Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman Episode 33: “The Grand Gezora Operation –Part 2”
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Episode 33: “The Grand Gezora Operation –Part 2”
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
quote:
Originally posted by Springie

Here's a part that had me going...huh?

quote:
Joe casts a look at the many goons sprawled inertly on the ground around them and adds “Even if we tried to make these guys talk, there’s no way they’d tell us anything.”

First of all, I thought the goons were dead...second, if the goons aren't dead, then why are they discussing their plan in front of them? Sure, they seem like they are unconscious...but some of them may not be...

It one of the things that's left unexplained in this series -what happens to the goons? In many cases, I'm pretty certain they are indeed dead, but many just go down after a punch to the stomach and I don't think that would necessarily kill a goon, though it could leave them unconscious or generally in no state to fight any more. You're right, though, that the Ninjas should be more careful what they say around them!

If the Team's goon victims don't get disposed of when their base or mecha explodes, I wonder if the Team just leaves them lying around for civilian police or other law enforcement entities to deal with?

I don't know about law enforcement and all that, but I figure that after the SNT or G-Force (pick one) pass through, the average goon brigade has some dead people, some deeply unconscious people, some shallow unconscious people, some that are conscious but in no condition to move, and the .0000001% who aren't really hurt but are smart enough to hold still till the birdies leave.

In the scene in this ep, tho, Katze was watching, so the goons were probably either dead or very very unconscious. Either way, they weren't answering questions.

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 13-06-2010 04:22 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Curse of the Cuttlefish, Pt. 2

BotP

One thing I can't figure out: Shaggy often sounded slightly squeaky; Mark never does.

I just knew Zark would get the job of exposition. :sigh:

What was Zark doing on an oil break when you would have thought he'd be stuck by his monitors until the situation on Arcturus was resolved?

Spectran spies learn everything? Could have fooled me.

The dog…is…flying. And Adrea is saying…."Cool."

Zoltar: "Destroy every building in the city until the tapes are found."

Ummm….Considering the tapes are of a size to be relatively portable, how smart is that? Altho the "Give everyone notice so they can take refuge" (besides Gatch being Franked) can be construed to be something on the line of "I'm a great and powerful warrior, but look how kind I am to the civilians of my enemies. I let them get to where they'll be safe before I attack."

Scads of destruction on the (robot) army and air force.

Yes, Zark, we understand that kindly Zoltar gave the civilians enough time to evacuate.

Hey, they cut out one of the best scenes! G-1, 2, and 5 facing down the PDOS in the city courtyard. And in GoS, G-2 has a great line. BTW, if the area's supposed to be evacuated, what are all those people doing there? They can't all be the "too stubborn to leave" kind. (Where you have to knock `em out and haul `em off. You know, like G-1 and G-2.) Too poor to get out by themselves?

Anderson's telling this guy that two members of G-Force may have been captured by Spectran spies. Even if the guy he's talking to has the necessary security clearance, what about the half dozen around him?

Don't tell me: there's NO contingency plan in case the tapes do fall in Zoltar's hands….stinky government planning?

G-3 and 4 in the cell…"Broop-toot…think-tank Zark never fails." So much to say, so little room…

The Spectran soldiers here seem a lot more worried than their Galactor counterparts about killing the wrong girl and boy. Shades of interplanetary vs. terrorist relations?

S-9: "I never make mistakes." She's right about them, unfortunately. Now the guys gotta prove her wrong. And here they come, dummies at the ready.

They're crediting Zark with the dummy idea? Granted, takes one to…nevermind.

Mark says that they'd better start combing every street and alley. Cut to the next scene. This still of the city is used near the beginning of the GoS version, Pt 1, while Ace is talking about the model of the wonderful pollution free city. Model city or alien, LawnPark or Bomber's Bay, it still looks weird.

Why is Tiny flying the Phoenix in his civilian clothes?

Zark: A chill in his trigatron? My immediate reaction: Cringe and groan.

Princess and Keyop helpless? Outnumbered and outgunned, maybe, but helpless? Where's the Zark smacker?

What's with the extendable legs on the trashcan?

At least Mark has the grace to acknowledge that taking the wristbands landed them in this mess.

I guess Zark's good for something -target practice.

So Mark finally figured out about keeping the wristband out of sight in his pocket. And I'm not surprised that Tiny was contacted first; he's the one who principally flies the Phoenix.

What's Big 10? Is it like `roger'? And why is G-5 still in civvie mode?

Why didn't they show G-1 invading the `castle'? Is it because he cut himself on the glass and bleeding or that they didn't want to show the great leader getting fooled by a couple of dummies?

When Mark is talking about going on the squid to get Prin and Key, his face and restrained trembling convey an emotion his voice doesn't.

In between Mark getting upset about asking for the bands in the first place and this point, I get the feeling that there were some clipped clips in GoS. I'll find out for sure soon enough.

Zoltar's gloating that with only three members on board the Phoenix, he'll clobber the ship. Nevermind that often Tiny's the only one on board, and he manages to keep it in one piece and then some.

And the big Z also bragged about tearing apart the city to find the tapes, never mind that, in the great tradition of good guy government documents, it's most likely to be in the big building with the special (in this case, atom) symbol on it. Zark says the Spectran spies must have found out that they were in the Federation Building. First place to look, if you ask me.

Love nondescript suitcases. You can put papers or traps in them, and who's the wiser? Until it's too late.
Devil1

What's with Keyop's somewhat inane dialogue at times?

Rescue, Swan sets bomb, and how did Mark get the tape off without her flinching?

One thing I never, ever got. I understand why the squid's tentacles were hollow –lighter, lower material costs, easier to make flexible-and why there had to be different textured spots on the tentacles –for gripping and such. But instead of ridges or something like that, there were big holes on/in the tentacles. Big enough for a human to climb in. If this was a cost-saving move, it was also a big blunder. (Fanfic Chihuahua mech.)

That time bomb hurt. Evilimu

Why did Zoltar have the idea that he could carry that building out of the atmosphere, all the way thru space, and back to Spectra?

Hmm, a green goon with brains. He was resetting the course before Zoltar spoke. Maybe he'll get a good seat in the escape ship.

I notice they left out the part where the two coffin shaped boxes are put in the crumbling building.

Tentacle makes contact with trap, Chem LX-10, according to Princess. Apparently so new that not too many know about it. (And Zark gets the credit for idea and execution…is this one reason why he makes so many gag?)

Ink attack. Tiny dodges a missile…Pretty smart attack, firing the missile behind the ink screen.

Never could figure out how Phoenix got hung up on that rock. I mean, it was powerful enough to shatter it in the first place. I also didn't think the bird missiles could follow a target. (Nice shot, G-2!)

More LX-10 capsules are released into the water. Probably time for the mech of the week to explode…

Yep.

That's a cute exchange: Keyop: "Doot…about Spectra spies?"
Prin: "Demoted to janitors, I hope."

Zark…arch supports….oh-kaaaayyyyy….Gag, Susan…Zark, a genius?

Four more mini-tootsie rolls, two mini-Krackle bars, a Hershey's kiss, and one mini Hershey's bar…Just this episode! Zark owes me….Susan too.

GoS up next…Where's my jasmine tea?

No new posts 13-06-2010 04:39 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

GoS

Galactor's out to destroy the main chemical plant. No "give the people time to run" warning here!

Non-robotic army being destroyed, air force too.

That backbeat would be a lot more effective if it varied with events. As it is, it's just monotonous.

Interesting G-1 vs. G-2 back and forth here: Dirk wants to blow the squid up, Ace says they have to wait til the right time, Dirk says when the time is right, than they'll go.

Hootie adds, "We'll destroy `em."

More not-robot planes destroyed.

Galactor gloating…apparently the armor on the squid is made from two special uranium alloys. PDOS looks really skinny and his mask looks black.

Again the question, do mayor and these guys have the security clearance to know that two G-force members are missing? (At least Brighthead didn't name them!)

Galactor's doing his big announcing thing in the city courtyard. He want G-force and is blatantly lying to the (remaining) citizens. This is where BotP skips to the next scene. But…

A boomerang comes flying and knocks(?) out a soldier (no blood?). Ace is in a bell tower. (No comments about bats, please.) So are the other two guys.

Little boy: "It's G-force!" Mom: grabs him and ducks for cover!

"We and they?" What school of diction did Galactor go to?

Three bird guys clobber about 10 times their number. In under a minute. (surprise, surprise)

Hootie: Clobbers five soldiers at once!

Galactor points his pistol at the three.

Dirk: "Go ahead and fire, Galactor. You can only hit one of us." Love this line!

They're between two and three feet from Galactor. I know that the power of the bullet depends on pistol caliber and cartridge load. Their uniforms seem to deal with ricochet machine gun fire pretty well, but their helmets at least are vulnerable to shrapnel if they are too close to the blast zone. (a la the puppy ep.) And their lower faces are vulnerable.

Galactor warns G-force about the boy and girl he has in his (agent's) custody.

Love the tough guy act Ace puts on here. He pretends he doesn't care what happens to Galactor's prisoners, whoever they are. Really throws Galactor for a loop.

Dirk fires at Galactor. Galactor jumps, Dirk misses, Galactor throws his gun –which explodes like a bomb(?)- and runs for the hills –er, squid. Is the PDOS (courtesy Lori McDonald) the only guy G-2 ever misses!?!

When Hootie mentions that the two prisoners are probably Pewee and Aggie, Ace gets upset about them not having their transpower bands (bad command decision). Dirk looks around at the flattened soldiers and says, "I don't think it's any use asking these guys where Galactor has them hidden." (Which means the GG's aren't waking up soon, if ever.)

When Hootie protests Ace's plan to distract Galactor until they can figure out where the other two are, Dirk says, "Let's follow Ace's plan this time." So many comments, so little time….

Keyop's and Pewee's lines about wishing they had their bands are virtually identical here. Since I couldn't understand what Keyop was saying when he pounded the wall, I can only relate that Pewee is saying he's going to let Ace have it when they get out of there.

Aggie deserves a smack here. Galactor may have eavesdropping devices in that cell, and she and Pewee may not have found all of them. Yet she tells Pewee that if they had been wearing their bands, Galactor would have known for sure that they were G-force. [I[Excuse me!!!![/I] On several levels!!! And no one ever mentions if their pockets were searched, so just maybe they could have carried the bands with them and gotten out of trouble a lot sooner. And for the cherry on the sundae, Pewee AGREES with Aggie that Ace taking their bands was a good idea. A smack for him too!

In-ter-rest-ing. When Veronica comes in, she says she just met with G-force. Uh-huh. Oh, the fanfic ramifications...

Aggie does get a good line here. "What does your social appointment calendar have to do with us?" She also puts herself between Pewee and Veronica.

Pewee also gets a good line. When Veronica notes that two members seemed to be missing, he says, "Maybe they were playing hooky from their jobs."

Then Pewee slips. When Veronica gets nasty, Pewee slips and says she sounds like Galactor. (Does this mean that Galactor uses the male alias Vernon?) :-P Veronica asks how he knows what Galactor sounds like, than says that if they know Galactor that well, it proves their G-force, and they're going to be eliminated anyway.

You know, the ISO/Galactic Security/Institute of Science pseudo-jobs are sounding really good about now. After all, by listening to tapes of PDOS's voice, theoretically agents of the proper organizations would know what he sounds like.

GG-in-street-clothes says that radar is picking up the Phoenix. The frequency that taps in to the cameras on the Phoenix's bridge shows five, altho we only see the back of "G-3" and "G-4", seats and helmets. Veronica immediately wonders what is going on.

As a side note, the female Galactor captain in GoS usually seems to be a lot smarter than the guy in the purple pointy-eared mask.

And Hootie thought of the dummy substitution idea in GoS. And I'll say it again –Owls do not get enough credit. Esp. in the Manta Ray mecha ep. Ace has to rain on the parade, quite properly for once, by pointing out that it's only a stop-gape measure until they can find Pewee and Aggie.

And why is Hootie in civilian clothes while flying the Phoenix?

Same discussion about all the searching they did as in BotP.
Dirk actually admits he misses Pewee. (Not that Pewee will ever hear it from him!) animewink

Ace is kicking himself for getting G-3 and 4 into this mess in the first place. (bad command decision) At least he's willing to admit it. And it took THIS for him to realize how important the power bands really are!?!?! Wasn't this covered in "Tranformation 101" or something?

They clipped G-1 taking the band out of his pocket and a little of the back and forth, but Hootie (in street clothes on the Phoenix) and him do talk on the bands.

Hootie found the cliff with the castle while patrolling in the Phoenix (something to be said for coming out of the water.) When Ace asks him to look at the top of the cliff, he asks Hootie if he sees "anything fishy." NOT the ep for the word "fishy." Comes across as a pun. When Hootie sees the castle, he says he thinks it's Galactor's secret base.

I think I might have clipped a bit when recording this off the TV. I was zeroing out the commercials, and the way the tape cuts in in the middle of Ace's sentence after the blip indicating where the tape was stopped/started (no one TOLD me pause worked better!) makes me think I clipped a bit just after the original line of commercials.

Ace goes to check it out on his motorcycle. At night. By himself. Driving up the road leading to the castle. In plain sight.

(What is this with him –and it's on other eps too- where someone gets in trouble, he thinks or knows it's HIS fault, and he has to personally make it up to them?)

When he gets up there, his common sense seems to reassert itself and he slips over the wall and sneaks up to the building. Sees two dummies made up like civilian G-3 and 4. He's fooled. Breaks thru the window, gets cut by the glass –right cheek, about two in. below the eye, and right arm-, finds a recording hidden in the Pewee dummy. Apparently Galactor decided that, even if he wasn't sure if two of the members aboard the Phoenix were real, he'd err on the side of psychological warfare and pretend he knew where he only suspected.

And of course, Galactor just has to brag and tell them that he's attacking a particular uranium warehouse and bringing G-3 and 4 along for the ride.

So Ace is back on the Phoenix and tells G-2 and 5 that 3 and 4 are on the squid fricasee ship. And apparently Dirk's been taking time to analyze the armor of the squid, because he says that "we can't break thru the hull even if we use all the missiles we have." Ace decides to sneak aboard and bring G-3 and 4 their bands. He's looking just as upset as Mark, and his voice shows as little emotion.

Unlike Zoltar, Galactor realizes he's being followed. True, he planned that way, but at least he's paying attention to his scanners.

And part of Galactor's target is a stockpile of an isotope called plutonium 239.

Now Ace's voice actor, doing the narration thing, informs us that when powerful energy, like one of Galactor's missiles, (their words, not mine) is applied to it from outside, it becomes an atomic bomb. To add to the fear/freak factor, the camera pans to show us a nuclear plant very near the uranium warehouse. (Than again, where else would a uranium warehouse be?)

The cases of plutonium are falling all over the place…

No new posts 13-06-2010 04:49 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, Galactor's brain is functioning at this time –to a point. He says that all they have to do is drop the tower (uranium warehouse) on the "nuclear power center" and the explosion will destroy LawnPark.

Galactor orders the prisoners put in the building so that they'll blow up too. Two GGs enter a room with machinery on the walls and in the middle two coffins with the stamp of Galactor on the lids. As they bend over to drag (not push, drag) the coffins, two birds clobber them.

And how did G-1 get the tape off of G-3's mouth without her even flinching?

Awww….G-3 gives G-1 a big hug. Anime Smooch

Two G-forcers out of the boxes, two soldiers into the boxes.

Pewee asks what took them so long. Ace tells the truth; the guys had trouble locating them. No reason to go into WHY! At least Ace has the courtesy to apologize for taking the bands in the first place!

In this case, when G-3's bomb goes off, it fries the controls for the tentacles. The squid can't drop the tower because of complete control loss; can't even detach the things. Even Galactor has the sense to realize the squid is effectively crippled. And he sees the Phoenix fly by his viewscreen just as he realizes this. Animegiggle Love his expression.

And Ace announces to Galactor that all five are on board and they're ready and willing to fire bird missiles at the squid if Galactor doesn't set the building down in a safe place and surrender (as if). BUT apparently Dirk's analysis earlier didn't or couldn't include an in-depth scan of the materials the squid armor's made of.

One of the squid's tentacles touches the plutonium and turns to mush…

Here Aggie shows how smart she -or any G-3- can be. She figures out that since plutonium is being stored in the building, anything that dissolves like that on contact must contain uranium. And not just any uranium, but uranium 238. (Definitely better than mooning about how smart Zark is. But how much of that is Gatchascience?)
And Ace realizes really quickly that (uranium + plutonium)critical mass + energy = BOOM! He says, "If it collides with a building, there will be a big atomic explosion." (Gatchascience again? Or just realizing that under the circumstances, the reactor powering the squid might be sufficient energy?)

So Galactor tries to get away as the Phoenix is trying to get far enough away to launch a bird missile. At a good distance (hopefully) Dirk says, "Let me fire the bird missile now!"

Ace replies: "NO! There's too much of a risk that we'll hit the building by mistake!"

Dirk: (in a `just great' tone) "Right." And if he's agreeing about not firing a bird missile, than Ace is right, for once. Animetongue

Owls are really good at ducking squid missiles. :-)

So Galactor thinks there's a better chance of getting away from G-force underwater. Phoenix pursues, Ace tells Hootie how to do his job. (credit: Ayako for that paraphrase.) Hootie just says roger.

Galactor's bragging about how underwater he's in control. What part of plane/spaceship/submarine is he missing?

Ace orders Dirk to fire. Dirk says roger while pressing "the wed button." :-P

Galactor tells his men to manuever the squid out of the way of the bird missile.

Plutonium in the wa-ter….BOOM! (Man, what the radioactivity's gonna do to that part of the ocean….hope the Research or Science or whatever Institute has a way to clean it up.)

Computor is patently upset with Galactor. When Galactor insists he can get G-force next time, Computor says, "that is what you always say…next time." And I wonder if the way Galactor (and Zoltar) are holding their heads in this shot is one of the things that gave people the idea for the GBC to have telepathic powers.

The city is rather fried.

Ace is saying they need to get back and report to Dr. Brighthead, and that they can leave the disaster relief to the UN. (That's gotta be a bone pitched to the "everything's gonna be all right" folks. At least it's not 'everyone got out okay'.)

Pewee whines about not getting the mayor's personal thanks that's offered. Dirk points out that they're not supposed to receive special honors as long as the team is undercover. And he doesn't look any happier than Pewee does (altho his annoyance no doubt stems more from Galactor getting away AGAIN). Pewee whines about wanting a medal to put with his softball trophy. Aggie promises Pewee a double banana split.

Ace-as-narrator goes on about how they helped LawnPark without giving away their true identities. (!)(So many words, so little time… Good thing most of Galactor is STU-PID.) And of course, the usual folderol about how everything was soon back to normal, warm fuzzies all around.

No new posts 13-06-2010 05:01 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

When you get to the Gatch episode, Iron Beast Snake 828, you'll hear that the female commander has an IQ of 280. Ryu will say, in essence, that means Berg Katse can't be her, because he's not that smart. Ken will disbelieve it because he's had his hands on Katse, and that was definitely a muscular guy he was hitting and choking.

No new posts 13-06-2010 17:23 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Dirk admits that he misses PeeWee? This *is* a red letter day!

No new posts 13-06-2010 21:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

(Been meaning to get the BOTP version of this one done for awhile, as well as the other two-parter BOTP episodes, to providing the missing endings for TJ's BOTP recaps.)

Battle of the Planets Episode 33: Curse of the Cuttlefish Part II

“Down here at Center Neptune,” says Zark, as we see just that, “Many fathoms beneath the sea, we’re undergoing one our most shattering and nerve-wracking experiences ever.”

And now we’re inside, and Zark is descending in his little transport tube –descending from where exactly, I don’t know. What’s up above his room anyway, and what does he do when he’s up there?

He tells us that they’ve been on red alert ever since Susan told him that Zoltar was going to attack the planet Arcturus. (Arcturus is a star, not a planet. I will assume he means a planet that orbits Arcturus.)

Having finished dispensing inaccurate astronomy facts, Zark now flaps his cape and awkwardly flies over to his monitors as 1-Rover-1 watches. Once there, he informs us that Zoltar must have found out that the Conway Tapes were transferred to Arcturus, “Earth’s sister planet.”

“Those Spectra spies learn everything,” complains Zark, “But what I’m most concerned about at the moment is that Princess and Keyop are prisoners of Zoltar.”

For some reason this remark causes 1-Rover-1 to rotate his tail and fly over to Zark, sit down again, and yap.

Zark tells 1-Rover-1 that he knows how he feels but that they can’t go up there to rescue them, “as much as I’d like to.” So 1-Rover-1 lies down and rolls over, and over a couple times more.

“Yes, I know how smart you are,” says Zark –apparently 1-Rover-1 was just exhibiting his repertoire of ‘tricks,’ “But our job is here at Center Neptune. If we’re not here, who will run the complex computer systems and multi-scope scanners?

So, Zark declares that the job at hand is keeping track of Spectra’s giant cuttlefish on Arcturus.

So now we cut to what looks like the pointy head of the cuttlefish in question, rotating and boring through the ground.

But inside is Zoltar, and some Spectran soldiers who are now watching the quiet, nighttime city above on a view screen.

“I will destroy every building in this city,” declares Zoltar, “Until I find the tapes!”

He points dramatically at the view screen, and now we see that they’ve fired a sort of torpedo up through the ground, though Zoltar considerately says he’s “giving everyone notice they can take refuge, because I will destroy every building in this city until I can find the Conway Tapes or they’re surrendered to me. Earth shall belong to Spectra!”

And while he’s saying all this, we see that buildings in the city are indeed being destroyed now, in burning explosions.

Still in their civvies, Mark, Jason and Tiny are standing in a city street watching buildings on fire in the distance.

“Looks like Zoltar’s signature,” says Tiny.

“Zoltar said he won’t let up his attacks,” says Jason, clenching one fist, “Until he finds the Conway Tapes, and he means it.”

“I hope Princess and Keyop are all right,” says Mark, “Something tells me they’re in trouble. The remote controlled defense forces of Arcturus can’t hold off Zoltar’s monster.”

And now other parts of the city are being blown up too, and are burning away merrily as the cuttlefish finally emerges from underground.

We see some tanks (remote controlled, no doubt) open fire on the cuttlefish, but it releases a cloud of blackness, and then fires up its engines and takes to the air, seemingly undamaged.

Seeing this, Tiny says “That’s really weird!”

“We can’t just sit here and let Zoltar get away with this,” says a scowling Jason, fist clenched, “I say let’s go after him and scuttle his cuttlefish!”

“We can’t Jason,” says Mark, “For all we know, Princess and Keyop may be inside that thing.”

So Jason says “Let’s go see if we can help.” “Good idea,” concurs Tiny.

Meanwhile, as the cuttlefish has been rising into the air, the tanks on the ground have continued to shoot at it to no avail. But now it shoots a couple missiles at the tanks –to great avail. Destruction ensues. Now fleet of (surely remote controlled) fighter jets comes in and they all start firing on the cuttlefish too. The jets’ missiles hit it and explode, but they don’t do any damage.

Now the cuttlefish’s tentacles (detached and flying around separately now) attack the jets and smash them all apart, and then reattach to the main body of the cuttlefish. The cuttlefish begins to fly away. Inside it, on a screen, Zoltar is watching all this.

“Fools!” he says, holding his arms up triumphantly, “They are like helpless gnats against us. Soon I shall have wiped out most of Arcturian remote controlled air force. We’ve been kind to the people and gave them enough warning to evacuate. Now, to complete the destruction of their metropolitan power centers!”

Yes, now any concerns about there being people in any of the city buildings have been taken care of, the cuttlefish proceeds to wrap its tentacles around a building and rip it off its foundation.

“I’ll stop at nothing!” says Zoltar, “Until I have the Conway Tapes!”

And the cuttlefish throws the building onto the ground, where there is already lots of flaming rubble.

Meanwhile back at Center Neptune, Chief Anderson stands suddenly, a phone to his ear.

“This is Security Chief Anderson, “Can you give me a status report?”

“Spectra has wiped out most of our remote controlled defense forces,” says the same man who saw Zoltar’s “news break” earlier, as he sits at a desk, surrounded by anxious underlings, “We need help! Where is G-Force? I tried to contact them and I can’t get through!”

“G-Force is in serious trouble,” says a sweating Anderson [Oh, that’s reassuring!], “Princess and Keyop are missing and may have been captured by Spectra spies.”

Not at all reassured, the man at the desk is now clutching his head and bent over his desk, while Anderson’s voice continues to say “Hold on as long as you can. I will try to get help to you. It is critically important that the Conway Tapes do not fall into Zoltar’s hands!”

He hangs up, and then says to himself, “If they do, we’re doomed.”

The cuttlefish is parked in some main square now, and Zoltar and several gun-toting Spectran soldiers are standing in front of it as Zoltar addresses… well, I’m not sure who he’s speaking to –didn’t everyone evacuate?

“Listen to me, peoples of Arcturus,” says Zoltar imperiously, as we see a view of empty, damaged buildings, “Your feeble defenses have been eliminated! Your planet now belongs to Spectra!”

Oh my goodness –now we see an unevacuated mother and child peering out from one of the damaged buildings.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 29-08-2010 at 20:13.
No new posts 29-08-2010 20:07 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

“You will do as I command!” continues Zoltar, as we see still more unevacuees peering from windows. Does this mean that when Zark says that everyone’s evacuated a city, he’s wrong too? “Turn over the Conway Tapes –turn them over to me, or else!”

Zoltar is waving a fist in the air now. “Convince your leaders to give me the secret tapes, and I will show you all mercy! Your planet will no longer be a member of the Federation, but will be subject to Spectra!” He practically snarls this last phrase –hardly sounding merciful!

Now we cut to waves breaking against a rocky cliff, and high above, on top of the cliff, is the large mansion where Keyop and Princess are being held captive. It’s night now and the moon is out.

They’re sitting in a dungeon-like room in the basement, with a high-up window that’s on ground level with the outside, and they’re both looking morose.

“Really the pits… and no radios,” burbles Keyop. He gets up and starts banging on the very solid-looking wall with his fists, as if frustrated (though he isn’t saying anything.)

“Don’t let it get you down, Keyop,” says Princess, now standing and putting her hands on his shoulders, “Mark, Jason and Tiny are looking for us, and good old Zark probably is burning up his circuits searching for us.”

Keyop looks up, frowning, but then he looks more cheerful, “Good old… think-tank Zark… never fails.” And now he’s smiling. I guess Mark, Jason and Tiny don’t compare to Zark. Ugh.

Princess is patting Keyop on the head comfortingly, “There, that’s a lot better, Keyop.”

“Hang loose,” he replies, but then a sound outside their door grabs their attention.

In comes Agent S-9, flanked by two of her servants, or Spectran soldiers in civvies.

“Sorry to disturb your rest,” she says, clearly not sorry at all, “But this is the end of the line.”

Keyop grimaces, and Princess holds out a hand casually and says “You’re making a terrible mistake. My brother and I are only-”

“You think I’m a fool?” demands S-9, “I know who you are. You’re the ones called Princess and Keyop.”

Keyop and Princess look startled to hear her using their real names. Way to go with keeping your secret identities under wraps guys –somehow she’s learned your names!

“Never heard of them,” says Keyop, looking smug.
S-9 frowns. “Well you’ll never hear of them again.”

This unnerves Keyop a little and reaches for Princess. “She’s mean,” he says.

“Zoltar has given orders to get rid of you,” declares S-9, “With you two out of the way, G-Force’s powers will be crippled and the Federation helpless to stop us!”

Seems to me that keeping them alive and using them as bargaining chips to get… oh, say the Conway Tapes might be a better strategy. Or interrogating them for information on Galaxy Security and G-Force.

“Wait, we should check with Zoltar,” says one of the men (who’s probably thinking along the same lines I am.

S-9 doesn’t like this though. “How dare you question me? I’m in charge!” retorts S-9 (and now she’s got a gun pointed at Keyop and Princess, though she didn’t just a moment before –she’s quick draw!)

“I think we should make sure who they are before we do anything,” continues the man.

“I never make mistakes!” insists S-9.

“Maybe you’d better take a look at what’s coming through on our monitor,” he says, “It looks like G-Force.”

“G-Force?” says S-9, eyes widening, and she looks like she’s finally taking what he’s saying seriously.

So now we see a monitor, but it’s getting very poor quality images –lots of wavy lines and static. However, what it’s showing is the Phoenix, and then the bridge of the Phoenix, and all five G-Force members appear to be present and accounted for.

“It’s not possible,” declares S-9, seeing this, “Princess and Keyop are my prisoners!”

But now we cut to the bridge of Phoenix. “Those Spectra spies captured the wrong Princess and Keyop,” Tiny is saying to Mark.

“I hope they don’t hurt the other ones,” replies Mark, smiling.

We the backs of the chairs that “Princess” and “Keyop” are somehow sitting in, and “Keyop” appears to be swaying slightly.

“We’re being watched!” announces Jason, and Mark immediately says “Cut transmission!”

Back at the mansion, S-9 is seeing a blank screen now (still with wavy lines though). She puts her hand to her chin, pondering…

“I simply can’t believe it,” she thinks.

And now we’re back on the bridge of the Phoenix, and the trick is revealed. Jason is holding two “dummies” of Princess and Keyop. “I’d like to have seen Zoltar’s face when he cut in on us,” Jason is saying (Sorry Jason, but I don’t think Zoltar saw this).

“Good old Zark,” says a smiling Tiny, “Always comes up with a bright idea.”

Ugh, why did they have to make this Zark’s idea?

“We’re not out of the woods yet,” says Mark, “We may have bought Princess and Keyop a little time with the two dummies we put in their place, but Zoltar won’t be fooled long. We’d better start combing every street and alley.”

And now we see the city again –and it looks like all the fires have been put out.

Jason’s walking down a street, casting suspicious sidelong glances at things. Tiny’s in the Phoenix, searching around underwater.

We cut to Zark, who’s busy at his monitors. “I can’t understand it,” he says, “I’ve had my scanners probing every street and alley in Bombers Bay. I’m so worried about Princess and Keyop! Of course, we robots aren’t supposed to be programmed for emotions, but there’s a chill in my trigatron.”

Turning to face forward, Zark reminds us that without their wrist communicators, she and Keyop “are almost helpless!”

So now Zark extends his legs to make himself taller and to get a closer look at his bio-scanner (which he wipes with a hanyky.) “This is the newest thing, you know,” he adds, “I feed bio-data into my computers, on Princess and Keyop, and the bio-scanner will zero in on them.”

Hmm, will this work? Zark hasn’t taken credit for inventing it, so maybe not.

And we’re back to the city, on Arcturus, where the sun is beginning to set.

Mark, Jason and Tiny are all standing on a bridge, leaning against its railing and looking depressed. Tiny says he’s worn out from searching all over the place underwater in the Phoenix.

“And we’ve scoured the city. It seems to have swallowed them up,” says Jason, “Not much more we can do.”

No new posts 29-08-2010 20:08 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

“It’s my fault,” says an angsty-looking Mark, “I asked Princess and Keyop for their wrist activators.” He’s determined to keep searching.

And we go back to Zark (and 1-Rover-1). Zark is saying “I’m getting something!” excitedly. “Oh my goodness! Of course! Right under my nose –I mean my scanners!” he adds, “Bio-scanners have pinpointed the location of Princess and Keyop!”

How convenient!

Zark announces his intent to dispatch Mark to their location. And now we see the city again. Some fighter jets fly overhead, but everything seems pretty quiet and peaceful (and unevacuated –definitely people about). What happened to Zoltar’s claim that he was going to keep destroying buildings with the cuttlefish until the Conway Tapes were handed over?

Mark is sitting on a bench near the waterfront, watching sea gulls fly around. “Time is running out,” he’s thinking, “If we don’t hear from Zark soon…”

So, of course, Tiny contacts him right now (causing Mark to pull his communicator out of his pocket) and tells him that he’s just heard from Zark, and “we’ve got a lead!”

Tiny says he’ll check it out and report back to Mark. “Big ten,” says Mark.

So Tiny is cruising along in the Phoenix, underwater, and he spots the cuttlefish. He quickly tells Mark this, via wrist communicator. The cuttlefish, however, is leaving the water at the base of the cliff below the mansion to take to the air, so Tiny follows.

We see Mark now, asking Tiny where he is and what’s going on.

He explains he’s in the area where Zark said the bio-scanners detected Princess and Keyop. He sees the mansion and says “That’s it! An old castle on a hill.”

“Alert Jason –tell him we’ll rendezvous on the Phoenix,” says Mark, standing up now.

Meanwhile, the cuttlefish is still flying along as we hear Mark’s voice saying “We checked the castle and they’re not there. Zark says they must have been transferred to the cuttlefish.” And now we can see that the Phoenix is following the cuttlefish –and Tiny, Jason and Mark have all rendezvoused and are back in their G-Force uniforms.

Tiny asks Mark if he thinks Princess and Keyop are on the cuttlefish, and Mark replies “That’s what Zark’s bio-scanners said.” “Yeah,” say Tiny and Jason, as if wondering how they could have momentarily doubted the infallible Zark. They continue to follow the cuttlefish.

Jason thinks their scanners must be off on the cuttlefish, as “They don’t seem to know we’re behind them.”
Mark decides this means he’s got a good chance of infiltrating it undetected and tells Tiny to get closer, as “I’m going in!”

He’s holding Princess and Keyop’s wrist communicators, and says they “need these.”

As Mark turns to leave, Jason stands quickly and says “I’m going with you, Mark.” Mark doesn’t object to this and they both rise up towards the dome side by side.

As soon as they’re on the dome, they each verify the other’s ready and then leap together towards the cuttlefish, and they’re able to get inside it via one of several round “suction cup” openings in its tentacles.

They end up inside the tentacle, and half to crawl along for lack of room to stand.

But on the bridge of the cuttlefish, Zoltar is there and he’s looking at the Phoenix on his view screen –I guess they turned their scanners back on.

“With only three of them manning their spaceship, they’ll never be able to stop us!”

I guess Zoltar hasn’t heard about S-9 seeing all five of them on the Phoenix –or he has but doesn’t believe it.

He begins to laugh evilly.

Zark starts voice-overing now as we see a tall building with a sort of atomic symbol on it.

“As I suspected, Zoltar was really after the Conway Tapes again. His spies must have found out we had been storing the tapes in the Federation building.”

And now we’re seeing a small vault, inside this building.

“But I anticipated this [Sigh… of course you did, Zark]. The people are gone, and Zoltar will have a surprise coming to him when he tries to get to the Tapes.”

At any rate, the cuttlefish comes flying in and it grabs the building with its tentacles. Inside, everything’s shaking and the Tapes in the vault are falling onto the floor. Remote controlled tanks are firing on the cuttlefish, and as before they’re doing no damage to it, so the cuttlefish is finally able to rip the entire building off its foundation and fly away with it.

On the bridge of the cuttlefish, Zoltar declares that the Conway Tapes are somewhere inside the building he’s just stolen. “Now we can get rid of our two G-Force prisoners,” he tells two soldiers.

But even as he’s saying this, we’re seeing Jason’s arms lifting the lid off of a coffin-shaped box to reveal Keyop –tied up with rope and mouth taped shut.
As Jason helps Keyop out of his box, we see that Mark is doing the same for Princess.

“You’ll be free in a flash,” says Mark, and the ropes that had been binding both of them fall to the floor.

Jason yanks the tape off Keyop’s mouth, making him wince, but apparently Mark is more gentle with Princess. “Thanks, Mark,” she says, hugging him.

“Sight for sore eyes,” says Keyop, stretching his arms.

“You don’t know how glad I am to give these back to you,” says Mark now, holding out Princess and Keyop’s wrist communicators.

They each immediately put them back on.

Back on the Phoenix, Tiny is watching the cuttlefish flying around with a building in its clutches, and is asking Mark what’s going on.

Mark tells Tiny “Everything’s A-OK. We’re coming out,” and behind him, Princess and Keyop have transmuted to their G-Force uniforms.

But Princess says “Wait for me, Keyop,” and then we see her attaching a time bomb to a nearby console. “This should make Zoltar stop and think.”

It’s nice to see that not quite everything in this episode is being thought up by Zark.

She runs to catch up to Keyop and they head down a corridor, and the time bomb ticks away…

The Phoenix swoops in and briefly hovers near the cuttlefish as Mark, Jason, Princess and Keyop all leap from it and soar over to the Phoenix’s dome. With them back on board, the Phoenix speeds away from the cuttlefish.

And just then, the time bomb that Princess had planted explodes.

The explosion rocks the bridge of the cuttlefish, where Zoltar barks “Sabotage! Someone find out what happened!”

“Auxiliary control bank destroyed, Sire,” a soldier tells him. And indeed, some part of the cuttlefish’s interior is now on fire, and smoke is coming out of its “mouth.”

“I must get these Conway Tapes back to planet Spectra,” declares Zoltar, fist in the air, “Take this ship to our undersea base for repairs.”

A soldier at a console starts pushing buttons. “Yes, Sire. Course setting three point five.”

No new posts 29-08-2010 20:09 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Zoltar then announces a red alert, and that everyone is on emergency stand-by.

He sees the Phoenix flying past on a view screen and snarls “G-Force! Always G-Force!” while slamming his fist down.

The Phoenix is actually now flying circles around the cuttlefish, and suddenly a staticky and wavy-lined image of Mark appears on Zoltar’s view screen.

“Don’t let it get you down, Zoltar,” says Mark tauntingly, “You can’t always get what you want. I’d invite you aboard the Phoenix, but I don’t think Keyop or Princess would like it.”

“You may have rescued your companions,” replies Zoltar, pointing a finger angrily, “But I have the Conway Tapes! Do not forget that!”

“Guess again, Zoltar,” says Mark, as we see all of G-Force on the bridge now in Zoltar’s view, “The Conway Tapes are back at Center Neptune, safe and sound. What you’ve stolen are nothing but some dangerous chemicals.”

Zoltar recoils at this news.

“You’re just trying to fake me out,” he says, rallying.

“You can’t get away this time, Zoltar,” says Mark, “I suggest you surrender your ship.”

Zoltar, clenched fist shaking, insists that he does have the Conway Tapes and that he will destroy them. As he says this, we see one of the cuttlefish’s tentacles smash one of the ‘Tapes” cases inside the vault, inside the building the cuttlesfish is still carrying.

The tentacle begins to glow orange and rapidly disintegrate, and this disintegration is spreading up the entire tentacle.

In the Phoenix, Princess sees this and points it out to Mark. “Looks like Zark pulled a fast one on Spectra,” she comments, “That has to be Chem LX-10 destroying that tentacle. So new, only a handful of security people in the Federation knew of it!”

“Zark really saved the day by switching the Conway Tapes with those chemicals,” says Mark, hitting his fist into the palm of his other hand.

“Then we don’t have to stop Zoltar,” says Princess, “If he doesn’t have the Tapes.”

“We can’t let him get away,” says Mark, eyes narrowing, “He’ll only come back.”

On the bridge of the Cuttlefish, a soldier informs Zoltar that the Phoenix is coming up fast on them.

Zoltar order the cuttlefish’s black “squid ink” to be ejected, which hides the cuttlefish from view.

“He’s hiding behind the oil screen,” notes Jason, on the Phoenix, but Mark tells him to keep tracking and to not let him get away.

Suddenly a missile comes shooting from the cuttlefish, right towards the Phoenix, startling Mark. “Look out!” he cries as Tiny quickly swerves them out of the incoming missile’s way and everyone else tries to keep from falling out of their chairs.

And then they dodge a second missile.

“You won’t be so lucky the next time,” rants Zoltar, on the cuttlefish, “Take my word for it!”

But now the cuttlefish has come out from its dark, concealing cloud, still clutching the building with its tentacles.

Mark remarks “That was close,” to Tiny, but he says “A miss is as good as a mile.”

The cuttlefish plunges into the sea, taking the building with it, so the Phoenix pursues.

The cuttlefish is now stationary on the sea bottom. “There it is!” cries Princess, when they spot it on the view screen. Suddenly the top, pointy part of the cuttlefish detaches from the part that’s clutching the building and comes flying at the Phoenix.

“Let’s get out of here!” cries Tiny, but in the process of evading it, the end of one of the Phoenix’s wings hits some rocks. Mark, Tiny and Jason all fall on the floor. Apparently the Phoenix is stuck on the rocks and Zoltar, seeing this, directs the top piece of the cuttlefish towards it again.

“Give it full power!” Mark tells Tiny. Tiny does, and gets the Phoenix out of the way of the incoming portion of the cuttlefish, just in the nick of time.

“Fire missile!” yells Mark, and Jason obliges.

Zoltar, who I think is inside the top part of the cuttlefish that is attacking the Phoenix sees the incoming missile on a radar screen and orders evasive action. But the missile is still following it, despite its turning and looping.

The top part of the cuttlefish is now heading towards its tentacle part, and the stolen Federation building, but we see some more cases of Chem LX-10 breaking open in the water.

“Something’s wrong –blast out of here!” yells an anxiously sweating Zoltar.

Just as the Phoenix is breaking the surface to take to the sky, the cuttlefish top strikes one of the cases of Chem LX-10 and a massive explosion results, bursting forth from the sea into the sky.

The Phoenix is spinning around as it flies through the air, but then it stabilizes and flies on smoothly. On its bridge, everyone is draped over their consoles or chairs, or on the floor.

Underwater, wreckage from the cuttlefish is falling to the sea floor but a red escape rocket emerges from the wreckage to speed on its way, staying underwater. Inside it, Zoltar is kneeling in despair, head on a console.

“I see you have failed once again, Zoltar,” says the Luminous One from one of the walls.

“Oh mighty spirit, it was not my fault,” says Zoltar, looking up, “It was my men who failed me. Please do not be too hard on me!”

The Luminous One turns black, with wavy white lines. “Excuses, excuses,” he says, “I will deal with you later!”

Zoltar is covering his ears, as if the L.O. is emitting an unpleasant noise along with the strange visuals.

Now we see all of G-Force standing outside somewhere, watching… something burn –the remainder of some part of the cuttlefish, I will have to assume, though it sure looked like it all exploded underwater.

“I don’t see how Zoltar could have escaped that one,” comments Mark speculatively.

“I don’t know about Zoltar, Mark,” says Jason, frowning, “Somehow he always manages to get away.”

“About Spectra spies?” burbles Keyop worriedly.

“Demoted to janitors, I hope,” says Princess, putting reassuring hands on his shoulders.

Ah, now we see, as the “camera” pulls back, that what they’re watching burn is the remains of the castle where Agent S-9 had been based. When did it catch on fire?

Zark voice-overs “My sensors tell me that Zoltar has once again managed to get away, but he didn’t get the Conway Tapes.”

Now we see scenes of the city, with cranes and repair crews at work on the damaged buildings.

“The work of rebuilding the devastation caused by Spectra is starting”

Now we’re seeing the Phoenix flying.

“My sensors have been unable to pick up Spectra’s top intelligence operative, Agent S-9, but I have a feeling we haven’t seen the last of her.”

And now we’re seeing a view of outer space and a nebula, then an ever-enlarging view of Earth as the Phoenix nears home.

And, then we see Zark in his room at Center Neptune. He’s just come up from below, via his lift tube. (What does he do when he’s down there?) He’s so happy that Princess and Keyop are safe, the Conway Tapes are secure, and Zoltar has been driven from planet Arcturus. “Just maybe I can flick my off switch, rest my capacitors and take a ten second oil break.”

He reclines in his oil break chair, sighs, and says “It certainly feels great to get off my ambulators. I wonder if arch supports would help.”

And there’s an incoming call. Zark hopes it’s not another red alert.

No, it’s Susan. Zark immediately stands up again, and his antennae stiffen upright.

“No alert, everything is very peaceful out on planet Pluto right now,” she says breathily, “I just wanted to tell you how brilliant I think you are, outsmarting Zoltar by switching the Conway Tapes with Chem LX-10. You are a genius.”

Ugh, ugh, ugh.

“Oh, now Susan, I was programmed that way,” says Zark deprecatingly.

“I was wondering,” continues Susan, “Do you suppose I could become a secret agent for G-Force?”

“I’m afraid not, Susan,” Zark has to say, “Robots are programmed to tell everything, you know, and that’s not good for a secret agent.”

“But Zaaark,” croons Susan huskily.

“Yes?”

“There is something I have never told… you.”

And Zark giggles.

Mercifully, it’s now

The End.

No new posts 29-08-2010 20:10 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

LOL, great addition, LB! And I agree, it's nice to have the second half of the BOTP 2-parters up.

quote:
And now we’re inside, and Zark is descending in his little transport tube –descending from where exactly, I don’t know. What’s up above his room anyway, and what does he do when he’s up there?

quote:
He’s just come up from below, via his lift tube. (What does he do when he’s down there?)

I believe Zark has 2 rooms. There's the one in which he 'works' (washes monitors, flies across the room, practices Kung Fu and throws his boomerang, not to mention has occasional visits from Mark & Princess) and the one in which he has his oil breaks on his reclining platform. One of these is called Zark's Ready Room, but I never quite figured out which one. Anyhow, I believe the oil-changing room is above the 'work' room. So when he's going up the tube, he's going for an oil change, and when he's going down the tube, he's going back to his 'work' station. Notice that he usually changes costumes in the tube, making it equivalent to some kind of multi-directional Batpole.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 29-08-2010 at 23:30.
No new posts 29-08-2010 23:30 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: