Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » New Yoshitaka Amano Book
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New Yoshitaka Amano Book
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
New Yoshitaka Amano Book Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

I meant to mention this when I posted about the recent Ippei Kuri book but it slipped my mind. I didn't see any previous mention here about it, so I hope I'm not presenting duplicate information.

A new book called Yoshitaka Amano - Illustrations was published in August by Viz Media. Amano did character design work for all three original Gatchaman series. The book contains an overview of his career highlights including his time at Tatsunoko, Final Fantasy video game designs all the way up to his current fine art pieces. There are a couple old and new Gatchaman illustrations inside, but if you're a fan of his work there isn't a whole lot new in this book. If you like his work but haven't wanted to import any of his usually more expensive Japanese art books, this could be a great place to start.

Illustrations is presented in full color on nice quality glossy paper. It's a real condensed look at his career, but it's inexpensive and in English. I actually saw one on the shelves of a local bookstore recently. That was amazing by itself!

Viz has a trailer for it here (are trailers for books a "thing" now?):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOt3bUWbrL8#t=26

It can be ordered quick and easy from Amazon, here:
https://www.amazon.com/Yoshitaka-Amano-I...Yoshitaka+Amano

Yoshitaka Amano - Illustrations
Released August 9, 2016
128 pages, 8.5" x 11"
$19.99
Published by Viz Media
ISBN978-1421589572

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 04-10-2016 at 01:08.
No new posts 04-10-2016 01:05 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the info, Jason! I hadn't realized that this book was out. I agree, it's great looking at his original Gatchaman illustrations.

No new posts 04-10-2016 13:05 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
adrianag adrianag is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-07-2015

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hola Jason,

As always, it's nice to have a review about the new books including our favorite characters!

Thanks for the links and for sure, it will be great to have one!

Clap

No new posts 04-10-2016 14:46 adrianag is offline Send an Email to adrianag Search for Posts by adrianag Add adrianag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Adrianag YIM Screenname: Adrianag MSN Screenname: Adrianag
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: