Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Welcome K2P2!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Welcome K2P2!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Welcome K2P2! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

K2P2 is a new member who introduced herself via a post in one of the Bradbury's Jar challenges.

Tell us a little about yourself, K2P2! How did you come to Gatchaman? Many of us here started with BOTP, but there are others who saw Gatchaman first, or were introduced through G-Force, or even Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Who is your favorite character(s)? What's your favorite incarnation?

Pull up a chair at the Snack J and fill us in!

No new posts 11-01-2012 18:38 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Once again Welcome K2P2.

I would love to know what your name is in reference to. Or am I being particularly dumb in not understanding the reference?

No new posts 11-01-2012 18:50 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Glad you've joined! Flower You're going to have fun here!

No new posts 11-01-2012 19:14 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I'm guessing your name's a reference to knitting?

Welcome! Wave2

No new posts 11-01-2012 19:43 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

ooooh, you could be right LB. And here I claim to be a knitter.

No new posts 12-01-2012 00:30 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I don't knit at all, but my mother does.

No new posts 12-01-2012 00:54 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Greeting! Sorry so late to the party after the hurried rush to get things down from the prompt jar, but when the muse bit that hard, I just had to listen...that and I am experimenting with some new ways of writing just to be able to get things down and then worrying about connecting the whole thing later.

I came to Gatchamania through some google searches I believe, but originally saw the show as Battle of the Planets in the late '70's. It was later in college in the eighties, I believe, that I heard about how the series was redone from the original Gatch...and after reading all the WONDERFUL episodes posted in the archives, I hav-ta say that the original is my favorite, sorry Kasey Kasem, but I knew you from America's Top 40's first...

Favorite character? Can't really say. I like them all, but I also like to tinker with them. In the fic I posted, Jinpei is 13 so that would put the rest of the team in their twenties, I believe.

And yes, Clouddancer, K2p2 is in reference to knitting, a nice stable Knit two, purl two rib, like what you would find on a mitten cuff.

No new posts 12-01-2012 01:05 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you k2p2. I COULD claim that I didn't get the reference because I have been crocheting recently rather than knitting.

But my mind was trying to make links to K2 mountain references.

No new posts 12-01-2012 01:10 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

K2P2, your story is so similar to mine. I grew up with BOTP, then learned about Gatchaman as an adult. Suddenly it all made sense! Big Grin

While BOTP has a sentimental place in my heart, Gatchaman is number one for me.

I agree, it's good to just be able to get your ideas down. It's so much easier to work with them when they're already on paper/computer file. Once that's done you can start editing.

No new posts 12-01-2012 01:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Welcome, K2P2!!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 12-01-2012 03:00 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Hi k2p2, glad you found us! hope to see you joining in with the other threads too, we certainly have lots of fun.Animehello

No new posts 12-01-2012 07:42 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

welcome K2P2! It's great to have you here! My story is the opposite, since I've known the original Gatchaman during my childhood and it's only now that I'm becoming a bit acquainted with BotP through this site! What's on your same lines, and of many others, is that I still prefer Gatchaman from BotP, hopefully without offending anyone!

Again, lovely that you've joined us and please don't hesitate to enter more into the ongoing discussions!

No new posts 12-01-2012 08:26 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: