Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 79 – The Stolen Gatchaman Information
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 79 – The Stolen Gatchaman Information
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Gatchaman Episode 79 – The Stolen Gatchaman Information Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Gatchaman Episode 79 – The Stolen Gatchaman Information

In the center of Amegaopolis, the pride of all Ameris, lies the headquarters of the International Science Organization. And beneath this facility is a computer room where important secret data is stored. As opposed to the unimportant secret data, which is just left lying around random office cubicles, I suppose.

“Hello, Dr. Borombo!” Dr. Nambu greets a nervous-looking man with a vague resemblance to Woody Allen. “Working hard as usual. How is everything?”

But Borombo walks right on by, as if he didn’t hear Nambu at all.

“Doctor!” Nambu calls. “Dr. Borombo!”

“Oh yes, this rain sure is annoying. See you…” Borombo responds. Not suspicious at all. Noooo….

“What rain?” Dr. Nambu wonders to himself. “Hmmm…”

Indeed, it is bright and sunny outside. Dr. Nambu follows after Borombo.

And Borombo is oh-so-unobtrusively clutching a briefcase, sidling along in the ‘secret underground facility’.

He uses a small laser to cut through a locked door.

“He’s breaking into the computer room!” Nambu exclaims in shock.

Nambu runs off to the security area, which strangely, appears to be unmanned. Nambu turns on the monitors and observes the computer room.

Borombo enters the computer room, and pulls a strange device out of his briefcase.

He places it on one of the computers, and presses a button to activate it. A data tape (complete with holes punched in it to record the information) runs through.

Now Nambu is showing these activities to the Science Ninja Team.

Is it just me, or is Jinpei wearing floods?

“That computer room is where confidential information we call the ‘Secret Circuit’ is stored.” Nambu explains. “You could also call that room the very heart of the International Science Organization. It’s where the data is stored on the structure and secrets of our covert Science Ninja Team operation.”

“So basically, Dr. Borombo stealing secret information about us means that he could be a…” Ken says.

“Exactly right.” Nambu interrupts. “He could be a spy, since no one is allowed to enter that room without proper clearance.”

“Geez!” exclaims Ryu. “I can’t believe it! Dr. Borombo is just as high up the totem pole as you, ain’t he?”

“We can’t allow any of the ISO’s top data to be leaked to outsiders!” Nambu declares. “Therefore, I want all of you to trail Dr. Borombo’s every movement, and keep the confidential information from being turned over.”

“No sweat. We’ll just scare him a little.” Joe says in a threatening manner. “Hpmh. That’ll put an end to this whole thing.”

“No! This is more serious than that, Joe.” Nambu replies. “We have a very strict security system, and I’ve adopted comprehensive measures to prevent something like this. But clearly it’s been breached. We have to re-evaluate our entire system.”

“That’s true! There’s even an infrared device in the room!” Jun points out. “But Dr. Borombo still managed to bring in equipment!”

And to remind us of this, we see the data tape filling up.

“You’re right!” Nambu exclaims with the sudden discovery. “You could easily trick the infrared sensors by utilizing special plastics.”

“Well so much for the ISO being a big-time secure operation, huh?” Ryu rolls his eyes.

“So here are your marching orders.” Nambu instructs the Team. “First, I want you to retrieve the data before it leaks out, and at the same time, investigate the motives that led Dr. Borombo to conduct his espionage.”

“Loud and clear, Doctor!” Ken replies. “Jun and I will get on that right away.”

But what we see next isn’t Ken and Jun, but rather the entire Team. They are sitting in a restaurant of some sort.

“After careful consideration, I got some ideas about Dr. Borombo.” Ryu says.

But rather than tell everyone his ideas, Ryu chugs down his coffee.

“Yeah, whatever!” replies an impatient Jinpei. “Just finish the sentence!”

“Yeah… ain’t it possible he’s Berg Katse in disguise?” Ryu asks. “You know how he’s really into disguises and all.”

“That’s not it!” Joe pooh-poohs the idea. “He was acting so nervous, even Dr. Nambu felt there must be something really screwy going on with that guy.” I gather Joe doesn’t have much respect for Dr. Nambu’s deductions of human nature?

“Still, there’s no doubt that Galactor is behind this.” Jun says.

“I agree.” Ken says. “Supposedly, Dr. Borombo comes here once a day. So we’ll find out soon enough.”

“Check it out.” Ken says, and everyone turns to see Dr. Borombo entering the restaurant.

“All right, it’s showtime, guys!” Ken says, putting on his awesome disguise. It’s…. wait for it… a pair of sunglasses! Yes, Ken’s disguise to talk to Borombo is a pair of sunglasses. No wonder they’re all so impressed with Katse’s disguises!

“Play it cool ‘til I contact you.” Ken instructs.

“Okay, take it easy, Ken!” Jun whispers. Awwww…..

Meanwhile, at the bar…

“Oh, welcome, Doctor!” the bartender says to Borombo. Or would that be a barista? I don’t drink coffee or alcohol, so I’m not up on these things.

“Give me the usual, O’Brien, and make it black.” Borombo replies.

“Ah, certainly, certainly.” the bartender replies, and sure enough, he has a very bad Irish accent. “Could I take your bag for you?”

“Uh… no… thanks…” Borombo replies, startled.

“All right… right… okay…” the bartender says, walking off.

And Ken takes this prime opportunity to approach.

“So, did you have any problems?” he dives right into the role.

“Who are you, pal?” Borombo asks.

“Shhh…” Ken replies, flashing a small card with a Galactor devil symbol on it. “I work for them.”

“But the appointment is for tomorrow.” Borombo protests.

“Appointment?” Ken thinks to himself. Yep, you’ve just struck gold, Ken.

“I mean… Lord Katse give me strict orders to keep a careful eye on you.” Ken tells Borombo. Just to make sure you don’t double-cross us.”

“What if someone sees us like this?” Borombo worries. “Let’s just go to my house.”

The other members of the Team watch Ken depart with Borombo.

“Oh, hey wait, Doctor! What about your coffee?” O’Brien calls.

“Sure looks like we pegged him, all right.” Joe mutters.

Meanwhile, Borombo is driving Ken to his house.

“Won’t your family be kind of suspicious?” Ken asks.

“No, I live alone. Don’t worry about it, okay?” Borombo replies. Sheesh, you would think Ken would have done minimal research to know what kind of family Borombo had. And later, we see more proof that Ken hasn’t bothered with any kind of preparation for his ‘undercover’ work.

Or perhaps he has, a little. He places a tracking device on Borombo’s car. Although why he’s placing it outside the car, rather than inside, is beyond me. Wouldn’t it be more secure inside?

“Still playing the bachelor? You’re getting older, Doc…” Ken says. Sigh…

It turns out that Borombo lives in a large, fancy home. Clearly he’s not doing this for money.

Borombo takes Ken to some kind of study. When Ken closes the door, the wall shakes slightly, and a photograph falls off a nearby bookcase.

Ken picks it up, and we hear that ‘tinkly music’. You know what I’m talking about.

“What a beautiful girl?” Ken thinks to himself.

No new posts 31-05-2010 04:04 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

“So who’s the fox, Doc?” Ken asks. I should point out that in the subtitles, Ken simply asks, “Who’s this?” without any implication that he’s attracted to her. The ADV voice dub implies some kind of interest on Ken’s part.

“Don’t trifle with me you punk!” Borombo declares. “You’re going to keep your promise, aren’t you?”

“Don’t sweat it, all right?” Ken replies.

“What about my daughter? Are you prepared to guarantee her safety?” Borombo asks.

“Your daughter?” Ken looks down at the picture, and we hear the twinkly music again.

“Yeah, sure, we’ll give her back before you know it.” Ken bluffs. “Don’t worry! You can trust me.” Yeah, like he’s been behaving in a trustworthy manner so far. Doh2

“I’ll give you this data in exchange for my daughter. And that was the deal, kid!” Borombo replies. “You promised.”

“I see!” Ken thinks to himself. “Thanks’ how it is, huh?”

“Hey, listen…” Ken starts to speak, but Borombo turns on him, a gun in his hand. Ken is taken aback.

“Don’t even move a muscle, you scumbag! You’re going to be my hostage now!” Borombo says, doing his best Dirty Harry impression.

“That’s not going to work, Doctor.” Ken tries to tell him. “The lives of agents like me don’t mean anything to Galactor.”

“You think I care about that?” Borombo smiles. “If anything happens to my daughter, I’ll just kill you! At least that way I’ll get back at those nasty bastards for what they’ve done!”

“Doctor, you’ve got to listen to me!” Ken protests, but Borombo isn’t hearing it.

“Get back! Just sit down over there!” Borombo directs Ken to his couch. “Now don’t you move, punk.” He turns a not-so-hidden dial on his bookcase, and suddenly Ken is in an electric cage!

“You people should be a little more careful when dealing with scientists, don’t you think?” Borombo brags, putting his gun in his jacket pocket. He throws a handkerchief onto the electric lines, and it is immediately incinerated.

“I wouldn’t make a move if I were you, smart guy!” Borombo crows. “I don’t want to have to scrape up your charred remains!” But just as he says this, the television behind him turns on. It’s Berg Katse!

“Dr. Borombo, listen carefully! There’s been a change in plans.” Katse cackles. “Get to your car and head south! Await further instructions, and don’t forget to bring the data!” The image fades out.

“Doctor! Please wait!” Ken calls, as Borombo leaves. “Doctor! Listen to me! Doctor!”

But of course he doesn’t listen, and he drives off, leaving Ken behind on the electric couch.

“This is Gatchaman. Over.” Ken says into his bracelet.

“What’s going on?” Joe asks.

“Doctor Borombo left the house. I want you to follow him!” Note that Ken doesn’t mention anything about his predicament, or ask for help.

“Okay!” Joe says, standing up and dashing out of the restaurant. “Let’s go!”

“Roger!” everyone calls, leaping over the chairs to get out.

“Hey! You have to pay!” O’Brien calls after them.

“Put it on Dr. Nambu’s tab!” Ryu calls as he exits.

“But what are your names? Hey, come back here right now!” O’Brien calls. Of course, it’s a futile maneuver on his part.

Now we see Borombo driving his car. He appears to be lost in thought. In his mind, he’s seeing rain, and Berg Katse standing next to his captive daughter.

Interesting how he thinks his daughter is a blonde, when in the picture she clearly had reddish-brown hair.

“Daddy! Help me! Daddy!” his daughter screams. Now Borombo remembers taking orders from Katse.

“If you want your daughter back, you must steal top secret documents from the ISO.” Katse orders.

“Rumi, just hang in there a little longer. Daddy’s coming!” Borombo says as he drives.

Meanwhile, back at the Borombo residence…

“This contraption ain’t clever enough to hold Ken the Eagle.” Ken says. He pulls a mini-bomb out of his jeans pocket, then flicks it at the bookcase switch Borombo used to turn on the electric field. The device explodes, and of course the field turns off.

Ken turns into David Cassidy as he realizes that he’s free.

“Oh yeah…” he says to himself as he runs off, like he wants to be a giant jug of Kool-aid.

Now we see the rest of the Science Ninja Team in a parking lot. They are surrounding Dr. Borombo’s car. There’s only one other car in sight, and it’s on some kind of weird platform. Freaky!

Joe picks Ken’s tracking device off of Borombo’s car.

“This goofy ride has to be Dr. Borombo’s.” he says. “Something’s weird.”

“I can’t believe he’s meeting up with Galactor out in the open like this.” Jun observes. “Where’d he go?”

“Yeah!” Ryu agrees. “And after all the driving around we did, here we are, right back by the ISO Building!” I’m not sure, but I think the ISO Building is supposed to be the tallest tower behind Ryu?

“Ryu, come over here! Check out these sweet wheels!” Jinpei calls. And I have to admit, it’s a car to make a Condor drool. Even now, nearly 40 years after the show was made, it still looks cool.

“It says ‘maximum speed, 350 kmph’!” Jinpei exclaims, opening the door. Ooh, it’s got a Don Johnson door that opens from the bottom! Or a Back to the Future door, if you prefer. Either way, I’ve seriously dated myself as an 80s child. If the Kool-Aid reference didn’t clue you in already.

Jinpei eagerly gets in.

“Jinpei! Stop! You shouldn’t be in someone else’s car!” Jun lectures.

But Jinpei is dreaming of himself as the Condor.

It must be a British car, judging by the positioning of the steering wheel. Wait a minute… from the outside, didn’t it look as if the steering wheel was on the opposite side? I’m confused!

“This is awesome! I wish my G-4 was as cool as this!” Jinpei exclaims, turning the wheel with childlike glee.

I’m sorry, but I’m pound at this screenshot! How can they put so much expression on a face with so few drawn lines? Those Tatsunoko artists were good!

“This is second, third, fourth, and this is reverse!” Jinpei says, moving the stick around. “Hmmm… what’s this?” He puts the stick in ‘G’. Hmmm… G for Gatchaman? Or G for Galactor?

You decide.

Jinpei is shocked when his seat descends!

So is everyone else!

“Jinpei!” Jun cries.

The other three rush over and look down the shaft. Jinpei is sitting at the bottom (still in the car’s chair) in a metal corridor.

“Hey, check it out, man!” he calls.

“All right, let’s get going!” Joe replies. “If we don’t hurry, Galactor will get the secret data!”

And in fact. Katse is looking forward to that very thing.

“I’m glad you made it, Dr. Borombo.” he says pleasantly. “I’ve been expecting you! Now, hand over the secret documents.”

“Where’s my daughter?” Borombo asks suspiciously.

“Don’t worry! You’ll have her as soon as we confirm the data’s authentic.” Katse assures him.

“No, I want my daughter first!” Borombo tries to make a stand.

“Yeah, whatever.” Katse’s pleasantness evaporates as he grabs the briefcase from Borombo’s hands.

“This will give us the knowledge to completely destroy the Science Ninja Team!” Katse says gleefully, pulling the device out of the case. “Every piece of information about their operations is right here.”

No new posts 31-05-2010 04:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

“If you turn the dial on the main box to the right, it will reproduce what’s in its memory.” Borombo instructs. “Don’t make any mistakes! Only turn to the right, understand?”

“All right, I heard you, Borombo.” Katse brushes him aside. “Unfortunately, I won’t be able to return your daughter as planned.”

“What? You lied to me! But we had a deal!” Borombo appears to be shocked by this turn of affairs. And you thought he was supposed to be a smart scientist!

“Yes, we agreed that you were supposed to come here alone, but what do you call that?”

Katse gestures to a nearby security monitor, on which we see…

“It wasn’t me! They followed me here on their own! I swear it!” Borombo pleads.

“Either way, it’s the same thing. I judge based on results.” Katse says. “You want to blame someone? Blame the Science Ninja Team.

“Please!” Borombo begs, grabbing Katse. “Spare her! She lost her mother when she was little and I’ve raised her all by myself! She’s my life! Please spare my daughter!”

“Well, I suppose there is one way you can save your precious daughter.” Katse smirks. “Kill the whole Science Ninja Team with your own two hands!”

“I’m sure they’ll lower their guard around you,” Katse goes on, “and you can use that chance to kill them! And if you do that, I won’t even need this!” He holds up the briefcase full of data.

“You’re… you’re really going to give my daughter back, right?” Borombo asks, pulling his little pistol out of his jacket. “You’d better be certain!”

“Wait just a minute!” Katse calls, as Borombo turns to leave. “You’ll blow it if you go out there right now! Let’s wait and observe them until your right hand stops shaking!”

And lookee here what the Science Ninjas have found!

Not as cool as that red sportscar, but still powerful.

But Ryu is ignoring the mecha to open a doorway.

“This’ll take us upstairs!” C’mon!” he whispers.

“Let’s go!” Joe agrees.

“Things are getting interesting!” Katse smirks, as he watches on the security monitor.

He pulls a lever…

…and the floor of the elevator opens up, dropping out the Team!

Of course, they all manage to fly and guide themselves to the walls of the shaft, where they hang on.

“Aah! My hands really hurt!” Jinpei complains. “Joe, come on, let’s jump down!”

“Going down there is probably not a good idea!” Joe replies, his voice straining with effort. “Look what’s coming!”

Why, it’s the elevator, coming back down to crush them!

“Waaaaaahhhh! What are we going to do?” Jinpei screams. “It’s going to crush us!”

But Joe is already on the counterweight for the elevator.

“Jun, use your yo-yo bomb!” Joe calls.

And Jun does.

Jun’s yo-yo detonates and the floor of the elevator is torn open. Everyone is able to jump back inside before they are crushed.

“Everybody into the elevator! If you don’t get the timing right, you’ll be crushed!”

Nobody likes these odds.

Joe, of course, does it perfectly.

“I can’t stop it!” Joe calls.

So they don’t have much choice, so they jump up… and they all make it!

Sort of.

Does Ryu look like he’s getting familiar with the Swan’s person? Not to mention getting an eyeful!

“Jun, come on, go up!” Ryu begs.

“I can’t! It feels like my arms are ripping off!” Jun protests.

“We’re sunk!” Jinpei cries.

“Come on!” Joe urges, doing his best to pull up Jun, and therefore the others as well. “Hurry up!”

Jun doesn’t like these odds either.

Commercial Break! Solid Gold Ken is just happy he’s not hanging on for dear life, from the bottom of an elevator shaft.

When we return, we see that the elevator has stopped… only a couple of feet from the bottom!

Of course… Ken saved them!

“Is everyone okay down there?” he asks. Which is weird, because technically, he’s at the bottom, and everyone else is ‘up there’.

“Big Bro!” Jinpei screams happily, running over to Ken.

“A little carelessness can be a deadly thing, little brother.” Ken lectures, while Katse listens in on the monitor.

“Borombo, has your hand stopped shaking?” Katse asks. “It’s your turn to shine now.”

“Here I go…” Borombo replies, back to his Dirty Harrry impression.

We even get a dramatic shot of Borombo’s feet coming toward us as he walks down the hallway. The Team hears his footsteps, and they hide.

“Dr. Borombo.” Ken says, as he sees who it is. “He doesn’t have the case.”

Everyone jumps out into the open to confront Borombo.

“Doctor!” Ken calls.

“Hello, Science Ninja Team.” Bormbo smiles nervously.

“Where’s Galactor, Doctor?” Ken wants to know. “You’ll lead us the way there, won’t you?”

“It’s over there. Everyone’s there.” Borombo says, gesturing behind him. But his other hand is fumbling in his pocket.

“F-Follow me…” he stutters.

Everyone approaches Borombo.

But Ken discovers what’s going on.

“A real scientist shouldn’t have to use tools like this, Doctor.” Ken lectures gently.

“You’re such a bad actor, Doc!” Ryu reveals. “Normally, if you’d met us in a place like this…”

“You’d have been a lot more surprised than that!” Jinpei finishes.

“Doctor, we’re aware of everything that’s been going on.” Ken tells Borombo. “Let us handle the rest of this. Remember, we were formed to deal with these kinds of things.”

“Help me!” Borombo says sadly, dropping the gun. “Please help my daughter! They’re holding her!”

But Katse’s laugh cackles across the hall. Everyone is surprised.

“I’ve got to hand it to you, Gatchaman! You’ve come all this way to retrieve the data.” Katse says, holding up the briefcase from a balcony near the ceiling. “But unfortunately, you’re too late! I’m going to relish unlocking all your secrets… just like plucking your feathers, one by one!”

“And when I finish with your feathers, I’m going to slow roast you over a fire like a pig on a spit!” Katse goes on. “And that will be the end of Gatchaman!”

“Like hell!” Joe shouts, drawing and shooting his cablegun.

Katse screams like a little girl and jumps out of the way, so the crescent-shaped blade hits some goons instead.

The blade wraps around the railing, and Joe pulls himself up.

Ken throws his boomerang.

The weapon takes out more goons, by which time Joe has landed up at the balcony.

Jinpei throws his bolos.

Two goons’ arms are tied together, and they realize that they’re truly in trouble when a yo-yo comes sailing next to them.

“We give up!” they scream in unison, before it explodes.

No new posts 31-05-2010 04:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

But now goons are falling down to the ground! Seems they’ve gained Bionic Man-esque jumping powers!

But Ryu is ready, and he punches them out as they land.

He grabs the last one and throws him at the wall. The goon lands next to Borombo, who pistol whips the Galactor soldier.

Ken takes out a few more goons.

As does Jun.

Jinpei flips away from gunfire.

Joe punches out a goon.

Ken jumps up to the ceiling to avoid gunfire, then lands on the shooting goons.

He throws his boomerang at a few more, then glances up to see Katse fleeing the scene.

“Look, Ken!” Jun calls. “Katse’s getting away! We can’t let him escape!”

“Take care of the rest!” Ken shouts, going after Katse.

Somehow, Ken dashes to the ladybug mecha, and manages to beat Katse there. He jumps inside.

Then he hides behind the operator’s chair.

Now Katse scrambles inside.

But he doesn’t notice his passenger.

The legs of the ladybug retract and wings come out. The mecha flies off.

Meanwhile the fight is still going on.

Ryu brushes his hands off in relief as he finishes up.

“You know, there’re always so many of these bozos.” he notes. “Such a hassle!”

Borombo collapses to the floor in relief.

“Wait, where did Ken run off to?” Joe asks angrily.

“He went running after Katse.” Jun replies.

“What?” Joe is shocked.

“Damn it! Bro always has to go and steal the show!” Jinpei swears.

“We’ll hear from him soon. Let’s just chill out until then.” Jun smiles.

Meanwhile, Katse has flown to a castle-like mansion on the sea. Underneath is another base.

“Anything suspicious?” he asks his men as he emerges from the ladybug.

“No, Sire!” the men shout in unison. Of course, Ken’s hearing every word.

“All right. You may all rest until I give you your next orders!” Katse says.

“Sire!” they call.

Once everyone is gone, Ken emerges from the ladybug.

“Gentlemen, you should be delighted!” Katse says, showing the briefcase to a half-circle of goons. “Galactor’s victory is finally coming to pass!”

“Lord Katse, how would you like us to send his daughter back to him?” asks one of the goons. I presume he means Borombo.

“Did you just say, ‘send her back’?” Katse sneers. “Are you serious?”

“What do you mean, boss?” Even for a goon, this guy is slooooow.

“We can’t let Borombo find out we’ve killed his daughter!” Katse exclaims. “We must keep him thinking that his daughter’s life still hangs in the balance. That’ll come in handy for us in the future.”

“So his daughter’s going to…?” another goon asks. “Man, he’s ruthless!”

“Did you say something?” Katse snaps.

“No!” the men scream, coming immediately to attention and saluting. “It’s a brilliant idea, Lord Katse! Brilliant!”

“Get rid of her now, we don’t need her anymore!” Katse orders.

But a high-pitched noise is heard.

“What the hell is that?” Katse asks.

Seems Ken tripped the security system.

“An infrared alarm beam!” he cries.

“He’s over there!” cries a goon.

“Let’s get him! Come on!” says another. The two run off. More goons follow.

And Ken, brave man that he is… runs.

“Hold it right there, Bird Boy!” the goons call. “Open fire!”

But Ken gets away, of course. Yet the goons still pursue him.

“Damn it!” Ken curses. He sees a nearby locked door. He throws his boomerang…

And the lock is broken. Ken slips inside the room behind the door.

A mysterious black-robed figure approaches him from behind.

Ken kicks the figure.

The figure slumps to the floor, and its mask falls off. Ken’s eyes bug out!

“It… it’s you!” he exclaims. And yep, we hear the twinkly music again.

“Borombo’s daughter!” he says.

Meanwhile, outside the door, the goons are confused.

“He’s not here!” says one.

“I could have sworn he came this way!” says another. “Find him!”

But one goon has noticed the broken lock, and he calls over the others.

“Check this out!” he says, kicking in the door.

“Not here.” says a goon, as they all point their guns at the black-robed figure inside.

“Might as well finish her off while we’re here.” another goon says, pulling off the black robe. “If you want to blame someone, blame, Katse!”

But Rumi looks more confused than afraid. Perhaps because of her friend…

Needless to say, Ken has no problems taking out the goons.

“Come on!” he calls, pulling Rumi out the door.

Rumi runs in an embarrassingly girlish fashion, and trips.

So of course, Ken has to pick her up to see if she’s all right.

“Let’s go!” he whispers impatiently.

More goons are chasing them, but Ken throws some minibombs at the, They explode, while Ken and Rumi get away.

Sorry, but it just irritates me how dumb and helpless she looks. Very airheaded!

But they arrive at the ladybug just in time to see it taking off.

Katse’s laugh echoes throughout the hangar, and a bomb drops at Ken’s feet.

“Damn it!” he curses.

“I’ll just help myself to this, and you can stay there and have a blast!” Katse taunts Ken.

“We’ve got to get out of here, Quick! It’s too dangerous!” Ken explains to Rumi, pulling he off again.

But more goons appear.

“There he is!” they cry.

“Out of my way!” Ken shouts. “Don’t listen to Katse’s orders! He’s escaped, and left all of you behind to die! This place is going to blow! Get the hell out!”

He shoves forward, taking the goons by surprise, and they let him through.

“Go! Go!” screams Ken.

And the goons do. They run after Ken and Rumi.

Ken and Rumi escape just in time, and Ken covers Rumi with his wings to protect her from the blast.

But once it’s over, he quickly lets her go, and seems to be embarrassed.

“Your father’s worried about you. We’d better go back.” Ken says.

“My hero! I don’t even know how to thank you enough!” Rumi says, stars in her eyes.

“I was so scared, but I’m safe now, right?” she says, hugging Ken. Ken doesn’t know what to do.

No new posts 31-05-2010 04:08 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

“That’s right. You’re okay now.” he says.

“I couldn’t get the data back.” he thinks to himself. “How should I report that to Dr. Nambu?”

And everyone else is just sitting around in the other base. This seems odd… shouldn’t they be in the God Phoenix, trying to track down Ken and Katse?

“What’s Big Bro doing, anyway?” Jinpei grumbles. “I hope they didn’t get him!”

But Joe’s bracelet lights up.

“Ken, we’ve been waiting for your call!” he answers.

“Dr. Borombo’s daughter has been rescued safe and sound.” Ken says, and Borombo’s face breaks into a big smile.

“But what about the secret data, Ken?” Joe asks. “What the hell have you been doing, huh?”

“That’s all. I’m signing off.” is Ken’s answer.

“Ken, where are you? Ken?” Joe calls, but Ken does not respond.

“Galactor got us real good this time.” Joe mutters angrily.

“Then what are we going to do about the data?” Jinpei asks.

“That data is useless.” Borombo says.

“You mean, it’s all a fake?” Jinpei asks.

“No, it’s the real data, but I manipulated the equipment so it erases all the information on the plastic tape when you flip the switch.” Borombo reveals. “It’s basically the exact same method used to erase the recorded sound from an 8-Track tape!” Wow, such a great technological comparison…

Everyone is stunned by this news.

“So, right about now…” Borombo says…

And sure enough…

“What’s wrong with this piece of junk?” Katse asks angrily. He presses all the buttons, but the data tape is coming out blank.

“Double-crossed again!” he mutters, throwing the device at the wall. Blank tape spews out of it.

“Setting up a little trick like that is a piece of cake for me! After all, I’m still a scientist.” Borombo says modestly. “And still loyal to the cause.”

“Wait… are you trying to tell me that we went through all this trouble for nothing?” Ryu is astonished.

“No, you saved my daughter.” Borombo reminds them. “This is Galactor we’re dealing with. I’m pretty sure they would have killed me daughter, even if I let them have the data, and I knew that. But I still wanted to save my daughter’s life.”

“I’m kind of jealous! She’s really a lucky girl!” Jun says.

Gee, Jun, how jealous would you be if you knew how she was snuggling up to Ken?

“I almost forgot! I’m holding one of Galactor’s minions as a hostage!” Borombo exclaims. “If we interrogate him, we might be able to get information about them!”

But everyone starts to laugh.

“What? What’s so funny?” Borombo wants to know.

“Sorry to break it to you, Doc, but I’m afraid your hostage flew the coop a pretty good while ago.” Joe tells the Doctor.

“What do you mean?” Borombo asks. “Is that guy some kind of friend of yours, or something?”

And now we cut to the ‘friend’, who is standing with Rumi.

“I envy you for having such a caring father.” Ken says. “I’m told he’s flying all the way here to come get you.”

]

“Hey, do me a favor.” Rumi says. “I want to see the man behind the mask. It wouldn’t feel right if I didn’t even know the face of the man who saved my life.”

Oh for goodness sakes, Rumi! You can see right through his stinking visor! Heck, you were hugging him in a position where you could have looked up and underneath his visor! Sheesh! Doh2

“Your father should be here any minute.” Ken replies.

“Please let me see your face?” Rumi begs in a ‘little girl’ voice.

But then she is distracted, as she sees her father on the steps of the train station.

“Rumi! Rumi!” he calls.

“Daddy!” she cries, running to him. “Oh, Daddy!”

“Rumi! Rumi, darling!”

“Daddy! Now you’re here!”

“Rumi, I’m so glad! I’m so glad! “

“Oh, Daddy! Daddy, that guy over there, he saved…”

But Ken is gone.

Rumi turns to go after him, but her father pulls her back.

“Wait a second! He must be a busy man.” Bormbo says. “It’s okay. I’m sure you’ll meet him again. Come on. The train will be here any minute.”

Rumi and her father ride the bullet train back home.

“Rumi, dear, how would you like to share an orange?” Borombo asks her.

“Daddy, I’m going to check around.” Rumi says, holding a flower. “I just can’t help thinking that man might be on this same train.”

“That’s rather dangerous. What will you do if Galactor shows up?” Borombo asks. Like he’s going to protect her if Galactor shows up and she’s with him?

“If that happens, Gatchaman will come help me again, of course.” Rumi giggles, putting the flower in her hair.

“Don’t be ridiculous! You have no idea what I’ve gone through…” Borombo starts lecturing. But Rumi walks off, humming to herself.

“Be careful, dear.” Borombo capitulates.

And sure enough, Ken is on the same train, but in civvies. Rumi enters his train car, and stops in surprise.

Ken simply stares at her.

“Ah… I wonder if he’s the one?” Rumi thinks dreamily.

“She doesn’t know my face, and that’s how it should be.” Ken thinks to himself. “Rumi…”

Rumi walks past Ken, dropping her flower on the floor behind her. Ken picks it up.

A single flower, there for a transient moment in the midst of a grueling battle. But like the passing scenery, it quickly disappeared into the distance, just as the heartbreaking destiny of Ken the Eagle, who dedicates his irreplaceable youth to the pursuit of world peace.

And because there’s no God Phoenix in this episode, we simply see a sunset in the mountains above the train as the episode fades out.

No new posts 31-05-2010 04:09 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

BOTP Episode 76 – Defector to Spectra

When everything is calm and peaceful deep beneath the waves at Center Neptune, Zark tries to sneak a moment for a ‘refreshing ablution’.

And no, we’re not talking about a ‘ten second oil change’. It’s far, far worse than that.

Yep. Zark is taking an oil shower. Shudder…

I have to admit, though, I love that 1-Rover-1 is sitting there patiently with a towel!

“That means a nice, soothing, olive oil shower.” Zark says. I guess he follows the Mediterranean diet.

“Oil drops are falling on my head…” he sings, as he scrubs his armpits. “But that don’t mean I…” And of course, the tune is slightly off, to ensure that no rights infringement takes place.

Fortunately for us, Zark is interrupted by an alert.

“Oh dear.” Zark says, still scrubbing his armpits (How dirty do they get, anyhow?) “That intercom always buzzes when I’m in the shower.” So he grabs his towel from Rover and dries off.

And he emerges from the shower, towel wrapped around his ‘waist’.

“Yes, yes, I’m coming!” he says. “Center Neptune Control! 7-Zark-7!”

“Hello, Zark, this is Susan, at Early Warning, out on Planet Pluto.”

“Oh, Susan!” Zark is shocked and pulls up his towels to hide his ‘naked body’. He seems to have forgotten that he walks around naked half the time anyhow. Sigh…

“I hope you…. Ooooh!” He sighs in frustration.

“Zark, what’s wrong?” asks Susan, sensing something amiss.

“I think I just threw my FOSDIC out of place.” Zark explains. “Ooh!” While getting a call from Susan? Ugh, that brings up an image I’d rather not… ewwwww….. too late. Puke2

“Oh, that’s a shame!” Susan replies. “A slipped FOSDIC can be so painful! Do you think it’s age catching up with you?” WTG Susan! Burn, Zark!

“Susan, I’m still under full factory warranty!” Zark insists, clearly miffed.

“Well, you listen to me!” Susan decides to advise Zark. “Just lie prone on your slantboard until your FOSDIC slips back into place!” Wow, I never knew Zark’s reclining platform had a name! A slantboard…

“I can’t lie down! I can’t even move!” Zark exclaims in distress. “Besides! I’ve got the entire galaxy to keep watch over!” And now is the time for 1-Rover-1 to step in and do all of Zark’s work, making it clear that he truly is unnecessary. Go Rover! But unfortunately, Susan doesn’t see it my way.

“All right.” Susan says. “I’ll call Center Neptune Maintenance, and have them send a technician over right away! Hang in there, Zark!”

“Thanks, Susan.” Zark says meekly. “Bye! Oooh….”

“What am I going to do, 1-Rover-1?” Zark asks. “Chief Anderson and G-Force are away form the Center on detached duty! They’re at Intergalactic Federation Headquarters, checking on a lead from my computers about a Spectra spy who seems to be operating within our Central Security Agency.”

As Zark speaks, he moves into his usual voiceover mode, and we see the Security Agency building, both outside and in. A security guard monitors everything on cameras.

“What’s Gregg doing with that?” Chief Anderson asks himself, as he is approached by a man clutching a briefcase. Gregg bears a vague resemblance to Woody Allen.

I admit that Gregg is holding the briefcase in a suspiciously close manner, but is Anderson really alarmed to see him with a briefcase? I guess in the future, no one uses them anymore?

“How come you’re not in your office, Gregg?” Anderson demands, as Gregg walks by. “Where are you going? Gregg? I’m talking to you!”

“Oh, why, I’m sorry!” Gregg turns and smiles. Strangely, he sounds exactly like Zark! Does this mean that he’s actually a robot, programmed by Zark to spy on the Federation from within, and that Zark is really the internal Spectran spy? Makes the mind boggle…

Okay, I’ll get off of my own outlandish plot ideas and back to BOTP’s outlandish plot ideas. Silly

“I was thinking of something else.” Gregg mumbles, before turning away again and continuing on his path. Of course, he never really answered Chief Anderson’s question about why he wasn’t in his office. This makes the Chief suspicious, and rightly so.

“Yeah…” Anderson mutters sarcastically. He decides to follow Gregg.

Gregg uses a small, portable laser to cut through the doorway into a room full of large computers.

“Gregg! A traitor!” Anderson whispers in disbelief as he sees this. The Chief rushes to the security post, only to find it unmanned. Anderson turns on the cameras in time to observe what happens.

Gregg enters the computer room and opens up his briefcase to reveal a strange-looking device. He attaches it to one of the computers and activates it. A data tape starts recording.

Now we can see that Anderson has caught this treachery in a recording, and he is playing it back for the G-Force Team.

“There it is.” Anderson says, obvious disappointment in his voice. “When they go over the wall, they go fast and unexpectedly. You couldn’t ask for a better man than Gregg. He’s been with us for ten years, and always performed with complete integrity! Now he’s about to hand over our Master Code to Spectra!”

Ooh, the Master Code! I wonder what it does… is this like the Conway Tapes?

“What could have happened?” Mark asks. “I haven’t known him as long as you, but he always seemed okay.”

“I don’t know.” Anderson admits. “I can’t believe he finds Spectra’s philosophy of intergalactic domination attractive.”

“You know, some of those brainy guys have mixed-up private lives.” Tiny suggests, casually leaning back on the couch.

“Of course.” the Chief agrees. “You never know. He’s been a widower for years. Maybe he’s seeing a woman! And if he’s fed her any secrets at all… Spectra will never let him up.”

“He never impressed me as the type to give out secrets.” Jason scowls.

“That’s true.” Anderson says. “But we saw with our own eyes! I had a funny…. you might call it a premonition. I looked across the street at the Bry Building: the place Intelligence thinks might be Spectra’s local base. And I felt he was heading there.”

“That’s funny!” Princess exclaims. “I had a premonition he’d be going to Disco Don’s for one of those great chocolate drinks!” Okay, that’s funny, but this is hardly the time for sarcasm, Princess.

“No matter how fond we are of him personally, there is no doubt we’ve got to stop him.” the Chief reprimands her. “It could be Gregg is under some intense pressure, perhaps a ransom demand or blackmail. It’s obviously a rough time in his life, but we must assume he intends to make it rough on us.”

“We’ll talk to him.” Mark says. “Maybe he doesn’t know what he’s getting into.”

And sure enough, now we see the G-Force Team sitting in a restaurant with cups in front of them. Could this be the infamous Disco Don’s, and their great chocolate drinks?

“They’ve got the best hot chocolate in the galaxy, right here!” Tiny says, holding his cup. I guess the BOTP writers didn’t think it was appropriate for teenagers to be drinking coffee?

Tiny gulps down his hot chocolate and tries to lick up the last drops.

“You got… worst manners!” Keyop burblingly berates him.

“How are you going to know if it’s good to the last drop if you don’t get to the last drop?” Tiny wants to know.

“Knock it off!” Jason intervenes. “We’re here on Princess’ hunch!” Wait a minute! They took Princess’ sarcastic comment seriously? And this really is Disco Don’s? Wow!

“But if it’s no better than the Chief’s, it’s a pretty expensive gamble.” Jason admits.

“I’ll pick up the tab.” Princess offers. “Gregg comes here every day.”

“Why should you pay?” Mark’s chivalrous nature comes out. “Even if he doesn’t show up, you took us to a great place! Besides… he’s here.” Oh shoot, and here I thought Mark was actually going to offer to pay! I guess I should have known better. Eagles are always broke!

“I could use better material for this act.” Mark says to himself, as he slips on a pair of sunglasses.

“Just take care of yourself.” Princess urges.

“What’ll you have, Sir?” asks the bartender, as Gregg sits down at the counter.

“I guess the usual.” Gregg replies. “Give me a chocolate.”

“May I check your attaché case for you, Sir?” the bartender asks. He really sounds like a brash Mark, if you can imagine that.

“Certainly not!” Gregg replies, looking horrified.

“Uh… Yes, Sir.” the bartender departs.

Mark walks over and sits down next to Gregg.

“I’ve been waiting for you, Gregg.” he says.

“For what, Mark?” Gregg appears to be startled.

“Shh!” Mark whispers. “I’m defecting!” To emphasize this completely unbelievable point, he holds up a card with an image of the Spectran devil logo on it.

“Why confide in me?” Gregg wants to know.

“Uh… because I’ve always sensed in you a kindred spirit.” Mark lays it on thick. “Someone who might be helpful to me.”

“There’s an ugly word for talk like that!” Gregg retorts angrily. “Treason!” But he stands up quickly, whispering under his breath.

“Follow me.”

The two depart Don’s.

“Hey, who’s going to take care of the chocolate?” asks the bartender.

“Who’s going to take care of Mark?” is what Jason’s more concerned about.

No new posts 31-05-2010 04:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

There’s a brief commercial break, and we come back to see Mark sitting in the backseat of a car while Gregg drives.

“How far is this place you’re taking me?” Mark asks.

“Not far. Just out in the country.” Gregg replies, sounding like Zark again.

“That’s good. Just as long as we can’t be overheard.” Mark says, placing a tracking device on the outside of Gregg’s car.

And Gregg takes Mark to a large house on the outskirts of town. The two men enter, and as Mark shuts the door, a picture falls off a nearby bookcase. He picks it up.

“What a beautiful girl!” he thinks to himself, but there’s no twinkly music.

“Who’s the fox?” Mark asks, exactly echoing Ken in the ADV dub. Or, since this came first, perhaps ADV Ken was echoing Mark!

“The ‘fox’, as you call her, is my daughter, Amanda.” Gregg replies.

“She’s sure pretty.” Mark comments.

“And brilliant.” Gregg adds. “And as sweet as her dead mother.”

“You’re a very fortunately man, Gregg.” Mark says, replacing the photo.

“Yes, fortunate.” Gregg replies sadly. “I haven’t seen her for three days. I don’t know where she is.”

“I get it now!” Mark thinks. “She’s in Spectra’s hands!” But that’s not what he says.

“Runaway?” Mark asks out loud. But his response is a gun pointed at him!

Gregg doesn’t say anything, but moves over to a bookcase and turns a dial. Suddenly, Mark is seated on a couch and an electric field springs up around it.

“My electron force shield is escape-proof.” Gregg says smugly, putting his gun away. I’d guess he’s a little over-confident on that point.

“Consider yourself a prisoner!” Gregg declares, throwing a handkerchief onto the electron force field so that we can see it burning. “Consider yourself a prisoner until I can call Chief Anderson. Then he’ll just send some police over here, and you’ll see how traitors are handled!”

That’s a great little smug speech, and Mark might even buy it, except that suddenly Zoltar’s image appears on a television set behind Gregg.

“Dr. Gregg, you have kept me waiting for the last thirty minutes!” Zoltar says. “You are off on the wrong foot, if you wish to have a continuing relationship, you had best get over here right away!” Zoltar fades out.

“Gregg, don’t be a fool!” Mark says, as Gregg turns to leave. “Take me with you! I can help you get your daughter back! Wait! Gregg, wait!” But Gregg doesn’t listen.

“Calling G-Force! Come in!” Mark contacts the others on his communicator.

“Go ahead!” replies Jason.

“Gregg split! I bugged his car! Go after him!” Mark orders. He doesn’t mention how he’s trapped inside this escape-proof electron force shield.

“Big 10!” Jason replies, running out of Don’s.

“You bet!” Princess adds.

“Let’s go!” Keyop cries.

“Yeah!” Tiny heads out.

“What about the drinks?” the bartender calls.

“Very good!” is Tiny’s answer. Yikes! I guess G-Force is a bunch of freeloaders!

“Thanks! I just hate to give away bad drinks!” yells the bartender back sarcastically.

Now we see Gregg driving to his meeting.

“Hang on, Mandy! I’ll have you back in an hour!” he mutters to himself, as he drives to meet Zoltar.

Meanwhile, back at Gregg’s house, Mark has ideas.

“I hate to spoil his plans, but I can’t sit here all day!” he says, pulling a mini-bomb out of his pocket. He throws it at the dial on the bookcase, and it explodes, turning off the field. Mark leaves quickly.

The rest of the G-Force Team is on a rooftop parking garage, where one strange red car is parked on a platform.

“My man, Mark!” Jason says, pulling the bug off of Gregg’s car. “Always using the old Think Tank. Now then… which building would you say he’s in?”

“Didn’t the Chief have a hunch about the Bry Building?” Princess reminds everyone. “That one?”

“I don’t go in for hunches.” Tiny frowns, proving that he was at Don’s purely for the hot chocolate. “And I sure don’t buy two hunches coming through on the same day!”

“Anybody got a can opener?” Keyop burbles, as he checks out the fancy red sports car on the platform. “Never mind…” He lifts open the door.

“Keyop! That doesn’t belong to you!” Princess lectures.

“Whee!” says Keyop, as he makes ‘vrooming’ burbling noises. He turns the wheel and plays with the shifter. “Handles like a baby! Even counts! See?” Or course, when Keyop gets to the ‘G’ on the shifter, the dash lights up and his seat descends.

“Ahh!” he cries.

“He’s gone!” Princess calls. “Keyop!” Everyone goes rushing over to look down the hole. Keyop looks around. He’s in a long, metal corridor.

“Secret passage!” he calls.

“We’ll be right down!” Jason tells him. “See if you can stay put for a minute!”

Now we cut to Zoltar, who is surrounded by goons.

“Welcome at last, Dr. Gregg.” he says. “And I see you have brought something precious with you!”

“Wish I knew why.” Gregg says, in a voice that sounds like Zark trying to be tough… which means that it’s totally laughable.

“We both know why.” Zoltar says. “You want to see your charming daughter again!”

“Bu…but isn’t there a… can’t we…?” Gregg protests, backing up.

“Come on!” Zoltar says, pulling the briefcase from Gregg’s grasp. He opens it and smiles gleefully.

“At last!” he declares. “The Master Code of the Intergalactic Federation! Now Spectra can intercept all of the top secret messages of G-Force!”

“You don’t know how it feels to turn your back on your planet… to make targets of your friends and colleagues!” Gregg protests.

“It is not only your daughter we have in our hands!” Zoltar reveals. “You mentioned friends and colleagues?” He points at a monitor, and we can clearly see the Team (except Mark) moving through the base.

Hmmmm… I wonder which ones are friends, and which ones are colleagues?

“I don’t know how they got here!” Gregg says honestly. “I didn’t tell anybody!”

“I’m far from unhappy that they’re here!” Zoltar replies. “On the contrary, I’m delighted! Dispose of them!” But Gregg runs up, grabbing Zoltar’s cape.

“Don’t ask me to become an assassin on top of everything else!” Gregg begs. “Isn’t it enough to be reduced to a traitor?”

“‘Reduced’ to work for Spectra? Watch your step, Gregg!” Zoltar threatens. “I have grave doubts that you’re the man for us, Dr. Gregg. In fact, I have grave doubts that you’re a man at all! Take this back! We can’t do business!” Zoltar holds up the briefcase, clearly bluffing.

“No, I’ll prove you made the right choice.” Gregg says, falling for it. “I won’t lose Amanda.” He tries to look and sound menacing as he pulls his gun out of his jacket.

“Keep in mind, I want you to finish them all!” Zoltar sneers. “Otherwise, I may be forced to move against your daughter!”

Now we see the Team staring at a ladybug robot.

“Trust Keyop to fall into the right place!” Jason chuckles.

“This way, Team!” Tiny whispers, as he opens a door to an elevator.

“Down anyone? Keyop burbles as they enter.

“Ha, ha!” Zoltar laughs. “What you should have said was, ‘Down everyone!’” He pulls a lever.

Sure enough, the floor of the elevator opens up and the Team goes tumbling out. They manage to catch themselves and fly to the wall, grabbing hold.

“Should have said… up!” Keyop burbles.

“Somebody’s doing his best to put us out of commission!” Jason mutters angrily. And right on cue, the elevator begins descending toward them.

“Good start!” Keyop burbles. His voice is calm, but his face is horrified!

“Yo-yo, Princess!” Jason calls, as he rises up on the elevator’s counterweight.

“Gotcha!” Princess replies. She throws out her yo-yo and detonates it, blasting open the elevator’s bottom.

“I’m going to try to stop it… from inside!” Jason announces. Everyone looks shocked, as if they hadn’t anticipated this. Of course, Jason’s button-pressing doesn’t do anything.

“It’s not working!” he calls. “Come up!”

“Here goes!” Princess cries. She leaps up and grabs the edge, but Tiny and Keyop only grab onto her legs.

“Hang on, now!” Jason encourages her.

“I’m trying… believe me!” Princess calls back.

“Ooh, ooh…. pull up!” Keyop cries, sounding like a monkey.

“Trying!” Jason grimaces.

Commercial break!

We return to find that Zark has fully recovered from his slipped FOSDIC.

“It’s awful, 1-Rover-1!” Zark declares. “I feel derelict in my duty! All of G-Force, except Mark, is in terrible trouble! And Maintenance has me hung up here with a slipped FOSDIC!” So… he’s upright and fully dressed, but he’s not recovered? What, did they discover brain damage? Wink

“So I can’t help! I’ve got to try to get in touch!” Zark decides. He lifts up to fly, but can’t seem to get far enough from the ground.

“Oh, it’s no use! I can’t make it!” Zark mourns. Yeah, he can’t walk the three feet over there… sigh…

“And I’ve got to get back to my controls!” Zark says, turning smoothly. Hey, wait a minute! How come he can turn, but not walk?

“If Spectra somehow gets hold of our Master Code, it could spell disaster for the entire galaxy!” Zark reminds us. Except… it’s not ‘somehow’. Zoltar already has the code. We know, because we saw Gregg give it to him.

1-Rover-1 yaps.

“I know you’ll keep watch, 1-Rover-1.” Zark replies. “And I just hope I can get back in shape in time to avert catastrophe!”

No new posts 31-05-2010 04:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

And catastrophe approaches! Jason is vainly attempting to pull Princess, Tiny and Keyop into the rapidly descending elevator, but it’s not working!

“Broot… get set!” Keyop cowers in fear. But at the bottom of the shaft, a door opens. Standing there is… Mark!

“Don’t just hang there, do something!” Mark urges them all.

“My man!” Keyop leaps up and runs to him.

Now we see Gregg’s feet walking down the hallway. G-Force is in the hallway ahead.

“Somebody…” Mark whispers, and everyone dashes into hiding.

“It’s Gregg. We’d better be on guard.” Mark says. So he… steps out into the corridor, revealing himself. So much for ‘being on guard’.

“Huh!” Gregg is startled. “Why… hello there, Mark.”

“It’s good to see you… without your new friends.” Mark smirks.

“They may not be far behind.” Gregg says, gesturing behind his back. The Team approaches.

“Watch out, Gregg! This thing could be very dangerous!” Mark says, pulling Gregg’s hand out of his pocket. There’s a gun in there! This is a bit of a surprise, because they cut out the shots of Gregg clutching the gun within his jacket.

“You won’t be able to defeat Zoltar and rescue your daughter all by yourself.” Mark tries to convince Gregg. “Let us help you! We’re trained for this kind of work.”

“I must have been mad! Help me, G-Force!” Gregg sobs, dropping the gun and grabbing onto Mark.

Suddenly, we see Zoltar running away!

“Mark, look! There’s Zoltar!” Princess calls.

“Get him!” Mark orders. But he’s the only one who gives chase.

“I’ll get to his spaceship. The rest of you, look after Gregg.” Mark orders. I’m not sure how he’s doing it, though, because he’s using his hands to grab onto the ceiling as he flies off after Zoltar. He can’t possibly be speaking through his communicator?

“Ahh, good!” Mark says, as he reaches the ladybug robot. He leaps up and into the ship and hides behind some controls. Next Zoltar comes running in and boards the ship. He doesn’t notice Mark.

The ladybug takes off and heads form some kind of castle on a cliffside near the ocean. When he arrives at the new base, Zoltar emerges from the ladybug.

“Hail Elite Guard!” he calls to the goons assembled there.

“Zoltar, hail!” they reply, as Mark listens in from his hiding spot.

“Can you be counted on to follow Zoltar?” he asks. Sheesh, it’s a little late to ask this question. What if the answer is ‘no’? But fortunately for Zoltar, it’s not.

“Yes!” the men cry, although not with as much fervor as they shouted ‘hail’.

Now Mark emerges from the ladybug to see an empty room. Zoltar, meanwhile, is in a sitting room somewhere.

“Take a good look at this and don’t forget it!” he says, placing Dr. Gregg’s briefcase on a table. “This will bring us victory over G-Force! Today, G-Force, tomorrow, the universe!”

Mark is apparently outside, listening in. But there’s a strange beeping sound, and Mark appears to be concerned. He looks down the hallways and sees a locked door. He throws his boomerang to break the lock. Mark enters the room, but an ominous, black-hooded figure appears behind him!

“What?” Mark asks, as he turns and sees the figure. “Oh!”

Suddenly the figure is lying on the ground, and the hood is gone. Mark pulls off the rest of the black robes and… we get the twinkly music as Amanda’s face is revealed!

“Well, hello!” Mark says, but his tone of voice makes it sound like he’s trying to pick up Amanda in a bar!

The door is suddenly open (even though Mark clearly closed it behind him upon entering the room).

“Let’s go!” Mark cries, pulling Amanda along behind him. “Hurry, now!” But she trips, and he has to pick her up.

“Almost there!” he says, as they start running again. Then they’re at the ladybug… just in time to see Zoltar take off! A bomb falls down and lands at Mark’s feet.

“A timebomb!” he exclaims.

“Any second now, you will only be a miserable memory!” Zoltar laughs, holding Dr. Gregg’s briefcase triumphantly as the ladybug takes off.

“We’ve got no time to lose!” Mark tells Amanda. Hey, she was supposed to be an intelligent girl. I think she figured that out already!

“Look who’s here!” exclaim Spectran troops as they enter the room, cutting off Mark and Amanda’s escape.

“The biggest bomb I’ve ever seen is right back there, set to go off in fifteen seconds!” Mark shouts. Now I suspect that’s a bit of an exaggeration. The biggest bomb he’s ever seen? I don’t believe that…

“You’d better get out, fast!” Mark urges, pushing through the goons.

“Hey, he’s right!” one of the goons realizes. They prudently decide to follow Mark’s advice.

We see Mark and Amanda escape the building just before it blows up, but there’s no sign of the goons. Mark puts his arms and wings around Amanda to protect her. But once the explosion clears, he’s startled by their position, and quickly lets go.

“Forgive me. I didn’t mean to hold you so closely.” Mark apologizes.

“Forgive you? It’s the nicest thing that ever happened to me.” Amanda gushes. It’s freaky how she sounds just like Princess! And her father sounds just like Zark? Does that mean…? Ewwww….. Puke2

“No one has ever made me feel like this!” she declares, snuggling up to Mark again. He looks like he has no idea what to do about it.

“You… mustn’t… say such things.” he protests.

“Poor girl. She’d feel that way about anyone who saved her.” Mark thinks to himself. “I can’t get entangled.”

Hmmm… is he thinking that because of what’s fair to Amanda? Or because of what he feels for Princess?

Meanwhile, back at the previous base, everyone else is just hanging around, doing nothing. So Jason’s ready to jump on the incoming message from Mark.

“G-Force, come in!” Jason answers.

“I’ve got Gregg’s daughter. She’s okay!” Mark reports, and Gregg smiles in relief.

“What about Zoltar? Does he still have the Master Code to the Federation?” Jason asks.

“He split with it, Jason!” Mark admits.

“We’ll have to get it back!” Jason insists. “Or, we’ll have to re-cipher all our codes.” Honestly, that seems like the better move, right now. Who knows what Zoltar’s already seen of the Code?

“That’ll take months!” Keyop burbles.

“No, you won’t!” Gregg interrupts.

“Why not?” Keyop broots.

“I know I look weak, but I never intended Spectra to have our code!” Gregg declares. “I was only trying to get Amanda back safely. The machine I gave Zoltar is rigged to erase as it runs! It’ll do him no good.”

And sure enough, we cut to Zoltar looking horrified.

“Now, for the secret code!” he says, but the tape is erasing!

“What is this? No punch holes…?” he wonders, picking up the device. “It’s coming out blank! What can you expect of a traitor?” He throws the machine at the wall.

You know, when I was a little kid, I didn’t stop to think about how holes could be ‘repaired’ to make paper seem perfectly blank. But it did occur to me (and does now, as well) that Zoltar should just stop the device, extract what’s left of the tape and run it on another device. Simple, isn’t it?

But fortunately for the Federation, Zoltar doesn’t do that. He just watches as the tape continues to erase.

“I never dreamed that things that looked so black yesterday could be so bright today.” Gregg smiles at the G-Force Team.

“I’ve got to apologize to you, Gregg.” Tiny admits. “I thought you were mixed up with Spectra!”

“I could never sell my friends and country down the drain.” Gregg reveals. Oh, so not his country, huh? I guess selling out the rest of the planet, and the other planets in the Federation, is okay?

“I just wanted to save my daughter!” Gregg explains. “I thought I’d have a better chance by myself. I was wrong. I couldn’t have done it without all of you.” Um… what did they do? Find the base? Other than that, it was Mark who did everything this episode!

“I’m so grateful to G-Force.” Gregg finishes.

“We’re happy we were able to help.” Princess gushes.

Back to Mark and Amanda, who are waiting outside the train station.

“Your father will be arriving soon.” Mark tells her. “It’s touching to see how much he loves you!” Ooh, I’ll bet that Amanda wants to touch Mark some other way, too…. Wink

“I know it’s not nice to say, because Daddy has gone through a lot for me,” Amana says, putting her hand on Mark’s shoulder and leaning closer, “but I wish someone else would care for me too.”

“Someone else will.” Mark replies cryptically.

“I want you to know how I feel…” Amanda says, but she is interrupted by her father’s call of ‘Mandy!’.

“Mandy! Mandy!” Gregg calls from the station steps. I’m having Barry Manilow flashbacks…

“Daddy! Daddy!” Amanda calls, running to him.

“Oh, my darling baby!” Gregg says, embracing her.

“Daddy! Oh, thank you, Daddy! You must meet the man who… oh!”

Yep, Mark is gone. Amanda moves to follow.

“No, no.” Gregg says, holding her back. “I’m sure he had his reasons for leaving. Maybe you’ll meet him again. Somewhere. Let’s go home.”

As the bullet train heads home, Gregg holds out an orange to Amanda.

“Why don’t you try a piece of fruit?” he suggests.

“Daddy, can’t you see I’m restless, not hungry?” Amanda asks, standing up and holding a flower. “My mind just isn’t on food.”

“No, it’s on that young man, if I had to make a guess.” Gregg says.

“What’s the difference?” Amanda asks. “He obviously isn’t thinking of me.” She tucks the flower into her hair, but she doesn’t seem unhappy.

“Now that’s my sensible girl. We must be realistic.” Gregg says, as Amanda walks away. ”Someone else will come along.”

Seems Mark is on the same train! The door to his compartment opens, and it’s Amanda! And she recognizes him, even though he’s now in civvies.

“Mark, I know there must be someone else.” she thinks to herself. “I only wish it could have been me.”

“I have my duties to G-Force… my affections for Princess.” Mark thinks to himself. “I mustn’t encourage her!” He turns his head away. And my ‘shipper heart does a little happy dance! He’s thinking about Princess! Snoopy Dance

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 31-05-2010 at 04:13.
No new posts 31-05-2010 04:12 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Amanda brushes by Mark as she exits, dropping the flower.

“I’m proud of Mark.” Zark says, voicing over as we see Mark pick up the flower. “Yes, he was determined, hard, maybe. Sure, her heart is broken, but she’ll get over Mark. And his life is so dangerous! It’s unfair to ask anyone to share it!” Um… even Princess? Wink

“Well, Amanda’s heart may be broken, but that’s not nearly as painful as a slipped FOSDIC.” Zark says, bringing the focus of everything back to himself, as usual. We’re now back at Center Neptune, and we can see that Zark has apparently not moved since the last time we saw him.

“She doesn’t know what real suffering is.” Zark declares in a pained voice.

Again, Zark tries to fly, but fails.

“It’s no use!” Zark practically sobs. “If Maintenance doesn’t get here pretty soon, I may be forced to resign!” Whoo hoo! Let’s go buy those Maintenance guys a drink! Take your time! It’s on us! :animecheer:

And who should show up? Not Maintenance, but… yep, poorly-animated Mark and Princess.

“Hello, Zark!” Mark says.

“We’ve missed you” Princess adds.

“Mark! Princess!” Zark is surprised. “I don’t know what to say about my performance today. It’s just…”

“We were concerned because we didn’t hear from you on the whole mission!” Mark says.

“Is anything wrong, Zark?” Princess asks.

“I hate to tell you, but I have a slipped FOSDIC.” Zark admits.

“We didn’t know! I’m so sorry, Zark!” I’m sorry too. Sorry that it’s going to get fixed.

And because I’m not grossed out enough, Princess kisses Zark. Puke2

“I hope you’ll be better soon.” Princess coos, in an almost Susan-like inflection.

“That did it! My FOSDIC is back in place!” Zark says excitedly. “A little love is the best solution in the world for anything!” And he giggles. I’m sure if they could have gotten away with it, the animators would have had him blush too. Sigh…

“I hope Susan will understand…”

No new posts 31-05-2010 04:12 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Oh, TJ ... I so agree with your comments regarding the girl, Rumi!!! At least Ken kicked her by mistake instead of slapping her like he sometimes knew how to do!!! Sorry, but I was a bit annoyed with the character!! I don't see a feeble girl like her to be fit for the Eagle ... a girl with the Swan's character, now that would have been more appropriate!!

And regarding the ISO's security system ... well ... where I've worked there's a better one for sure and it's not that high-teched as it's supposed to be in a scientific, international organisation like the ISO itself!! I also reckon that the ISO's scientists never had the pleasure to meet the SNT in their civvies ... as you've said, Ken's disguise wasn't that clever!! But well ... if Rumi didn't recognise his face behind the visor, Dr. Borombo wouldn't have recognised it behind the big sunglasses either!

I also don't want to forget and thank you once again for the great recaps!! You did a wonderful job as always!!

No new posts 31-05-2010 08:39 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

TJ, great write up! You had me laughing the whole time...

And that one part where you note that her hair turns from reddish brown to blonde? I love the fact that she's wearing the same outfit that she was wearing in the photo! You would think as a scientist her father would at least make enough for her to have a change of clothes!

No new posts 31-05-2010 14:33 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Glad you enjoyed it, RIGirl!

Well, in Gatch-land, everyone wears the same clothes day in and day out (except the 'female Commander' of Galactor). She wore the same clothes in the picture and in her father's memory. And when she was kidnapped! SO I don't think it was so unusual in that regard. After all, Dr. Nambu never changes clothes,does he? Wink

And Marie, I'm glad you agree with me. I can understand wanting to give the Eagle a potential love interest, but she was just so wishy washy and 'help me'... not doing anything for herself! And that little girly run... Ugh!

In this case though, I liked the way BOTP dealt with it better... Mark actually thinks about his 'affections for Princess' when he's turning Amanda down! Big Grin

No new posts 31-05-2010 15:11 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
In this case though, I liked the way BOTP dealt with it better... Mark actually thinks about his 'affections for Princess' when he's turning Amanda down! Big Grin

I would have liked to see that in "Gatchaman" also! It would have made me happy if Ken thought of Jun more often! Doh2 he's so clueless!

No new posts 31-05-2010 18:50 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Great recap! This is an interesting episode, in that for once, it's Ken and not Joe who meets the girl...

But, unlike Joe, she's not with Galactor and she doesn't die. But she doesn't get anywhere with Ken either. I wonder if the writers wanted to remind everyone that Ken, because he's the dutiful leader, has to renounce romance? There were probably a lot of viewers, when this series first ran, wondering if anything openly romantic was ever going to happen between him and Jun, instead of the subtle little hints here and there.

quote:
It’s…. wait for it… a pair of sunglasses! Yes, Ken’s disguise to talk to Borombo is a pair of sunglasses. No wonder they’re all so impressed with Katse’s disguises!

Laugh2

quote:
And later, we see more proof that Ken hasn’t bothered with any kind of preparation for his ‘undercover’ work.

I wonder if he normally carries around a little Galactor symbol. Who knows, he might need to show it to people sometimes, and ask "Have you seen anybody with this?"

quote:
Ken turns into David Cassidy as he realizes that he’s free.
Heh, I'm just realizing how much Ken and Jun look like David Cassidy and Susan Dey from the Partridge Family!

quote:
Sorry, but it just irritates me how dumb and helpless she looks. Very airheaded!

I'm sure that's another reason why Ken, in the end, doesn't acknowledge Rumi on the train -he needs a girl (like Jun) who's used handling crises.

quote:
Oh for goodness sakes, Rumi! You can see right through his stinking visor! Heck, you were hugging him in a position where you could have looked up and underneath his visor! Sheesh!

I often wonder if we're supposed to assume that their visors can't really be seen through (to protect their identies) even though we obviously can see right through them. Maybe because Tatsunoko realized the viewers wouldn't like it if they could never see the Ninjas' faces and expressions? This could also explain why, in so many movies, the hero goes into battle without his helmet on, even though everyone else has them on.

quote:
The door to his compartment opens, and it’s Amanda! And she recognizes him, even though he’s now in civvies.

I guess the "you can't see through their visors even the viewers can" rule isn't applicable in BOTP?

quote:
I guess the BOTP writers didn’t think it was appropriate for teenagers to be drinking coffee?

My mother wouldn't have wanted me to drink coffee when I was a kid, or even a young teen, really (didn't start till my first semester at university). Knowing what I know now, though, I wish I'd started when I was twelve.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 31-05-2010 at 21:30.
No new posts 31-05-2010 19:23 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

My impression is that Tatsunoko purposely wanted to keep Ken as distant from women, because of his duty. In all 3 series he pushed away women who were interested in him (besides Rumi, Yuka from Gatchaman II comes to mind) with the exception of Kena in Gatchaman II... It's strongly implied that he had feelings for Kena, but then, he had amnesia and didn't know who he was. And when he did remember, he told her goodbye.

I forgot about the little Galactor symbol being 'prep'... but you might be right. Maybe he carries around that symbol all the time!

And I guess the sunglasses disguise is 'prep' too! ROFL 2

I think the 70's long-hair look makes a lot of these guys look alike. Wink

I think we're supposed to assume that the visors distort their facial appearances enough that the Team can't be recognized. Of course, as you say, in BOTP, that might not be true...

Hmmm.... never having wanted to drink coffee myself, I can't say what my mother would have thought about it, but I seem to remember coffee being a popular thing among the girls in high school. Guess it depends on where you grew up!

No new posts 31-05-2010 19:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh, almost forgot...

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Heh, I'm just realizing how much Ken and Jun look like David Cassidy and Susan Dey from the Partridge Family!

I noticed that too... and even used it to my advantage in my 'All Shook Up' fic with Hino!

No new posts 31-05-2010 19:58 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

quote:
After all, Dr. Nambu never changes clothes,does he? Wink

Oddly, I never questioned that. As a kid, all of my father's suits mostly looked alike to me, so I just always figured Nambu had 10 suits that looked the same! Of course, he could have been a little OCD as well, which would explain a few other things...

No new posts 31-05-2010 20:57 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by RIgirl
Oddly, I never questioned that. As a kid, all of my father's suits mostly looked alike to me, so I just always figured Nambu had 10 suits that looked the same! Of course, he could have been a little OCD as well, which would explain a few other things...

Not to mention the odd color combination... pale blue suit jacket with pale yellow shirt and burgundy vest? Who'd 'a thunk it?

No new posts 31-05-2010 21:22 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RIgirl

Not to mention the odd color combination... pale blue suit jacket with pale yellow shirt and burgundy vest? Who'd 'a thunk it?

I'm imaging a ficlet in which Dr. Nambu first gives the Ninjas their numbered civvies and explains that they will have to wear them all the time, everywhere. Much vehement protest ensues and the end result compromise is that Dr. Nambu must also wear the same outfit, all the time, everywhere.

No new posts 31-05-2010 21:39 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL! I've never thought of the guys as minding so much that they have to wear the same clothes all the time. In fact, I suspect that Ken might even be relieved, because he never has to think about what to wear (which might be a chore for someone as clueless as he is).

But I love the idea that Nambu is forced to wear the same thing every day, as a concession! Lol2

No new posts 31-05-2010 23:11 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: