crescent Base had really been a huge blow, and that, as per Nambu's words, all of the data on the Mantle Project, together with the manufacturing plant of the Super Bird Missiles, had been lost! This wouldn't have happened if they could have used modern technology, or knew about backup systems instead of writing down data in books!

No new posts 13-09-2010 13:29 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I agree, Marie. We tend to forget how common it was to have 'only one copy' of something, in the days before backups were easily available. Nambu started at the beginning that half the data on the Mantle Project had been lost. Imagine: he's spent most of his adult life working on this, and Galactor has been destroying all of the installations that have been built as part of this project. But the loss of bases, while a blow, is still something that can be overcome, because Dr. Nambu always retained the data to build new ones... until now.

I'm trying to recall, but I believe they do get their hands on a few more Super BMs before the end of the series, so clearly the ISO is able to establish another manufacturing plant.

I actually like Zoltar's happy dance. Ot gives him a bit of personality. Wink

Hope you're feeling better, UW!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 13-09-2010 at 17:50.
No new posts 13-09-2010 14:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
“You can’t always get what you want,” Joe quotes the Stones, “but if you try sometimes…”

One of the best ADVisms, to me -I love this line!

quote:
“For this memorable celebration, our Leader has given me the tape, on which is recorded the final plans… everything!”

“We’ll know everything about Galactor’s Headquarters with that tape!” Jun exclaims.

“It’s explained!” Katse goes on. “On… this tape! What weapons are used… what countries to occupy… I want you to listen carefully!”

It just seems to good to be true...

I too am inclined to agree that the tape was a trap to lure the Ninjas out into the open if they were still alive and never had any real data on it, but what makes me speculate is whether this was solely Leader X's plan or if Katse was in on it too. Katse sure seemed terrified of "ghosts" and genuinely shocked and outraged when he sees the Ninjas are still alive, but then, for someone who seemed pretty drunk, he sure sobers up fast when the fighting starts, just happens to have one of his capsules in his mouth to create a distracting explosion, mere feet from a one-time-only revolving door... I don't know.

quote:
So, on average Zark is pretty close. Amazing! A basically correct astronomical fact from Zark!

I don't blame you for checking, considering all the scientific misinformation that robot is guilty of dispensing!

quote:
“I seem to be picking up something deep beneath the ocean of Zeebor.” Zark says. “I’d better alert the Space Colony, so they can get to their bomb-proof shelters, in case that UFO is coming from You-Know-Where!” What, is it coming from Voldemort’s home planet?

I eagerly await your BOTP/Harry Potter crossover fic! Wink1

I was quite surprised back in episode 48 when Ryu pulled out his gun -he practically never uses it. I guess he considers his strength his primary weapon. In that ep, it even had a cable feature like Joe's gun (so that he and Joe could both latch onto the shutterkiller mecha as it escaped the exploding base and get a ride, and take Ken with them by each holding one of his arms.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 13-09-2010 at 16:15.
No new posts 13-09-2010 16:11 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm sorry, but no BOTP/Harry Potter crossover fic will be forthcoming from me. I have enough to worry about without all of the Harry Potter fans going wild because of what I've done to *their* characters! ROFL 2

I agree, the tape seems too good to be true... but I honestly don't think Katse was in on it. I suspect he was drunk, but his incredible instinct for self-preservation caused him to sober up fast. And he clearly recognized that even though the Science Ninja Team might be 'gone', there were other forces still out to get him. So it makes sense that he would have continued his habits of holding a capsule in his mouth, and creating secret escapes in his bases... after all, it has been these habits that have kept him alive, and the ninjas haven't been 'gone' for all that long.

I think the explanation of the tape being rigged to self destruct if it was not in a specific Galactor player is far more likely.

As for the ADVism... i can see Joe being a Stones fan. He even has Mick Jagger's hair! Silly

No new posts 13-09-2010 16:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
nuni nuni is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-09-2009

spacer

Thanks for another great recap TJ.

I, too, agree with everyone that the tape could have been a clever bait arranged by Sosai X to capture the SNT. I think he belived they were still quite alive, despite what Katse told him.

Katse's reaction to the whistling - very funny! But when did the whistling become the call sign for Gatchaman. Does anyone know when Ken (or the SNT) first used it?

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
I'm a bit off right now. Fighting a cold. cough

Feel better soon, UW. Being sick is no fun.

No new posts 13-09-2010 16:59 nuni is offline Send an Email to nuni Search for Posts by nuni Add nuni to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Another great recap! Thanks TJ! I always did like this episode. Not sure if it is my favorite, but definitely up towards the top.

I had the same thought as Marie while reading -- X has used Katse's hubris before, it would only be natural for him to set him up knowing the team would get the tape before Katse could play it.

No new posts 13-09-2010 17:04 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by nuni
Does anyone know when Ken (or the SNT) first used it?

I don't recall the first use, but I know that Ken used it in episode 39 (Jigokillers) when lying in wait fr the Galactor soldiers who had been following him.

No new posts 13-09-2010 17:49 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I think more whistling in The Daring Mini-Submarine. Maybe Come Back! Boomerang.

No new posts 13-09-2010 18:57 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

I think James had a post on it somewhere. Probably in one of the reviews.

No new posts 13-09-2010 19:18 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: