Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Hello all
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hello all
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Dragonsbain Dragonsbain is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-04-2011

spacer
Smile Hello all Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello all,
Let me introduce myself. I'm Dragonsbain, my web name, but you can call me Kathy. I grew up on BOTP. At the age of 39, 3 years ago, I discovered Gatchaman. I was shocked at the difference. I went from a cartoon to a beautiful show. ( But that is for another thread.)

I was born and raised in Connecticut. I went to college in Montana and now live in North Carolina.

My favorite band is RUSH. I'm a Si-fi geek. I dabble in fan fiction.

I'm happy to find more Gatchaman fans.

Health and Happiness

No new posts 22-04-2011 09:10 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome, welcome, welcome, Kathy!!

I'm another who grew up with BotP - and I do know Gatchaman now, but tend to consider them two completely separate things.

I like aspects of both.

What fanfic have you written? Where could we find it?? (why yes, we do want to read it!!)

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 22-04-2011 09:35 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome from Oz!

It's wonderful to have another fan join us, I to started with BOTP and discovered Gatchaman, I'm still trying to work my way though Eagle Riders..

Will be looking forward to reading some of your fan fic
LWwelcome Wave1

just realized another condor... does this put The Condor Clan in the lead?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by littlewolf on 22-04-2011 at 10:02.
No new posts 22-04-2011 09:40 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Welcome Dragonsbain/Kathy. So why Dragonsbain? DO you love or hate dragons?

Your story, of how you found your way here, sounds similar to many people on this site including myself.

Enjoy your stay with us and please feel free to drop in and comment on any thread that captures your interest.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by clouddancer on 22-04-2011 at 13:08.
No new posts 22-04-2011 13:08 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Hi Kathy! I am someone else who grew up on BOTP and discovered Gatchaman many years later. I was shocked and thrilled at the difference, and it was wonderful to discover an entirely new series that was also so familiar!

I never wrote fanfiction, but when I started reading Gatchaman fanfic, I was hooked! Now I'm always writing *something*... Big Grin

I'm glad to see you here!

No new posts 22-04-2011 14:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank-you,

Clouddancer: I LOVE dragons. I know there is a negative meaning to Dragonsbain . I just started calling myself that about 9 years ago. I can't remember why. Actually between my husband and I we have well over 100 dragons in our collection. My husband is Korean and he had quite a collection of Asian dragons when I met him. I had a bunch of European dragons. Actually our wedding rings are custom made dragons.

Madilayn: I have to put both shows into separate categories as well. I have one piece on fan fiction.net. It is an STNG piece that I haven't quite finished yet. Over 10 years ago I was involved with a writers group out of Canada. I wrote under the name Goldenshutterbug back then.

Littlewolf: I haven't even seen Eagle Riders yet.

Health and Happiness Everyone

No new posts 22-04-2011 14:42 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

Hi Dragonsbain! Like you, I knew BOTP first as a kid, then came across Gatch as an adult.

There's a lot here to see and enjoy ... have fun!

No new posts 22-04-2011 14:42 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

A big welcome Kathy!

My story is quite the opposite! I've discovered Gatchaman at a very tender age, just after having watched only a few episodes of BotP ... and, I have never looked back! Gatchaman hooked me up and it's only after joining this site that I've been rediscovering BotP, even if I admit that I'm always loyal to Gatchaman! I am also fortunate to have had the luck of being able to watch all three, original series ... Gatchaman, Gatch II, and Gatch F! I hardly remember details of Gatch II, since they're only based on childhood memories, but thanks to the "Episode of the Week" Gatchaman threads you can find in this site (which I totally urge you to read!), which also played a great part in my wanting to acquire the whole set of episodes, and the luck of having a few Italian dubbed Gatch F episodes in my hands, I'm now reliving my happy, childhood past!

Like TJ I never wrote fanfiction, but I tried to do so after being inspired by reading so many awesome fics written by many other brilliant authors you can find in this fandom! I hope that by having joined this bunch you'd be intrigued to write more, maybe even sharing more of your work with us!

No new posts 22-04-2011 15:40 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Welcome Dragonsbain, and fellow Condor! Wave2

My parents are originally from Connecticut, and I spent a lot of time there in the summers, as a kid. My sister even managed to get Lyme disease in 1980.

I'm another one who watched Battle of the Planets as a kid and discovered Gatchaman much later (late 2006 in my case). I was smitten and it was what inspired me to my first-ever fic writing; that, and reading and enjoying so many good fics in this fandom and wanting to try to give something back in return.

No new posts 22-04-2011 16:08 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

A dragonslayer could be a dragonsbane. I think there might be another meaning to 'bain' (in a foreign language).

Another BotP-to-Gatchaman fan in my case.

Welcome to the lunacy.

No new posts 22-04-2011 22:26 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Big Grin Wow Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you everyone. I feel very welcome. I can't wait to read everyone's stories.

Unpublished Writer: I'm always up for some good spirited madness. Thanks for the input on my name.

Iborgia88: Sorry to your sis. Lyme disease is just plain hard on your body. Where are your parents from? I spent my first 17 years living in Ansonia.

Gatchamarie: How were you able to see Gatchaman as a child? Did you grow up in Italy? As far as the fan fiction goes, I love reading other people's take on the show.

Everyone, I haven't written any Gatchaman yet. My brain has been mulling over the " Rewrite the puppy episode" challenge. I might. I have an interesting angle on Joe. In my 20's, I was a house mother for both UCP and a boys home. Basically I took care of extremely mentally fractured boys. That is a nice way to put it. I had 8 boys from the ages of 8-12. Very basically, put Joe's attitude on a very bad day, into Jinipi.

Health and Happiness

No new posts 23-04-2011 20:18 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
RE: Wow Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Dragonsbain
Iborgia88: Sorry to your sis. Lyme disease is just plain hard on your body. Where are your parents from? I spent my first 17 years living in Ansonia.

My Dad's from Bristol and my Mom's from New Britain, and I still have aunts, uncles and cousins in various parts of the state though my parents moved to Nova Scotia in '62.

I haven't been to Ansonia, though.

My sister actually got treated quite early on, and never had any recurring problems of any kind. She was damned lucky that our local GP, in Nova Scotia, was able to figure out what the likely problem was (she had a sore and swollen knee), though he had to call up someone at Yale's medical school to find out what antibiotic regimen to put her on.

quote:
Very basically, put Joe's attitude on a very bad day, into Jinipi.

Yikes. I think I can imagine that...

I'd love to read your take on the "Puppy Episode"!

No new posts 23-04-2011 21:12 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
RE: Wow Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Gatchamarie: How were you able to see Gatchaman as a child? Did you grow up in Italy? As far as the fan fiction goes, I love reading other people's take on the show.

I'm actually Maltese and during my early childhood we only had one Maltese television channel, which aired alone during the 80's for quite some time, so I couldn't do otherwise but be inclined to watch shows on the many Italian channels I could find when compared to the one channel we had! I was fortunate enough to have been able to discover the original Gatchaman on these Italian channels, translated in a language which became a second language to me from the very beginning! And, I also have had the opportunity to watch many other popular anime series, mostly of the same genre since I was raised as the youngest sister of two other brothers! But, I don't regret having been pushed to watch such shows at all since I really didn't watch them against my will!

I hope that your stay here will trigger you to write more Gatchaman related fics! There's never enough of them!

No new posts 24-04-2011 14:55 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Very basically, put Joe's attitude on a very bad day, into Jinipi.

Yikes. I think I can imagine that...

Oh my! I'm afraid to just think about it! You must have some guts, Dragonsbain, but it's very admirable of you!

No new posts 24-04-2011 15:02 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

welcome Ah...here's your welcome thread! I welcomed you in another thread, but here's another one!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 24-04-2011 16:38 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Pufles65 Pufles65 is a Female
Master Boardie

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-06-2010

spacer

Welcome Dragonsbain,
I too came to GM through B of the P's. I was lucky to find out about GM through a friend in the 80's. She hooked me up with GM video's and even though they were in Japenese I loved them.
There are a lot of wonderfully talented fic writers on this site. I'm sure you'll fit right in and I too look forward to seeing your take on the puppy episode. Smile If I had more time I'd consider writing more too.
Again a great big welcome! Wink Animeparty Animeclap Animerose Animehello

No new posts 25-04-2011 02:52 Pufles65 is offline Send an Email to Pufles65 Search for Posts by Pufles65 Add Pufles65 to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Welcome Dragonsbain/Kathy, it's great to have you here. I look forward to reading any fics that you might create and your "different" insight into the Condor.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 02-05-2011 00:26 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks everyone.

No new posts 05-05-2011 14:11 Dragonsbain is offline Send an Email to Dragonsbain Search for Posts by Dragonsbain Add Dragonsbain to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: