Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » problems over at Gatchfanfic
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page problems over at Gatchfanfic
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Her mother is ill. Last time I talked to her about it she didn't have a good grasp of what was happening. People need to write her and give her a kind of step by step of what you're doing and what's happening when you do it, which will make it easier to diagnose.

No new posts 25-06-2015 02:48 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'll send her another note.

No new posts 27-06-2015 00:33 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks. Smile

No new posts 27-06-2015 01:07 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Just tried to get on Gatchfanfic now, from the shortcut on my desktop, and it leads to a totally different site Frown Maybe the domain name has been taken?

No new posts 19-11-2015 23:08 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

No, it'll work later. Not sure what is going on but I'll let Julieann know.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 19-11-2015 at 23:39.
No new posts 19-11-2015 23:36 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

I've just tried and got the site with no problem (for whatever that's worth...)

No new posts 20-11-2015 01:49 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

It's a very random thing - like there is a name server out there that isn't resolving the domain name to the correct IP address. As long as you don't get routed through that server, you don't have an issue. The other day, I was waiting for my son and I could get to the site if I used my cell connection, but not if I used the local wifi. While I was in the room chatting, the server I was routing through must have changed because I got errors/dumped as soon as I posted my next comment. I then got back on the local wifi and could get back to the chat. A little while after that and both networks must have been routing through the same server because I couldn't get there using either. Other days, I can connect and stay on all day without an issue.

However, this has nothing to do with the story posting issues. That's a completely unrelated issue that has something to do with the story submission code.

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 20-11-2015 02:25 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

No but it could be outdated server code. I think Julieann is one of those with her own dedicated servers, but I could be wrong.

No new posts 20-11-2015 15:10 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I also noticed that the problem comes and goes -- now the site functions fine when I access it from the laptop.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Daniella T on 21-11-2015 at 20:56.
No new posts 21-11-2015 20:55 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

I have most of my BotP stories over at Gatchfanfic (like 33 of them!) and I don't really have them backed up properly anywhere else. Any advice on how to download them or save them that won't take forever and a day? I'd like to migrate things over to fanfiction.net, but I hate the way things are (aren't) organized over there. Help!

No new posts 06-12-2015 02:35 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Julie fanfiction net isn't that bad... plus it gives you an audience which maybe doesn't go on Gatchfanfic. Okay, it's not as "cosy" (that's the best way I can describe it) as Gatchfanfic, but it will ensure your stories will be available! So, please go there!!!

No new posts 06-12-2015 12:42 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by jublke
I have most of my BotP stories over at Gatchfanfic (like 33 of them!) and I don't really have them backed up properly anywhere else. Any advice on how to download them or save them that won't take forever and a day? I'd like to migrate things over to fanfiction.net, but I hate the way things are (aren't) organized over there. Help!

Not sure if you're on a PC or a Mac, but if you're on a PC, if you right click on the web page your story is on, you could save the web page itself. Then at least you'd have the text. Then if you wanted to copy the text over into MS Word (or whatever you use) on your own time, you can do that.

No new posts 06-12-2015 13:41 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I did that with all of the fics I had posted that I didn't have on my computer anymore. It took a few days but it was worth it just incase.

No new posts 08-12-2015 00:47 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I think I may have found a workaround to post at gatchfanfic.

I tested posting an episode review I wrote last spring. When I pasted the text into the editor, I got the 403 error. BUT, when I uploaded the story as a text file (*.txt), I did not get the error and I was able to preview and post.

I did find that if you upload and hit preview, the text from your file will fill in the editor. If you just hit submit, you will get the error. But, if you delete the text from the editor, re-upload the text file, and hit submit, I was able to post.

As I type this, I have to leave for class, but if someone else wants to try this let me know how it works. I'm not a total code/tech person, but I have a suspicion that the issues have to do with the TinyMCE text editor.

If you write in MS Word, you can save the file as a .txt file. I saved it as both .docx and .txt.

Edit: I uploaded a second ep review I'd posted earlier this year and I was able to upload and post it with no problems. I had a little more time when I did the second one (as it was after class), and there is one downside to uploading it this way: if you've formatted your text with italics, bold, etc., the formatting will be lost. This might be something you may want to consider before you post there.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by msannomalley on 08-12-2015 at 19:52.
Reason: Added more info about the second story I posted.
No new posts 08-12-2015 16:17 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That's promising! If a few folks want to try that out I'll pass along the results to Julieann. Smile (Unless you want to do so yourselves.)

No new posts 08-12-2015 19:55 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I am kicking myself for not getting screenshots. Oh well. Maybe I can try to write out what I did step by step?

When uploading, I did notice that the only two file formats accepted were *.txt or *.html. I did not try uploading html files.

No new posts 09-12-2015 14:29 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by msannomalley
I am kicking myself for not getting screenshots. Oh well. Maybe I can try to write out what I did step by step?

When uploading, I did notice that the only two file formats accepted were *.txt or *.html. I did not try uploading html files.

Chris, I wrote out what I found when I tried to post and how she can try to recreate the error herself. I posted it in Google Docs. Send her the link.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t_Lo...dit?usp=sharing

No new posts 09-12-2015 17:10 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Done! If you get bored, maybe try the .html format too and let us know?

No new posts 09-12-2015 21:01 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: