Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Fighter » GF translation help needed
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page GF translation help needed
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
GF translation help needed Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey, the translation/subtitling project is going well. We've got scripts for all of Gatchaman II, they've all been edited, and the subtitling is underway.

We're not so fortunate with Gatchaman Fighter. We could use any Japanese speakers who might be willing to translate GF episodes, even if it's just a few. Hopefully this is a job that can be split across multiple translators.

The resulting English doesn't have to be pretty, that's what editing is for. Smile If you're interested or know someone who might be, let me know and I'll put you in touch with Shelia!

No new posts 23-07-2012 03:08 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Wow, I had forgotten about that project. I am glad to hear it is continuing and that you have completed so much in, to me feels like, such a short time.

I am looking forward to seeing the end results.

No new posts 23-07-2012 05:11 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am just the humble editor. Smile But Shelia found existing scripts that we could use with some minor editing for the entire GII series, so that really sped things up! We do have a Japanese-speaker giving it all one last look-over to make sure nothing was altered in translation.

We only have 4 scripts for GF right now. The others that are out there are translations from the Italian release, and they're missing dialog that was in the Japanese version, so it doesn't really work.

No new posts 23-07-2012 06:00 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

I am about to start watching the majority of Gatch F without English subtitles. All I can say is--wish me luck! LOL.

(Oh...is there anything I should know or try to keep in mind?)

No new posts 01-10-2013 23:48 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: