Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rant! » Coo-oooold!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Coo-oooold!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Victoria Victoria is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-10-2011

spacer
Coo-oooold! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's so cold, cold, COLD! Holy Puffball. It's -25C at our place and it feels like the hell froze over. Everything is slippery, even the fog is frozen. You can see them little ice crystals of air humidity, floating around, and though that might look sort of pretty, it's just too cold for anyone to care. Even the cat is too cold to go and see the ladies. Why does it have to be so cold? ;_; Damn February. Does the weather not understand that we do not live in Russia?

tl;dr What are your opinions on this winter?

My fanart is here

No new posts 03-02-2012 03:54 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

ITA.. woke up to a fine dusting of snow this morning! A few people on Facebook have been saying they've seen snow over the past couple of days but I must have blinked and missed it. Have to conceed that they're right now

No new posts 03-02-2012 07:51 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

For us it has been strangely, weirdly, warm...mother nature is toying with us, and I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, as in ice storms in May..

No new posts 03-02-2012 11:24 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

It's been unusually warm in my part of the world, too. In January, we've even had a few days of thunderstorms and tornadoes!

No new posts 03-02-2012 13:18 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

We're experiencing some very unusually mild weather for this time of year. Normally we'd be in the temps that you're describing, Victoria .... I think this winter we've only had two or three days that I would call bloody cold...

I'm completely enjoying the mild weather, actually. I hate frozen temps.

...Of course, this means that we will pay for it later. I don't wanna know what Mama-Nature will put upon us Torontonians for giving us such a pleasant winter.

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 03-02-2012 15:14 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I'm supposed to be wearing my sweats, along with blankies and cats, to keep warm! Not sitting here with a T-shirt on!

No new posts 03-02-2012 19:58 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It's not unusual for us to have this sort of temperatures. In fact, about 20km up north-east in the mountains they are even worse off with frosts of up to (or I should rather say down to) -35. But apparently we just had one of the warmest winters since 1934 and suddenly, within the span of few days, the temperatures just took this huge nose-dive. (along with my health)
Cold cough

But anyways, this week I had morning shift so I had to leave home at 04:55 while it was still dark outside. Frozen mist reflected the light of street lamps and it made these really impressive, searchlight-like columns, shooting straight up in the sky. It was pretty cool to look at. snowing

That said, autumn is still by far my most favourite season.

My fanart is here

No new posts 03-02-2012 20:06 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I feel for you, Victoria. I hate the cold. Sending you warm thoughts.

No new posts 04-02-2012 01:00 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

It's been raining all day where I'm at -not winter-like at all. I think I'm a rare weirdo in that I like cold and snow, or at least I like it a lot better than hot weather -that I don't like much at all.

I've read about there being some deaths related to the extreme cold in Eastern Europe lately -I'm so sorry about that! It's sure not good when extreme cold or hot weather hits an area where people aren't used to it or expecting it. Hope it warms up for you soon, Victoria!

No new posts 04-02-2012 23:10 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

K...winter has arrived. Snowy, cold crusties outside everywhere...And to think I had the windows open a few days ago.

No new posts 10-02-2012 22:56 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That's what drives me crazy. 60 one day, 35 the next. Weather, make up your mind!

No new posts 11-02-2012 00:23 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

amen

No new posts 11-02-2012 00:25 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The forecast forecasts temperatures going down below -30C. Yay. And we don't have central heating, just electric heaters and a stove, so I have to keep carrying loads of firewood. The temperature in my room hovers around 10C. dying Damn this winter already... well, at least I am well-stocked on wine and I'm writing a summer-themed fic to keep me warm (though I'm about to finish).

My fanart is here

No new posts 11-02-2012 03:50 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Victoria
and I'm writing a summer-themed fic to keep me warm (though I'm about to finish).

Sending you warm thoughts, and I can't wait to read the fic! Let us know when and where you post!

No new posts 11-02-2012 14:21 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

We finally have some winter temps this weekend...after having spring-like temps all winter!
I like the cold weather- it's a good excuse to cuddle. ;-)
Hmmm...I could use a good Eagle or Condor right now!

Stay warm, Victoria!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 11-02-2012 14:43 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Same goes for us in Belgium. Very mild winter except for one day of snow in December, and then suddenly.... -15C. But, like LB, I like the snow and cold. I've lived in Bosnia, where it can be (and was) -30, and I recently read that it's like this, this winter also.

On the plus side, in Brussels it's been two weeks of perfect sunshine, not a cloud to be seen! snowing

No new posts 11-02-2012 15:21 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Colder for me today too! 16.2F or -9 C.

Not -30 C yet though!

quote:
I like the cold weather- it's a good excuse to cuddle. ;-)

That's definitely one of the perks! However, my cat thinks this way too -determined to have a human lap to sleep on.

No new posts 11-02-2012 15:53 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
and I can't wait to read the fic! Let us know when and where you post!

Just finished. I'll post it on Gatchfanfic. As for when, I need to proofread it as well, which means reading it at least three times. It's got 20pages, so i guess that ought to keep me warm... It's titled 'Something Beautiful in Your Heart'.

quote:
However, my cat thinks this way too -determined to have a human lap to sleep on.

Recently my cat started to sleep with me under the covers. He's huddled against me only with his nose poking out. So cute... Cats are the best.

A well, time to continue with the House of the Lost...

My fanart is here

No new posts 12-02-2012 02:59 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Victoria

Just finished. I'll post it on Gatchfanfic. As for when, I need to proofread it as well, which means reading it at least three times. It's got 20pages, so i guess that ought to keep me warm... It's titled 'Something Beautiful in Your Heart'.

Love the title. Let me know if you want another set of eyes to look at anything...just finishing up a friend's novel...and next week's prompt has me running (and writing) in circles, so the distraction my help my own writing struggles.

quote:
cats are the best
They most certainly are...I miss having one.

No new posts 12-02-2012 03:10 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Exalted Member

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

The weather really doesn't like me.

So okay, those weekend frosts weren't so bad as predicted. But this morning I woke up, lit fire in the stove and opened the door to fetch some firewood. And I went &!"(@$. We had about 40cm of snow overnight, the whole house was snowed in, strong winds are blowing, so the first thing I had to do instead of having some coffee was getting in my snow gear, grab a shovel and shovel away. The best thing is that though I did manage to make a nice little path, with the winds being how they are, it'll last about half an hour. T_T

Damn you, winter. Damn you.

My fanart is here

No new posts 15-02-2012 07:17 Victoria is offline Send an Email to Victoria Homepage of Victoria Search for Posts by Victoria Add Victoria to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: