Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »The World on the Web » Emergency Magazine - Mads in it!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Emergency Magazine - Mads in it!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Emergency Magazine - Mads in it! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I thought you'd like to take a look at the in-house Magazine that the Qld Department of Emergency Services publishes.

The latest edition is at www.emergency.qld.gov.au/publications/emergency

There's an article on the IWD Forum that I assisted in organising and also a (rather bad) picture of me. It's at the end of the day so neat and tidy and unruffled just weren't happening!

You may also find it intieresting as it covers the massive floods we've just had in Quensland as well as the cyclone to hit (floods got under control, then Cyclone came visiting. Our EMQ people were BUSY!)

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Madilayn on 04-05-2010 at 01:20.
No new posts 04-05-2010 01:19 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Mads!!!!!!

Loved the article and the pic!!!!

Wow ... your'e really tall, babe! What height you at? I'm 5'11" in bare feet ... You seem to be as tall, if not taller...

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 04-05-2010 01:31 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Looks great, Maddy! You should be very proud! thumbsup2

Wow, you're tall, SJ! I'm jealous! I'm only 5'8", but I've always wanted to be taller, especially since my DH is 6'3"!

No new posts 04-05-2010 02:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Wow! That's very nice, Maddy! We have a celebrity among us! Congrats!!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-05-2010 02:11 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm around 5'11" as well. I was only wearing flat shoes that day - about a 2" heel.

We are proud of how well the day went - very smoothly but the WRG committee were totally exhausted at the end!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 04-05-2010 02:13 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

That's really Mads! I bet it feels good to be publicly acknowledged like that for all your hard work.

No new posts 04-05-2010 02:20 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Looks great, Maddy! You should be very proud! thumbsup2

Wow, you're tall, SJ! I'm jealous! I'm only 5'8", but I've always wanted to be taller, especially since my DH is 6'3"!

We're opposite in our house ... Flash is only 5'6", where as I am the giant... He hates it when I throw on a decent pair of heels, because he ends up with his face at boob level ... haha!

Being tall aint all it's cracked up to be ... I am all legs, so I have a 36" inseam, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to get those cute jeans and pants at a reasonable price.... I have to shop in stores that have the length... Levis does it, as does Parasuco ... and I hae found Aeropostale have a decent length that allows a great pair of heels ...

And ... arm length ... (arm length directly corrrelating to height, of course) buying shirts, coats, and blazers with a full sleeve length is damn near impossible ... Tall Girl and Long Legs stores (hugely expensive) become the only place to get a nice coat...

5'8" is a perfect height ... enjoy it, embrace it ... We tall girls are jealous.

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 04-05-2010 02:45 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

Agree SJ - one of the reasons that I make most of my own clothes is to get sleeves especially to fit. I'm fairly in proportion but still, they dont make clothing to fit taller women!

Added to height and size - I also take a size 10.5 - 11 shoe!!! - and for a gal with a shoe addiction, then it's a real problem...

Funnily enough, with transvestites almost being "mainstream" now plenty of women's shoe manufacturers make larger sizes so I get some really cute heels quite easily from normal stores.

No new posts 04-05-2010 02:50 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

SJ, you'd be surprised how hard it is to find some clothes for 5'8" frame. I'm that tall, too. And I have a hard time with pant lengths and long sleeves. Heck I even have a hard time fitted blouses because I've got broad shoulders. If I can find Talls for pants, I can get a 34" inseam and not look like I'm wearing high waters.

No new posts 04-05-2010 03:09 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

On the other hand, I'm a 7 and a half (American shoe size), making it hard to find work boots. Men's work boots don't often go below about 7 or 8 (8 or 9 women's). Trying to find women's sizes (even at Wal-Mart) is a problem anyway.

Mid-range is usually the best place to be for clothes. You aren't stuck looking through childish styles if you're petite, nor are you trying to find your size if you're taller. (And Heaven help you if you're built like the Venus of Willendorf!)

No new posts 04-05-2010 03:10 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Lookin good Maddy! A job well done.

I'm around 5'10" tall, medium frame and broad shoulders, so I don't need shoulder pads!

No new posts 04-05-2010 03:52 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

That's one magazine, Maddy! You must be proud to be a part of it!

I always thank God that we do not have such problems, here (we do have ours but nothing compared!), and it's awesome how people unite in aid of each other.

I'm 1m 64cm tall (I don't know the conversion in feet at hand!) so I'm quite short compared to you but of the average height of people who live here. My main problem when buying clothes is when it comes to my waist. My bust and hips are proportionate but my waist is tiny compared to them ... so I always end up with the right fit for the wider parts with a gap at the waist! Last time I had to buy the size of a 13-14-year-old from BHS in order to fit in the clothes properly! Not that I did mind ... I do like to wear trendy clothes of the younger generation, notwithstanding my age! Thanks to my family geens I also have to wear Size 40 (Size 7) shoes! Fortunately, nowadays, we can find such sizes in larger quantities in shoe shops!

No new posts 04-05-2010 05:20 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

I must admit tht I'm proud to be part of Emergency Services - the three services it covers (Fire, Ambulance and SES/Coast Guard,etc) are an amazing group of people.

The interesting thing is that even those of us who are non-operatoinal (eg: not uniformed) seem to have that same spirit as the operational people. Most of us are either SES volunteers or when needed, we work volunatarily at the Disaster Coordination Centres. It's ben found tht those who don't have that spirit, usualy move onto other Government departments fairly quickly.

No new posts 04-05-2010 05:58 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Certain jobs are mostly based upon dedication and character, and yours is like such, Maddy! It's great to have a job with a purpose and not just sitting around ... it makes you appreciate life much more and it makes you feel worthy!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gatchamarie on 04-05-2010 at 06:15.
No new posts 04-05-2010 06:15 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
You go Girl!!!! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Your Right ! you don't last long without spirit and a sense of humour, and able to work/volunteer some very strange and long hours, let along still be happy in the middle of a storm or covered in mud, and learn to sleep when you can and in some stange places
You said you're part of Emergency services , Are you Ambo, Firey or More SES or a little of both.
Which Disaster Cordination Centre do you work :Kedron?
Spent 6-7 years wearing the orange jump suit in NSW and QLD, loved every minute, even when it involved moving live stock.
PS as for all you lovely Tall women, I am envious, I'm 5 foot one with a size five foot - still find bargains in the kiddies section

No new posts 04-05-2010 11:02 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm actually an IT Project Administrator so I work on IT projects for all three.

I'm based at the Gabba which is where the IT projects tend to live but I do work at Kedron when they active the Disaster centre and I', on a shift there.

: grins: You know what I look like now, littlewolf, for when we meet up on Saturday!

No new posts 04-05-2010 11:10 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer
Looking forward to it Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Though I feel slightly vertically challenged at the moment, may have to wear heels.(i feel like an umpalumpa)
Am trying to cramb a few extra episodes of BOTP in to catch up and re-read some of your fics befor we meet, but have, had the strong urge to do Gatcha-craft, and it's getting a little out of hand, , now I keep wondering were I put my resin, and my gatcha-mobile has gone from me needing my metal cutters to wondering were I can get a welder, thank heavens work is a little slow, my right brain in working overtime

No new posts 04-05-2010 11:25 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Congratulations, Maddy! It must be a good feeling, at the end of a long day on the job to know that what you're doing saves lives.

No new posts 04-05-2010 12:30 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I can see why people without 'spirit' move on... it's got to be the kind of job where you give your all, because lives are on the line. I can certainly tell from your psts that you're very proud of your part in it, Maddy!

A couple of years ago I discovered a British clothing company called Boden. They make gorgeous clothes in both regular and tall sizes. I usually get the tall sizes, even though they're sometimes too big, because I love the length.

And I'm still envious of you tall girls! The only time i get to be truly tall is in my Swannie boots, which add 6 inches to my height! Yes, I'm teetering around on them at over 6 feet...

No new posts 04-05-2010 13:27 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I'm just a wee bit shorter than TJ- 5'7" and I don't usually feel vertically challenged, but I do after reading this thread! Sounds like our fandom is chock full of runway models! peace

And Maddy, you and LW are meeting up on Saturday? Neat! Hope you have a good time! I think it's so neat when Gatchamaniacs can get together in real life!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 04-05-2010 at 19:48.
No new posts 04-05-2010 19:48 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: