Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Snack Attack!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Snack Attack!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've been trying really hard to be good and keep my weight down, so I only really ''snack' on weekends. But I love Guylian chocolate seashells (from Belgium), Toffee Crisp bars (from the UK) and Swedish fish (from the US).

Oh, and the hot cookies I just pulled out of the oven. Those are good too! Big Grin

No new posts 19-07-2015 16:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

There is no way I can eat hot cookies straight from the oven when it's already like 1000 degrees outside! LOL.

DT: Good on you for staying away from soda. I have some every now and then myself (and try not to fall into the habit of drinking it all the time!).

E.D. : I like the Cool Ranch Doritos too, they're a nice change from the regular ones. I've never had the fruit Tootsie-Rolls, only the regular ones.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Redbird on 20-07-2015 at 22:05.
No new posts 20-07-2015 22:02 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

Wow ... good thing I read this after dinner or I would be eating everything in sight! LOL

I love chocolate, any kind, any form, but I do like the sweet-and-sour kind of candy too -- the Sour Patch Kids or Jolly Rancher Soft Chews -- soooooo good!

If I'm in a salty/savory mood, though, it'll be potato chips or pretzels thins (especially with salsa!).

No new posts 23-07-2015 22:57 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

Hi all,

Some of my favorites:
Zero bars - when I can find them
Black and White cookies - especially the kind from one local bakery
Maltesers - UK "Whoppers" but much better tasting
Everyburger - Japanese chocolate / biscuit combos shaped like hamburgers
Green Tea Kit-Kats - Japanese seasonal treats

From the way-back machine:
Candy cigarettes - the crunchy, starchy kind with pink ends
Slush Puppies
Choco'Lite - chocolate bars with air bubbles inside - same cost, less chocolate!
Big League Chew - which I guess you can still get some places
Lik-m-aid Fun Dip - I loved the slightly bitter tasting "dip sticks" on their own.

Gee, two tobacco-based candies. Wrong by today's standards I guess, but they never made me want to smoke. They just tasted good!

I'd *really* like Slush Puppy today, it's ridiculously hot and humid outside. 7-Eleven Slurpies are fine, but just not the same.

Thanks for asking, it's fun reading others' favorites!

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 24-07-2015 01:44 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

I once ordered a thing of snack/halloween-sized Japanese Kit Kats in 33 different flavors off of eBay. Going through them has been very fun, though often requiring me to do some online research to see what a flavor is, LOL, by matching the packaging to pictures!

No new posts 24-07-2015 01:55 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by The Other Jason
From the way-back machine:
Candy cigarettes - the crunchy, starchy kind with pink ends

That reminds me of a little bit from Larry the Cable Guy. While talking about his childhood, he said that his sister would go through two cartons of candy cigarettes a day. "I got second-hand diabetes thanks to her!"

No new posts 24-07-2015 05:17 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

So many people like the Maltesers. LOL. Haven't had them myself though.

TheOtherJason: I remember all those retro candies except for the Slush Puppies, which I don't think we had here (it was always Slurpees), and the Choco'Lite, which I haven't heard of before.

I'm sure you remember the bubble gum cigarettes with the powder on the end , that made "smoke" when you blew on the cigarette.

Anyone remember those little bubble-gum record albums? The bubble gum was pink, shaped like a record, and tucked inside a mini album. They were neat. Smile

Never had had the Japanese KitKats but I like strawberry filled daifuku. Tongue

No new posts 24-07-2015 11:13 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
Anyone remember those little bubble-gum record albums? The bubble gum was pink, shaped like a record, and tucked inside a mini album. They were neat. Smile

Oh yeah! Somewhere I heard that, if you'd collected all the album covers (there weren't that many...8?) and kept the gum inside, they'd be worth about $50.

Another thing I remember was the Bubble Burger. It was bubble gum made to look like a small hamburger -- white colored gum was used for the buns and pink for the meat. It came in a box that looked like the package Big Macs came in at that time.

I consider the late 1970's and early 1980's to be the golden age of bubble gum. All the different flavors and novelties required the same amount of shelf space as all the chocolates, candies, and snack cakes....ah, good times! Drool1

No new posts 24-07-2015 18:12 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I don't remember how many there were, but I do remember I had an ABBA one and the cover was blue. LOL.

Oooh, I remember those Bubble Burgers too! Smile

No new posts 24-07-2015 20:26 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all,

quote:
So many people like the Maltesers. LOL. Haven't had them myself though.

TheOtherJason: I remember all those retro candies except for the Slush Puppies, which I don't think we had here (it was always Slurpees), and the Choco'Lite, which I haven't heard of before.

I'm sure you remember the bubble gum cigarettes with the powder on the end , that made "smoke" when you blew on the cigarette.

Never had had the Japanese KitKats but I like strawberry filled daifuku. Tongue

I do remember that type of candy cigarette, but I don't remember if I ever had any.

But the the bubblegum records? You bet! They were called Chu-Bops, I think. I always wanted to get all the Beatles ones, but they disappeared from shelves before I could.

Try to find some Maltesers if you can. I like the flavors of most UK chocolates. Other goodies like Hob-Nobs, Crunchy bars and certain Aero bar flavors are worth finding too.

The Other Jason

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 27-07-2015 at 05:48.
No new posts 27-07-2015 05:00 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

You folks are making me wish I was staying with my mom and could go to the retro candy store in her town. Smile

No new posts 27-07-2015 05:28 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

But the the bubblegum records? You bet! They were called Chu-Bops, I think. I always wanted to get all the Beatles ones, but they disappeared from shelves before I could.

Try to find some Maltesers if you can. I like the flavors of most UK chocolates. Other goodies like Hob-Nobs, Crunchy bars and certain Aero bar flavors are worth finding too.

Now I'm intrigued by the Maltesers. Haven't had the Hob-Nobs but I enjoy digestive biscuits. Smile

LOL. I love UK chocolates too. They're so much better than anything we can get here!

I will say the one thing I really don't like are the Cadbury Flake bars. They drive me crazy! Little pieces of chocolate dropping all over the place and just too messy overall. Tongue

And I'm so glad you remember the bubblegum records! (You're right they are Chu-bops). It seems to be hit or miss when I ask people about them.

No new posts 27-07-2015 11:34 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
And I'm so glad you remember the bubblegum records! (You're right they are Chu-bops). It seems to be hit or miss when I ask people about them.

Maybe many people don't remember because the darned things sold out very quickly...I was always --ALWAYS-- the unfortunate soul immediately after the person who bought the last one!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 27-07-2015 at 17:26.
No new posts 27-07-2015 17:25 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
quote:

Maybe many people don't remember because the darned things sold out very quickly...I was always --ALWAYS-- the unfortunate soul immediately after the person who bought the last one!

Ouch! So you were left with the choices of Foghat, or.... Foghat.

The Other Jason

No new posts 27-07-2015 23:35 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
quote:

Ouch! So you were left with the choices of Foghat, or.... Foghat.

Rofl Good one!

No new posts 28-07-2015 01:38 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: