Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Anime & Cartoons » Top 50 Saturday Morning Cartoons!!!!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Top 50 Saturday Morning Cartoons!!!!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Top 50 Saturday Morning Cartoons!!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

BOTP isn't on the list (probably because it was syndicated and not technically a 'Saturday morning cartoon) but Voltron is, along with a bunch of other good ones... and also some bizzare choices.

http://best.complex.com/lists/the-50-gre...orning-cartoons

No new posts 11-08-2010 18:48 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the lovely trip down memory lane, TJ! Although not having been necessarily "Saturday Morning Cartoons" for me, I've managed to recognise most of them, some others I've never seen!

No new posts 11-08-2010 19:01 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer
RE: Top 50 Saturday Morning Cartoons!!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
BOTP isn't on the list (probably because it was syndicated and not technically a 'Saturday morning cartoon) but Voltron is, along with a bunch of other good ones... and also some bizzare choices.

http://best.complex.com/lists/the-50-gre...orning-cartoons

My favorite cartoons ever!

1. BOTP!
2. Mazinger- Z
3. Capt. Harlock
4. Battleship Yamato
5. Robotech
6. Voltron
7. Speed racer
8. Candy candy
9. One called Remi OMG!!! that one used to make me cry & sob.
10.Tundercats
11. He- Man
12. Now Robot chiken
13. Deathlock
14. capt. Future
15. trigun
Other than that everything SUCKS!!! & GAY! 

No new posts 11-08-2010 19:05 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you TJ. I'm not sure how many of those I actually watched but I have heard about most of them.

No new posts 11-08-2010 19:12 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Some of them I had to wonder about... Hammertime? Mr. T? The best cartoons of all time? Really?

No new posts 11-08-2010 19:39 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Some of them I had to wonder about... Hammertime? Mr. T? The best cartoons of all time? Really?

No wonder stupidity is running wild on this generation. 

No new posts 11-08-2010 20:44 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
nuni nuni is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-09-2009

spacer

Anyone remember the cartoon olympics? The Scooby-Doobies, the Yogi Bearas and the Really rottens?

Not too sure about the names, but I LOVED this show as a kid.

No new posts 12-08-2010 04:28 nuni is offline Send an Email to nuni Search for Posts by nuni Add nuni to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

Can't look at the list right now, because I'm on my iPod, and I'm running Malwarebytes on my computer, so I'll look in the morning.

quote:

Are you freaking kidding me??

No new posts 12-08-2010 04:51 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by nuni
Anyone remember the cartoon olympics? The Scooby-Doobies, the Yogi Bearas and the Really rottens?

Not too sure about the names, but I LOVED this show as a kid.

Yes I do remember those... I loved watching that cartoon.

While I loved watching Voltron, I can't remember it ever being on saturday morning. I was also surprised to not see anything with Mickey in it, though I don't recall if I watched it on Saturday or another day.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 13-08-2010 02:01 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Wacky Racers was a favorite of mine. My father was a massive fan of Mutley (the dog sidekick of Dick Dastardly - and one was never quite sure who's side Mutley was on!).

And, of course, Janet Waldo provided the voice for Penelope Pitstop!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 13-08-2010 03:20 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, that and Starfleet X Bomber.

End of story.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 13-08-2010 08:01 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
nuni nuni is a Female
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-09-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn

I didn't know that! Penelope Pitstop was also a huge favorite of mine.

No new posts 13-08-2010 11:01 nuni is offline Send an Email to nuni Search for Posts by nuni Add nuni to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by nuni
quote:
Originally posted by Madilayn

I didn't know that! Penelope Pitstop was also a huge favorite of mine.

I didn't either. Speaking of Penelope Pitstop, Dr. Ashens pointed out one time:Why is Penelope Pitstop's nemesis called The Human Claw? He doesn't have a hood, and he doesn't have a claw. XD Sorry, couldn't help it. He did make a good point though.

No new posts 13-08-2010 13:32 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

Hooded Claw, and it was part of the schtick of the series. Not sure if it was supposed to be a homage to the 'Perils of Pauline' type serials that used to play in theaters. In the heyday of pulp fiction and the serials, there were a number of villains with goofy titles, capes, and masks. (I think that HC did have a fedora, mask, and cape, which is close enough.)

Name a Hanna-Barbera series before the 1980s, and Janet Waldo likely did vocals for it.

No new posts 13-08-2010 22:16 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
Name a Hanna-Barbera series before the 1980s, and Janet Waldo likely did vocals for it.

I can name to that she didn't do, and at least one of them is a fairly big one.

She was not do Scooby Doo or Super Friends. However, Casey Kasem did both.

No new posts 13-08-2010 22:32 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I miss Samurai Jack 

No new posts 14-08-2010 03:20 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I remember Samurai Jack -I used to watch it sometimes with my nephew. I made him watch Dexter's Laboratory (also by Genndy Tartakovsky) too, because I liked it.

On that top 50 list, there's about 5 that I recall watching and enjoying regularly as a kid, but also a whole bunch I've never even heard of, though anything that aired from the mid 1980s to about 1998 (when I began babysitting my nephew on a regular basis and watched cartoons with him) would have passed me by completely.

No new posts 14-08-2010 03:42 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
I remember Samurai Jack -I used to watch it sometimes with my nephew. I made him watch Dexter's Laboratory (also by Genndy Tartakovsky) too, because I liked it.

On that top 50 list, there's about 5 that I recall watching and enjoying regularly as a kid, but also a whole bunch I've never even heard of, though anything that aired from the mid 1980s to about 1998 (when I began babysitting my nephew on a regular basis and watched cartoons with him) would have passed me by completely.

That was a very good show also batman beyond but I don't know...today's cartoons suck balls!
Genndy Tartakovsky is a genious even the Power puff girls kicked ass!  

No new posts 14-08-2010 04:16 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: