Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Essential episodes
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Essential episodes
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Vertis I did a lot of that before we became parents...

In the months before we adopted our first child we went through a second youth stage. We decided since it was just gonna be us we'd live it up and went out to pubs til 2am on Friday nights and partied in the city night clubs on some weekends. (Would have been Feb- March 2007) After that we went back to normal, midlife crisis over...Staying home and being sensible. I really don't like Sydney nightclubs. (I still don't mind a pub, but one thats kid friendly like the Ettamoga.)

One day at Rose Hill racecourse Sydney a very drunk Ebonyswanne (I'd been drinking champagne all day with my 2IC, and talking yuppy horse racing talk...i know nothing about horses but her Irish dad was great he picked some winners... Its an art to be wearing a pretty green hat with a spray of feathers and flowers and formal dress with strappy high heels... be graceful an classy when drinking lots of champagne.... trying not to stumble and trying not to act like a westy all at the same time.) I didn't intent to get drunk at all, DH was driving so he didn't drink, he said i was hilarious.

I saw a guy doing taro card readings...cause its what you do right when its free... (And what the heck, I take those things with a grain of salt.) anyway he told me he saw a baby coming into my life abound October 2007...

Ebony giggled wildly, (We had been trying to become parents for 13yrs at that point, to me it was to wild to be even close to being true) all the way back to where DH was waiting. He asked what I was laughing about. Told him and he thought it was funny too. In October 2007 we got a phone call to ask if we would accept the placement of a 6 month old baby girl...my jaw dropped and DH reminded me of the reading the day we went to meet her...

Talk about freaky moments in your life.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 06-03-2009 at 11:19.
No new posts 06-03-2009 11:14 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That is a great story, Ebony... and kind of spooky too!

No new posts 06-03-2009 15:02 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

ohh that is spooky.

You gotta enjoy it while you can, we're all in our 30's now and quite a few of us are think of families..
Ive just found out my younger sister is making me an aunt and since then I feel like Capt Hook. I keep hearing a ticking sound Wink1

No new posts 06-03-2009 18:41 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

Ahhh the parentless life. Sometimes it can be a good thing, and when I think I need to enjoy kids, I just borrow my families kids. They don't mind. Bounce2

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 07-03-2009 03:35 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
That is a great story, Ebony... and kind of spooky too!

Ebony, that is kinda wild.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 07-03-2009 03:35 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Very cool, Ebony! I've never been to see a medium or tarot card reader...but I think it would be fun!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 07-03-2009 10:39 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Xephon0930 Xephon0930 is a Male

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-04-2009

spacer

I got an idea for a drinking game!!!!
Take a sip if....
Joe wants to use the Bird Missiles
Whenever Berg Kaste Laughs at almost nothing
Whenever Ken argues with Dr. Nambu
Whenever Ken hits anyone.(take two if its a girl)
Whenever the Firebird Technique is used
Whenever Ryu sleeps on the job
Whenever Jinpei is up to no good
Whenever Ken almost asks Jun out.
Whenever Joe does something beyond human and no one notices
Whenever the Hypershoot threatens Ken's life.
Whenever a Galactor goon is colatteral damage
Whenever people die
Whenever Joe gets into a bad relationship
Whenever Pimer is annoying(which is everytime you see him)
The list goes on.....
Lol

No new posts 15-04-2009 22:26 Xephon0930 is offline Send an Email to Xephon0930 Search for Posts by Xephon0930 Add Xephon0930 to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Anyone playing this game would, I think, get very drunk, very quickly!

(Granted, that is the purpose of drinking games...)

No new posts 16-04-2009 01:33 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

There is a Gatch drinking game posted somewhere...I'll have to see if I can find it...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 16-04-2009 01:35 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

It is posted on the previous page of this thread Springie.

No new posts 16-04-2009 01:43 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh, jeez *smacks forrehead* ...Thanks for keeping me straight, CD! Jester1

No new posts 16-04-2009 01:49 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

That is okay Springie, I only remember because I was the one who posted it. Biglaugh2

No new posts 16-04-2009 02:03 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Xephon0930 Xephon0930 is a Male

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-04-2009

spacer

Whenever Egoblosser tries to be like Captain Harlock(and fails!!!)
Whenever the dubbed Keyop or Jinpei squawks and/or bleeps.
Whenever the Eagle Riders does something stupid.
Whenever Sosai X(and all his incarnations) are pissed at Earth
Whenever a member of the Science Ninja Team says the password for transformation(transmute or bird go!!!)
Whenever the Science Ninja Team glides or jump very high distances.
Whenever Somebody bitches about the design of the God Phoenix 2.
Whenever Dr. Nambu warns against using the Bird Missile(s)
Whenever the Bird Missiles are used anyways
Whenever someone get hit by Ken's Birdarang
Whenever it comes back to Ken as if the laws of regular physics don't apply
Whenever Joe blacks out
Whenever the Science Nija Team doesn't pay(2 if it is Ken)

I swear to God,if no one's drunk,they probrably died of alchohal poisoning and Liver Failure.laugh3

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Xephon0930 on 16-04-2009 at 16:13.
No new posts 16-04-2009 16:13 Xephon0930 is offline Send an Email to Xephon0930 Search for Posts by Xephon0930 Add Xephon0930 to your Buddy List
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

Sorry for the thread bump but am I glad I saw this list! My son and I want to get through the series and were on episode 14 (I've seen around 60-some odd eps myself) but it will take way too long to watch all 105 and then the OVA movies and Gatch II and the few Fighter eps that are subbed so we will prob use the first list and some of the second in order to speed up the process.

No new posts 08-08-2014 05:28 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

When I got the Gatchaman dubbed series when it was out a few years ago, I took about six months to watch them all. It was the same thing when I got Eagle Riders. Now I'm working on the whole original Star Trek series.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Becky Rock on 10-08-2014 at 18:57.
No new posts 10-08-2014 18:56 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

That's dedication, Becky. Smile How was Eagle Riders?

No new posts 10-08-2014 20:17 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I actually didn't like it so much. First it was another reiteration of the team. I'm mostly a BotP person. The mechs had no character. I didn't like the chicken ship or the Gatchspartan or their new vehicles. I gave it about a 5 of 10.

No new posts 11-08-2014 00:58 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

A lot of that holds true for Gatch II and Gatch F, too. I actually like both of those series for various reasons, but they certainly had their flaws as well. I definitely didn't like the vehicle changes. Ugly ugly.

No new posts 11-08-2014 01:03 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: