Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 42 - A Romance Destroyed By Evil
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 42 - A Romance Destroyed By Evil
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

quote:
Thanks, James! I get so confused with all of those similar names...Ameria, Ameris, Amerishima ...couldn't they have come up with something a little more original? LOL

Well, they did have other, unfamiliar sounding countries. This episode also had Bien, and there were also places like Ruman Kingdom (#19), Doria Kingdom (#34), Einstein (#46), Hontwal (#'s 51~53), Atari (#54), Franbell (#64), Monalinth Kingdom (#66), Asham (#80), Well (#84), Sainan (#97), Imaria (#104), and more. And this doesn't count all of the numerous cities, islands, penninsulas, and the like that they also mentioned.

Also, America wasn't the only country they did that to -- let's not forget Indelhia (#'s 50, 88). And don't even get me started on Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter, where mutant versions of existing country names were the norm!

James

No new posts 01-09-2009 01:51 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You make a really good point, James! Atari? I gotta go back and watch that episode now...I never noticed that one...too funny!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 01-09-2009 02:05 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Atari is the country used in Gatchaman Burns With Rage. The Atariian delegate was murdered and replaced with a Galactor operative, whom Ken exposes and thn chases in a red sports car, only to torture him later with the fire extingisher.

No new posts 01-09-2009 12:58 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

I find this to be one of the most ironical scene from the whole first series.

Condor Joe attacked with feather shurikens by a giant Chicken Mecha! I guess Gallactors had a wicked sense of humor that week!

No new posts 01-09-2009 17:38 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

New here.

Nice summary. And the BOTP rewrite was included, too! YAY! (I'm working on memory with that show.)

Little bit of MST3K in the review, I noticed. Snicker.

More Fish Parade!!!

One big hole in the plot is that Romina and Julia are ON a battlefield, and it looks like the war just ended. If they were working to end the war, they should be elsewhere.

And is Galactor fast, or what? They get amazing things done within a few hours or days. And yet, they can't take over the world.

In my state, BOTP played on a UHF station that also ran Christian programming. The words 'Luminous Spirit' were blanked out (but not before the audience heard them a few times). So was 'Allah' in one episode.

Now to check for other reviews, so I can LMAO.

No new posts 01-09-2009 22:00 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Welcome Unpublished Writer!

Yeah, these episode reviews are so much fun, and they are doing such a fabulous job with them!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 01-09-2009 22:44 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Hello UnpublishedWriter. I recognize you from FF.net.

No new posts 01-09-2009 22:53 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by UnpublishedWriter
Little bit of MST3K in the review, I noticed. Snicker.

Sorry... I tend to do that... Big Grin At least everyone knows where I stand when I write these up. Wink

quote:
More Fish Parade!!!

Gotta love the Daily Fish Parade. And they even used it in BOTP!

I agree, Romina and Julia being on the battlefield was strange.. why were they looking for each other there? It fit in better with the BOTP idea that they had both just survived a Spectran attack.

quote:
And is Galactor fast, or what? They get amazing things done within a few hours or days. And yet, they can't take over the world.

Throw enough men and resources at a job and it can get finished very quickly... Of course, the workmanship may be shoddy, hence random susceptibility to reflected sunlight in the eye.

quote:
In my state, BOTP played on a UHF station that also ran Christian programming. The words 'Luminous Spirit' were blanked out (but not before the audience heard them a few times). So was 'Allah' in one episode.[/qupte]

James/Tatsunokofan just mentioned that earlier in this thread. How freaky that you saw it that way! So was it just weird bursts of silence while you watched the show?

[quote]Now to check for other reviews, so I can LMAO.

Hope you enjoy! LB and I put a lot of work into these.

No new posts 02-09-2009 00:58 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Ebony I love the little story!

No new posts 02-09-2009 04:29 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer

Condor Joe attacked with feather shurikens by a giant Chicken Mecha! I guess Gallactors had a wicked sense of humor that week!

You make a very good point, Amy! I think the expression on Joe's face here makes it pretty clear how he feels about getting attacked with his own (giant-sized) weapon of choice!

No new posts 02-09-2009 14:47 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Actually in that picture he'd just been hit by the mecha 'dove's' claws while trying to shoot it.He wasn't hurt by the metal feathers at all.

No new posts 02-09-2009 16:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Still, it has to be annoying to be attacked by a steroidal version of your favorite toy.

No new posts 27-04-2010 14:18 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer

You make a very good point, Amy! I think the expression on Joe's face here makes it pretty clear how he feels about getting attacked with his own (giant-sized) weapon of choice!

Lol Poor Joe! Disarmed by poultry!

Here's something interesting about doves from The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creaturs by John and Caitlin Matthews: "Only in Japan, where an ancient legend describes the dove as a messenger of war and sacred to the god of war is this symbolism [of peace] reversed. However, a dove bearing a sword is said to announce the cessation of conflict."

quote:
[A fat chicken mecha appears in the sky above them. Hey… do you think this is where they got the inspiration for the New God Phoenix n Gatchaman II?

Well... I researched 'tengu' because of the team's uniforms. Besides that tengu can be shapeshifters, but are [I]always incredibly skilled marshal artists, I came across a entry (or five) in the Encyclopedia mentioned above. One of the greates of the tengu was called 'Birdman' (what was Gatch's working title?) and he had human ears but otherwise the head of... :err: , well... a cockerel.

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by condorcandi on 12-06-2010 at 07:11.
No new posts 12-06-2010 07:02 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm with you on the irony of Joe being disarmed by poultry! There's a Gatch F episode where a group of Galactor fighters use a technique that's basically the Tornado Fighter against Ken.. and Ken's all blown away and doesn't know how to deal with it! I guess this is a case of, 'they can dish it out, but they can't take it'... Wink

No new posts 12-06-2010 13:46 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Or rather, they never anticipated the enemy using the technique, so they never thought to develop countermeasures.

I need to get out my Element Encyclopedia. Makes me wonder if the scriptwriter intentionally used a dove because of the difference between the Eastern and Western symbolism. It might have whizzed over the kids' heads, but the adults would have had something to think about and discuss.

No new posts 12-06-2010 13:55 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer

It's the Birdman with the chicken head that has me groaning... I'm probably reading way too much into it, but still...

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 12-06-2010 17:30 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Which Captain is that? The one in the Mechanika ep?

No new posts 13-06-2010 17:49 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: